Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someday you'll realize the damage that you've caused -- December 2009

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Someday you'll realize the damage that you've caused -- December  2009 Empty Someday you'll realize the damage that you've caused -- December 2009

Post  Davy Turner Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:52 pm

My sister had just turned nine and I had just turned eight... and our parents were separating us.  It had been a long year of fighting and they were done. I went to my sister's room and found her in her bed, pressing her hands over her ears.  Our parents were fighting again.  I got in beside her and she rolled over to look at me.  "I don't want you to go," I said, wishing that they would keep us together.  Dad had won custody of Daphne... but I did not know why.  He was the one leaving.  He was the one causing the fighting and the hate in the house.  I did not want my big sister to go into a place where that was the only thing she would be surrounded by.
Davy Turner
Davy Turner

Back to top Go down

Someday you'll realize the damage that you've caused -- December  2009 Empty Re: Someday you'll realize the damage that you've caused -- December 2009

Post  Daphne Turner Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:22 am

I put my arms around Davy and hugged him.  "I don't want to, either," I said.  Dad scared me sometimes - especially when he drank.  He would yell and hit mum... what would happen if he did not have her anymore? Davy did not know that part.  Mum never said anything when we went to court.  And I would not say anything now.  It was just something no one talked about.  Thank Merlin that Davy was never awake to hear it happen or to see it.  But I would help Mum get to bed and help Dad after he passed out.  It was just what was expected of me while Davy slept.  "You'll be alright, though, Davy.  We'll still see each other and talk with each other."
Daphne Turner
Daphne Turner

Back to top Go down

Someday you'll realize the damage that you've caused -- December  2009 Empty Re: Someday you'll realize the damage that you've caused -- December 2009

Post  Davy Turner Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:41 pm

I sighed and looked at Daphne.  How could she say that?  "Just when we go to school, though.  You know Mum and Dad won't let us see each other," I said to her sadly.  I loved my sister.  I did not want her to leave.
Davy Turner
Davy Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Daphne Turner Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:57 pm

I looked at Davy and could see his doubt.  I bit my lip. "Listen to me, Davy," I said to him just loud enough for him to hear me.  "I promise you that we'll see each other more than just at school.  I just don't know how often... it all depends..."  It all depended on how Dad was.  I would most likely have to sneak out to be able to come see Davy and Mum.
Daphne Turner
Daphne Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davy Turner Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:14 pm

I was glad that I had Daphne; she always knew what to say to make me feel a little better.  "I know," I said to her, whispering softly even though Mum and Dad were shouting so loudly I did not really have to lower my voice anymore.  "Dad won't let you come over.  I know Dad..." I sighed.
Davy Turner
Davy Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Daphne Turner Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:56 am

I hugged him tightly, trying to comfort my little brother.  "Well, there's no reason to worry about it yet," I said to davy.  "He's not going to keep me from seeing my brother."  I had to find a way to protect my little brother from the truth of the matter as much as I could.
Daphne Turner
Daphne Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davy Turner Mon May 18, 2015 2:02 am

I smiled, even fi I did not fully believe Daphne.  "You mean you like me enough to come visit?  You call me a pain all the time," I pointed out to her.  I wanted to tease her to try to make her feel better because she was trying so hard for me.
Davy Turner
Davy Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Daphne Turner Tue May 26, 2015 6:15 am

I looked at him and shook my head.  "You're ridiculous to think that I would not want to come," I assured him.  "Even if you are a pain in my butt sometimes..."
Daphne Turner
Daphne Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davy Turner Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:35 am

I smirked slightly.  "You'll think it's really quiet without me around to bug you all the time," I pointed out to her.  I hated that I had to point out that aspect, but still.  I knew I was going to miss her bull-headed-ness.
Davy Turner
Davy Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Daphne Turner Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:57 am

I could not help but laugh at my brother and roll my eyes.  "Who knows?  Maybe I'll enjoy the quiet.  You are rather bothersome at times," I said to him, turning things into a joke just for my brother.  I had to make him feel better; it was my job... alongside driving him mental.
Daphne Turner
Daphne Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davy Turner Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:40 am

I rolled my eyes at her.  "Oh, shut it," I said, sighing.  "At least they're running out of things to say to each other..."  Our parents were starting to get quieter.  "Or they've lost their voice."
Davy Turner
Davy Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Daphne Turner Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:50 am

I sighed.  What Davy did not know was that once they lost their voices or found nothing else to shout at each other, Dad would resort to hitting Mum or something.  Hopefully he would just storm out tonight like he has done on occasion.  "Perhaps we should take this opportunity to try to sleep," I suggested, wnating to protect Davy from hearing or seeing our father's abuse.
Daphne Turner
Daphne Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davy Turner Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:01 am

I looked at Daphne and shrugged.  "I don't know if I'll be able to," I said to her truthfully.  I did not want to be alone... I knew that things could turn dark with the way our parents were... but it was only because of the shouting.
Davy Turner
Davy Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Daphne Turner Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:28 pm

I could see the doubt and fear in my brother's eyes. I bit mylip and sighed.  "We can just stay with each other, though," I said to him, putting my arm around him.
Daphne Turner
Daphne Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Davy Turner Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:54 am

I smiled and let my sister hug me.  We were always really close... this divorce was going to be horrible.  "Thanks," I said to her quietly.
Davy Turner
Davy Turner

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next