Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Believers in Giving Chances -- Late Summer 1971

3 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Believers in Giving Chances -- Late Summer 1971 - Page 2 Empty Re: Believers in Giving Chances -- Late Summer 1971

Post  Remus Lupin Sat May 17, 2014 9:20 pm

I did not want to argue, but I did not think that the professor got my point.  "Friendship isn't about lying to people, though," I explained.  "I would constantly have to lie.  So who would want to be friends with me?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Believers in Giving Chances -- Late Summer 1971 - Page 2 Empty Re: Believers in Giving Chances -- Late Summer 1971

Post  Albus Dumbledore Wed May 21, 2014 5:47 pm

I felt bad for Remus who was thinking beyond his years as an eleven year old.  I smiled softly at him.  "You're not the only one who could be walking into this school with secrets.  Be on your guard, yes, but don't discredit someone before you get to know them.  A true friend won't care if you're hiding something because they'll trust you enough to know that there is probably a good cause in doing so."
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Thu May 22, 2014 5:38 pm

I never thought of it like that before.  I smiled at him.  "Thank you, Professor," I said sincerely.  I looked at him.  "You think I'll be able to fit in, though?  No one will catch on to anything?"  I was really worried that I woudl be ridiculed like I had been in the past.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:12 am

My son was always a worrier; he never really got to enjoy his childhood with this curse.  I put a hand on his knee as I was sitting next to him.  "Remus, I'm sure everyone will like you.  You are kind and a good kid - which professors and classmates alike would enjoy," I pointed out to him.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Jun 03, 2014 4:19 am

I rolled my eyes at my dad.  He always tried to make me feel better, but it did not work that well.  I could not help but be concerned about what I was going to do while at school.  I could not control everything when I changed.  I at least could remember what I was doing, but there was no such thing as control.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Dumbledore Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:22 am

I smiled as Jonathan tried to ease his son's worry.  "Some students may have questions, but nothing more.  There are so many other things at Hogwarts to worry about that I don't think that your lycanthropy will be a topic of discussion among any of teh other students -- unless you choose otherwise," I added.  I did think it would do well for Remus to confide in somebody once he made friends, but that was his choosing, no one else's decision.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:01 am

I was glad that Professor Dumbledore was trying to make me feel better.  "I know I won't ever tell anyone about my problem," I assured the headmaster.  I really did not want anyone to find out about me at all.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Albus Dumbledore Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:00 am

He says that now, but I hd a feeling that he may end up confiding in some students here.  I looked at both of them.  "If you don't have any more questions or concerns, I cannot think of anything else I need to discuss.  I do look forward to seeing you at the Welcoming Feast, Remus," I said to the young boy.
Albus Dumbledore
Albus Dumbledore

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:52 am

I nodded and looked at my dad, who seemed to agree with me.  I returned my gaze to the Headmaster.  "Thank you so much, sir," I said, offering him my hand.  How could a man be this willing to help me out like this?  I would eternally be grateful to him.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:18 pm

I shook hands with Dumbledore as well before putting a hand on my son's shoulder.  "Thank you Professor," I said to my old Transfiguration teacher.  We smiled at each other and I led Remus out of the office.  I looked down at my boy.  "Are you feeling any better about going to school here?" I asked him.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:43 pm

I could not hide my grin as I looked up at my dad.  "I do feel a lot better after talking to Professor Dumbledore about everything," I assured my dad.  There was excitement in my voice rather than fear abotu the approaching school year.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:29 pm

I smiled at him and ruffled his hair slightly.  "What do you say about getting your school things, then?" I questioned.  Remus had been putting it off as much as he could, not wanting to get his hopes up.  But now, after speaking with Dumbledore, he was sure to want to go shopping for his wand and everything.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:32 pm

I grinned, looking up at my dad.  "Yeah!" I said excitedly as we made our way down to the village of Hogsmeade.  "I still can't believe that I'm able to go to school... I'm going to make you so proud of me, Dad."  I had so many thoughts running through my head about the ways to make dad proud -- good grades, maybe a few clubs, possibly make a friend (though I highly doubted I could)... and helping others.  Giving others a chance... stand up for the little man.  That would surely be a good start.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:04 pm

I squeezed my son's shoulder and smiled down at him.  "Remus, you have already made me so proud of you," I assured him.  Who would have imagined that he would have made it through being bitten and to be so strong during every full moon?
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:20 am

I felt my cheeks get a little pink, something that rarely happened.  "Dad... thanks, but I don't see how," I said as we got to Diagon alley.  I could nto wait to pick out my wand.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next