Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE)

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE) - Page 2 Empty Re: God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE)

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:41 pm

I sat down adn smiled.  "It's no problem.  I'm actually surprised she's drawn to me.  Makes me feel good; I'm expecting my first within the next month or so," I explained.  I thanked her for dishing out the fruit.  I wanted to tell her that she did not have to try so hard, but I was not going to embarrass her which I was sure would happen if I pointed it out.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE) - Page 2 Empty Re: God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE)

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:43 pm

I kissed Cathie's cheek and said, "Sit down, Cathie.  Everything is out."  I pulled out her hcair and then sat down myself.  "I was already ragging that I am going to be a grandpa."  It seemed crazy to me that I was going to become a grandpa and yet there was my four year old daughter.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathleen Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:45 pm

I laughed and nodded as Jonathan started bragging again.  "He hardly goes five minutes without mentioning it," I told Remus.  I put some of the roast on everyone's plates.  "I'm guessing you're a mixture of nerves and excitement about the baby?" I asked, understanding how men seemed to be wtih their first baby.
Cathleen Clearwater
Cathleen Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:46 pm

I put a hand on Remus's shoulder.  "Can you cut my meat, please?" I asked.  I was remembering my manners.  I knew mummy would be mad if I forgot them.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:47 pm

I absentmindedly started cutting the roast for Penelope.  I was not sure if Dad had said anything about my curse.  I laughed nervously.  "You could easily say that," I answered honestly.  "I don't know how Chloe handles me sometimes."  I pushed Penny's plate back towards her with a smile.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathleen Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:49 pm

"From what I've heard about you, you'll be a great father.  Just get used to sleepless nights," I said.  Jonathan had told me about Remus's condition, but I was not sure if I was supposed to know.  And I did not want to get John in trouble for telling me.
Cathleen Clearwater
Cathleen Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:50 pm

I smiled.  "Remus can handle sleepless nights, as we all know... I'm just a little worried about him handling the diapers," I teased.  "He's a bit of a clean freak."  I was going to have to warn Chloe if she did not already know it would be a battle to get Remus to get his hands dirty like that.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:53 pm

I rolled my eyes.  "I'm not that bad," I tried to defend myself.  I only took after my dad.  We were always quite clean at our house.  I could not help it... it was hard for me to be around Dean when he had a cold.  I did not like all the snot or anything; I was getting better, though.  We all continued talking and joking around.  When we were finished, I went to the kitchen with the dishes.  I started to wash them while wiping down the counters.  I told Dad and Cathie that I would clean up and I did not want them to help.  I heard movement and saw Penny.  She was handing me a couple of things I forgot to grab.  I put them in the sink and made sure nothing was making a mess while washing.  "Thansk, sweetie," I said as I went to tie the trash bag to take it out.  This was one reason why I loved magic; it made multitasking so much simpler.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:55 pm

I grinned.  "You're welcome," I said.  I watched him as he did so many things all at once.  I thought it was so cool.  "I have a secret to tell you," I said suddenly.  How could I not tell him my secret?  Mummy did not know I knew.  I heard her and my new daddy talking.  I wanted to let Remus in on the cool secret, though.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathleen Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:56 pm

I was picking pu the toys in the living room.  "You're still going to tell him tonight?" I asked to make sure.  I was going to tell Penny when I got her home.  We wanted them to meet first.  I thought it would be easier for them to cope with the news of having a sibling if they could put a face to the name.
Cathleen Clearwater
Cathleen Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:58 pm

I bent down adn smiled at Penelope.  "And what's your secret?" I asked, playing into how dramatic she was acting.  I thought she was extremely adorable.  I would be able to handle having a toddler... what about a newborn, though?
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:02 pm

I wrapped my arms around Cathie and kissed her forehead.  "Of course.  I'm going to go check on them," I said.  I knew that Penny's bedtime was coming up and that Cathie wanted to get her home and tell her about her new family.  I gave Cathie another kiss before heading towards the kitchen.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:04 pm

I looked around and did not see anyone else.  I returned my stare back to my big brother.  I took hold o fhis hands.  "Remus, I heard our parents talking... they don' tknow I heard, so it has to stay a secret."  I waited until he nodded.  "You're my big brother!" I said, jumping pu and down with excitement.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:06 pm

I had raised my eyebrows with anticipation for Penelope.  When she said that, I tried to keep my facial expression from revealing anything.  I heard someone in the doorway.  I looked away from Penny when she wrapped her arms around me.  I hugged her back as I stared at my dad in the doorway.  The look I got back told me that Penny was telling the truth.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:07 pm

I cleared my throat a little.  "Penny, I believe you and your mum are going to head home," I said, catching her when she ran towards m eto give me a hug.  My son was still staring at me.  I hoped he could at least compose himself enough to say goodbye to Cathie, who came up behind me.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next