Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE)

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE) Empty God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE)

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:54 pm

I had first told Remus about cathie earlier this year.  Everythign was finalized between Cathie and Robert.  We found out that Penelope was indeed my daughter.  Since Cathie and Robert split, things were tense at the Clearwater household.  I invited Remus over for supper so he could meet cathie.  Since Robert was moving out, she had Penelope with her.  The four year old was playing with some dolls whiel Cathie and I finished making supper.  I put a hand on Cathie's arm.  "Honey, ar eyou okay?  You don't seem to be acting like yourself," I said softly.  I was sure she was probably just nervous to meet my twenty year old son.

Last edited by Jonathan Lupin on Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE) Empty Re: God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE)

Post  Cathleen Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:19 pm

I smiled at John and put a hand over his.  "It's just a little nerve racking," I repleid honestly.  I was extremely nervous about meeting Jonathan's son.  I had no idea if he would accept me.  I was not trying to replace his own mother - no matter how horrible she was.  I looked over at Penny.  "How do you think he'll handle everything?" I asked, hoping that I would make a good impression on Remus.
Cathleen Clearwater
Cathleen Clearwater

Back to top Go down

God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE) Empty Re: God bless the broken road that led me straight to you -- Summer 1980 (DONE)

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:21 pm

I kissed Cathie's cheek and went to finish setting the table.  "He was genuinely happy to hear I was dating when we talked a little while ago," I told Cathie.  "Remus is strong and can handle anything.  Meeting you and Penny will be a breeze compared to what he's been through."  I was not completely sure how he would handle Penelope being his sister, but I had complete confidence he would be fine.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:23 pm

I was a little nervous about this dinner.  It was not the idea of meeting Dad's girlfriend.  I just felt like there was more news than just introducing me to Cathie.  Why else would it just be me and not me, Chloe, and Will?  I was a tad anxious and I had a feeling that has been eating away at the back of my mind of what it could be.  I walked in like I normally did and I heard some laughter in the kitchen.  "Dad, I'm here," I announced, walking towards the dining room.  I saw some toys in the living room as i walked by and smiled.  Dad said Cathie would have her daughter here... which I felt was the subject of the bigger news.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathleen Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:25 pm

After John had appeased my nerves, we were playing with Penny and laughing when I heard Remus call out to us.  I loked at Jonathan.  "I suppose it's time to meet him," I whispsered, standing up and grabbing Penelope.  We followed John to where REmus was.
Cathleen Clearwater
Cathleen Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:27 pm

I kissed Cathie lightly before going to my son.  I have him a hug and kept a hand on his shoulder as I turned to introduce the two ladies.  "remus, I'd like you to meet Cathie and her daughter Penelope," I said.  I wanted to break the news that she was his half sister when thing swere not so nerve racking... like over dinner.  He would know by the end of hte night, I just did not know when exactly.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:28 pm

I smiled at Cathie and shook her hand.  I knelt down and looked at the shy little girl.  "Hi there," I said.  I figured getting down to her level would make her feel more comfortable.  I had to try to help get better with kids since I was going to be a new father here soon.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:29 pm

I was hiding behind Mummy when the stranger came in.  I was not sure if I liked him... but then he knelt down.  His voice was kind and his smile so warm and inviting.  I moved around my mummy and went over to Remus and hugged him.  "Hi!  Want to see my dollies and ponies?" I asked him, taking his hand and started to pull him towards my toys.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Apparently she was not as shy as she seemed.  I was quite surprised that she hugged me.  "Oh, okay," I said, following the girl.  I was not expecting this and I really wanted to talk to Dad and Cathie.  I guess I would do that over supper.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:31 pm

I laughed and looked at Cathie.  "Seems like they'll click," I said, shaking my head a little bit.  "Should we let them be or tell them that dinner is ready?" I asked.  I went to the dining room and poured everyone a drink.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathleen Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:32 pm

I had not expected Penelope to take to Remus so quickly.  She normally did not act like that.  It took her awhile to take to John even.  "I'm sure Remus would prefer it if we called them to the table," I said chuckling.  I was not nearly as nervous as I was before.  Remus emitted a kind of calming effect or something.  It could easily be due to the way he presented himself.  I was surprised by how well he handled himself with everything.
Cathleen Clearwater
Cathleen Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonathan Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:33 pm

I nodded and went to the living room.  "Kids, dinner is ready," I said, knowing that Remus hated when I called him that.  But he was my son, he would always be a kid to me.  I smiled at Remus as he and Penny stood up.  She kept hold o fhis hand.  I clapped my son on the shoulder.  "ooks like you've made a friend," I said with a smile.
Jonathan Lupin
Jonathan Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:36 pm

I never knew I would attract kids like this.  It made me feel good.  I swear the only reason Ember and Sirius made me the godfather to Dean ws to help boost my confidence level with my own son on the way.  I figured they would choose James and Lily before me and Chloe... but I digress.  "Apparently I have," I said.  Penelope seemed oddly familiar, though.  There was something about her that I could not quite place.  She was four... it was not like I could have com eacross her anywhere else but here.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:37 pm

I smiled up at my big brother.  I was told it was a secret.  I always wanted to have a sibling... I was happy to have a protector.  I pointed to the chair next to mine.  "Sit by me, please," I said happily, climbing into my seat and sitting in the little booster to help me reach the table.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathleen Clearwater Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:38 pm

At least Penny had her manners.  "Remus, you don't have to if you'd rather not entertain Penny," I told him, dishing out some of hte fruit salad into the little bowls we had set around the table.  I really did nto want Penelope to pressure Remus or at least not bother him.
Cathleen Clearwater
Cathleen Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next