Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stealing Cinderella Part 1 -- December 1998

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stealing Cinderella Part 1 -- December 1998 Empty Stealing Cinderella Part 1 -- December 1998

Post  Ayden Greyback Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:56 am

I knew that this was risky asking her parents during Christmas break... but when else was I supposed to do it?  I wanted to ask both of them, not just Professor Lupin... so I couldn't do it at school.  I knew Lucy wasn't there; I had made sure of that.  I had suggested to her going out with the girls and having some fun and I knew she took me up on the suggestion due to her telling me all about it.  I still wasn't sure what Profssor Lupin thought of me dating his daughter even though we've been dating for nearly three years now.  With everything that we have gone through, I don't see why asking for her hand would be that much of a surprise.  I just know that I have my family's history proceding me... and that wasn't a good thing.  I took a deep breath and knocked on the door.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Stealing Cinderella Part 1 -- December 1998 Empty Re: Stealing Cinderella Part 1 -- December 1998

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:29 am

I heard the door and got up from reading a book by the fire and walked over to answer it. I pulled it open and wasn't expecting such a draft from outside. "Hello Ayden," I said, moving so he could come in out of the cold. Once I had the door closed I turned to look at him. "Lucy is out with her friends as far as I know." I always appreciated the fact that my baby girl let me know where she was going and who she was with... even if it wasn't always the complete truth. I realized a lot of the time she had said where she was going but not who she was with when it pertained to Ayden.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Stealing Cinderella Part 1 -- December 1998 Empty Re: Stealing Cinderella Part 1 -- December 1998

Post  Ayden Greyback Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:32 am

I smiled politely.  "I know," I said, brushing some snow off of my cloak and hanging it up.  I looked at him.  I had never seen him in his glasses before... Lucy talked about it all the time but I hadn't expected to ever see him in them.  He didn't need them all the time.  "Is Mrs. Lupin home, too?  If so... I'd really like to speak with both of you if at all possible."  I didn't want to seem demanding or anything... and I felt like Professor Lupin could see right throuhg me.  Those glasses really didn't help much.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:10 pm

I nodded and told Ayden, "Why don't you wait in the living room adn we'll be right in."  I watched the boy go to the living room and I went and found Chloe.  I took off my glasses and rubbed the bridge of my nose.  "Honey," I said, leaning against the door frame.  "Ayden would like to speak to us..."  I really hoped that my dread wasn't that obvious.  I had a feeling I knew what this was about.  But this was my little girl... I wasn't sure if I was ready to do this.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:49 am

I smiled looking to him as he seemed to be panicky. " It can't be bad news.." I said trying to reassure him. He was adorable when it came to Lucy, he hadn't been this protective of William...but I suppose it's because I am. I put my hair into a pony tail. " He asked for me to make sure you didn't kill him?" I teased.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:06 am

I nodded.  "That could be part of it," I said, not being entirely joking.  "Chloe... I don't know if I can behave myself.  I've done what we've discussed and kept my nose out of it... as much as I can, anyways."  I sighed and shook my head.  "If this is what I think it is... I don't know if I can give her up."  I felt like I needed to get this out in here instead of going off on Ayden.  I knew how much he meant to my Lucy.  My baby girl.  With Will it wasn't this difficult; he could easily take care of himself.  He didn't need as much protection -- despite what Chloe thought.  Will was tough, he was wise in teh ways of the world.  Lucy was naive.  She was overly trusting.  She needed protecting.  I knew that all I would have to do was think of Lucy's happy smile when she finally opened up to me about being in love... and I would not do anything to hurt her in that respect.  But it didn't mean that I didn't have to battle with my self control whenever I saw Ayden.  He was a good kid... but I would prefer to protect my family from his father and if Lucy had strong ties to Ayden that meant that she would have ties to Fenrir.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:54 am

I really did not like how long it was taking for Professor Lupin to come in with Mrs. Lupin... it had me getting extremely nervous.  Was he freaking out?  I really hoped that Mrs. Lupin was at least trying to get him to hear me out.  I knew that this was crazy with the way our family history was.  But I was nothing like my father and I would never hurt Lucy or any of them.  Hell, I had tried to sacrifice myself to save all of them when everything went down that one day.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:50 am

I took his hands in mine, " Sweetheart you will be all right. I am there with you to make sure you don't kill him. Remember it takes a lot of guts to do what it could be and what I think it may be about." I told him making him look me in the eye. " You're not giving her up, " ignoring my need to roll my eyes. " She is still our little girl regardless of what is going to happen." I told him, " You know that he treats your little princess like the Queen she is." I said yet again. " Let's go hear him out honey." I said taking his hand and leading him out to Ayden. Ignoring any tense feelings in Remus' hand or arm. Knowing he would come despite what he thinks he will do. He knows his little princess loves him.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:35 pm

I plastered on a smile and walked out with my wife to the living room where I was secretly glad to see Ayden getting quite anxious.  Good.  He should be.  We sat down and I looked at him.  "Alright... what is it that you needed to talk to us about?" I asked, figuring I would jsut open the floor up for the kid to answer us.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Oh my god I had to ask them.  I leaned foward a little bit and took a deep breath.  "I wanted to ask if I had your permission to ask for Lucy's hand in marriage," I said, looking at both of them.  It was really hard to read either one of them right now...
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:19 pm

I felt his whole body tense up, I put my hand on his shoulder. Smiling, " Are you sure you're ready for that type of commitment?" I asked him, wanting to know. He needed to be if he wanted it.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:47 am

"Are you sure that you can keep my daughter from your father?" I asked at the same time Chloe posed her question.  That was the one thing I feared the most was that Greyback would do something to my Lucy... because of Ayden.  Hell, he's tried before and I was sure he would try again... but if I were around when that day comes, Greyback better watch out.  He's not taking anyone else away from me.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:51 am

I smiled at Chloe.  "I love Lucy... the only thing I want to do is make her happy.  If I weren't ready for it... then I would not be here asking for her hand."  I sighed and figured that something like that would come up.  I leaned back in the chair a little bit and ran a hand through my hair.  "Look, I can't control what my father does.  But I can promise that I will protect her with my life or his if it ever came down to that," I said quietly.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:01 pm

Smiling, " That's what I wanted to here..." I said as I held both my hands on Remus' shoulders as I stand behind him. " I'm convinced. " I said as I walked around to Ayden I gave him a hug. " I'll leave you two alone." I said with a smile. Looking right to Remus, I mouthed behave as I went to the room next door. Just in case.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sat Oct 19, 2013 4:09 pm

I hugged CHloe, glad that I got her permission.  When she said she was leaving, I really wanted to beg her not to.  I mean... leaving me alone with Professor Lupin?  Really?  Was that wise?  I smiled at him hesitantly.  "I'm in the process of finding a way to stop him... it could help all of us if I can get it to work.  I do want you to know that I love her.  That will never change.  I will not let him hurt her if I can help it.  That I can promise you."  I really hoped that that would suffice... if not, then there was no way I could convince him to let me ask for Lucy's hand.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next