Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You're the closest to heaven, that I'll ever be -- December 1998

2 posters

Go down

You're the closest to heaven, that I'll ever be -- December 1998 Empty You're the closest to heaven, that I'll ever be -- December 1998

Post  Oliver Wood Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:15 am

Katie had stayed home with Ben while I went off to fight in the war.  She had no idea if I was going to be coming home or not.  It was a long battle... we won.  Harry won.  I was injured, yes, but I was alive.  I was going to be able to see my son grow up.  I was going to be able to grow old with my beautiful wife.  I stepped through the front door and I heard a crash of a plate or mug or something falling to the floor.  It was the middle of the night, but I never doubted that Katie would be awake.  I made my way towards where the noise had come from and I saw Katie enter the hallway.  We stood there, frozen, staring at each other for a moment before rushing to be in each other's arms.  It hurt to hold her, but I cared not.  I held her so tightly.  "I love you," I said to her in a whisper, kissing her.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

You're the closest to heaven, that I'll ever be -- December 1998 Empty Re: You're the closest to heaven, that I'll ever be -- December 1998

Post  Katie Bell Wood Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:59 am

I coul not believe it.  I dropped my mug full of tea when I saw Oliver walk through the door.  I went to him after a moment of frozen relief and I held him so tightly.  "I love you, Ollie," I said to him, tears running freely down my cheeks.  "I thought I'd never see you again..."
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

You're the closest to heaven, that I'll ever be -- December 1998 Empty Re: You're the closest to heaven, that I'll ever be -- December 1998

Post  Oliver Wood Sun May 03, 2015 1:06 pm

I kissed her forehead and pulled away only to look into her eyes.  "I had someone to live for," I said to her, wiping her tears away with my thumbs since I was cupping her face gently.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon May 25, 2015 4:56 am

I just held onto him and kept him as close to me as possible.  "You had more than just someone to live for," I reminded him, speaking of Ben.  But there was one thing that Oliver did not know -- I was pregnant with our second child.  I just had not told him yet and I found out so close to the battle date, that I did not want to have that looming over us if something ended badly.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:49 am

I kissed Katie's forehead once more.  I knew that I had someone other than my wife to live for -- I had Benjamin to live for.  I smiled at her.  "Of course," I assured her.  "I had Ben, too."  I would always do my best to make it home for my family.  I loved them more than I ever could have ever realized or thought I could before having them.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:03 am

I put my hand on his cheek, smiling through tears.  "I can't believe it, Oliver," I said to him, pulling him close to me again.  I had been so scared that he would never come back to me.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:39 am

I held her despite the pain.  "Me neither," I said to her softly.  there had been a few close calls... but I was still standing.  I was not entirely sure how I was still there.  I looked at my wife, who despite the tears, looked radiant.  "Katie... you are so beautiful."
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:51 am

I laughed at him, sniffling.  "Now I know they conked your head a bit while fighting," I said to him playfully.  I took a deep, but slightly shaky breath.  "I think I need something soothing, though... why don't I whip you up something quick?  I know I'm going to drink a good cup of tea."
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:44 am

It was good to see a smile through the tears.  "Ah, yes, some tea would be marvelous," I said to her, following her into the kitchen.  "I'm going to go check on Ben, though, first."  I stopped when we reached the corridor that led towards the bedroom of our son.  I wanted to just see him.  Obviously I would not wake the child; we did not need a cranky boy on our hands when we were full of emotion and exhaustion.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:59 am

I smiled at him and knew that he would be back in the kitchen quickly.  I was just pleased that Oliver had made it back to us safely.  I felt a bit of nausea that I had been feeling on and off lately -- I had attributed it to stress -- and put a hand on my stomach.  I heard a noise behind me and turned after putting the pot on the stove.  Oliver was standing there with a worried expression on his face.  "There's nothing to fret about," I assured him, recognizing his look easily, even if he was a bit bruised.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:13 am

I just stared at Katie as I watched her bustle around the kitchen.  When she stopped and put a hand on her stomach, I became worried.  She had been feeling ill lately and I was not going to let it go any longer.  I went up to my beautiful wife.  "We will get you looked at once things die down a little bit," I said to her, putting my hands on her shoulders.  I knew that St. Mungo's had to be very busy right now and as of late with everything going on and especially with people going to them after the battle at Hogwarts.
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Mon Feb 29, 2016 11:33 am

I turned around and looked at Ollie, smiling a bit.  "Honey, I'm fine," I said to him.  "It has to be all the anxiety I've been having with the way things have been lately... at least the world will quiet down a little bit."
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Oliver Wood Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:51 am

I was not entirely sure, but I would not argue with Katie right now.  Just hours ago I was not sure if I would ever see her or my son again.  "it will be difficult to rebuild," I said to her quietly.  "But yes... things will start turning around for Ben's future anyways."
Oliver Wood
Oliver Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Katie Bell Wood Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:20 pm

I smiled and carefully wrapped my arms around my husband, trying to be careful with what injuries he had.  "Which was exactly what you were fighting for," I whispered to him, kissing his cheek.
Katie Bell Wood
Katie Bell Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down