Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Nights -- July 1973

4 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Summer Nights -- July 1973 Empty Summer Nights -- July 1973

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:48 am

It was so far a wonderful summer break. I had my first year at Hogwarts and I couldn't wait for James to have his friends over. I was surprised that they all did let me go to the lake behind Remus's house sometimes. Obviously I snuck ovr there without their permission a lot of the time, too, but if I ever got caught by Remus or Mr. Lupin, they didn't care. In fact, Remus was so kind that he and his father had invited me in for dinner one time already this summer! It had been great! Remus was so soooo cute. And he was a sweetheart compared to my brother and Sirius. Mmm, Sirius. Anyways... I heard mum and dad calling for us kids, so I went downstairs from my bedroom and tried to find them. I noticed they were outside trying ot get James' attention. He was thirteen and thought he owned the world. I rolled my eyes as I slipped into some flip-flops. "Yeah, Mum?" I asked, going out into the yard closer to them so we didn't have to yell.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Summer Nights -- July 1973 Empty Re: Summer Nights -- July 1973

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:50 am

I turned and smiled at my daughter.  "Oh there you are!"  I laughed and pointed at Ryan and James.  "Your dad is trying to get his attention... I feel like that will take forever.  I may as well tell you what is going on right now."  I looked back over at James and Ryan and rolled my eyes.  "Anyways... we're going to take a little vacation for a week to North America!  Doesn't that sound like fun?"  I was hoping to see excitement in my children for a vacation.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:53 am

I was listening to some music in headphones just meandering around the yard.  I had some fun flinging some stuff at the neighbor's cat, but that got old kind of quick.  I normally didn't enjoy tormenting animals... but that cat always got into my stuff outside.  So I needed to keep it away a little bit.  I turned around and nearly walked right into my dad.  "Oh!  Sorry Pops," I said, taking my headphones out of my ear.  I was laughing.  "How long have you been standing there?"  I didn't realize I had the volume up so loud.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:54 am

I stood with my arms crossed, trying to be parental to my son.  It was just so hard sometimes... he thought I was part of the gang at times.  "Your mother and I would like to try to tell you something," I informed him.  I had heard Tabby already tell Ember what we were planning.  But what she didn't let spill was we would take a friend for each of them so that way they didn't have to stay with their boring parents the whole trip.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:56 am

I grinned at my mum. "A trip?! Oh awesome!" I said, getting really excited. Last year we went to France. This year we were going to go to North America... how interesting! I wondered what all we would go see over there... And as much as I hated spending time with James, it was always a good time with the four of us going on trips together. He always turned into a good brother on vacation.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:56 am

I grinned at dad.  "Alright... what's the big news?" I asked.  I looked past him and saw Ember getting all excited and felt left out.  Why had mum told her before Dad was able to tell me?  I was older; I should know things first.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:02 am

I was so happy that Ember was excited!  "There's more... but I'll tell you once we get the two of you together, okay?" I told her, puttin ga hand on her shoulder to wait for Ryan and James to come join us.

"Well, son, our lovely annual trip this year will be to North America," I informed him, guiding him over to his mother and sister.  "I know we said we might not go this year... but we wanted to attempt a surprise."
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:03 am

I knew my face had brightened up.  I loved going on trips!  I couldn't wait!  I could even stand being around just my parents and Ember for a week or so, too.  It actually was always nice when we got to go.  I walked over with Dad and smiled at the ladies in our family.  "When are we leaving?" I questioned, thinking I needed time to let the guys know that I wouldn't be around for a little while.  I didn't want them to get worried.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:05 am

Of course it would be James to get down to business.  "Well, we'll be leaving in a week or so.  I know it probably seems last minute.. but we wanted to make sure to go before you had to start packing for Hogwarts again, but enough time after you got back to enjoy some of the summer," I explained to the children.  But they both seemed happy that we were going that it didn't bother them that they only had a weeks' notice.  I just hoped that their freidns' parents woudl feel the same way.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:06 am

"Great!" I said happily. I could tell that Mum and Dad had more to say so I waited before running upstairs to try to decide what to pack. "There's more, isn't there?" I prodded. I mean... just come out and tell us already! I could tell that James was trying to do some figuring. I would definitely tease him about leaving his 'boyfriends' for a week. I enjoyed giving him a hard time about that due to the fact that he gave me a hard time about everything else in life it seemed.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:07 am

Hmm... a week's notice would be good enough for the guys.  I smiled at my parents and gave them both an expectant look.  "Yeah... spill.  Iknow that look... it's the one I get when I'm up to something.  So what are you up to?" I questioned, laughing a little at them getting caught.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:12 am

After getting the okay signal from Tabby, I looked at both children.  "After talking a long time about this... since you've both made plenty of friends now," I started, wondering if we were making the right choice by letting them bring along a friend.  "You can each bring one friend on this trip.  Does that sound fair to you guys?"  I knew they were normally family trips... but a friend wouldn't be too bad.  Both of our children were starting to get old enough to not want to be around their parents for an entire week straight.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:13 am

"Of course!" I exclaimed. how exciting! I would probably bring Tobi. I got along with the other girls in Gryffindor house -- especially it seemed, Lily and Chloe. Even though they were a couple years older than me... actually the same age as James, to girls it didn't appear to matter. I knew it drove James nuts to know that I got to talk with Lily more than he did. It was great. But Tobi and I had been friends since day one. She was a year older than me... but that didn't matter; neither did being in opposing houses, etiher. That was what was so nic.e.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:13 am

"Not exactly," I said, not as enthused as Ember about that fact.  I saw the questions on my parents faces and smiled apologetically at them.  "I mean... it's great, I just don't know who I'd choose now.  Are you sure I can't bring Sirius, Remus, and Peter?"  It would be really hard to decide which one got to go.  How would I decide?  Well... it would depend on the time of month for Remus.  And if it happened to be during a full moon, that would rule him out.  Then flip a coin between Sirius and Peter.  But what if all three were able to go?  I had to go look at my astronomy charts to try to figure this out.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:15 am

I stared at Ryan and then we both looked back at James.  "Now, honey, that wouldn't be fair to Ember," I explained.  "And we really don't want to be watching four boys, etiher.  Not with your track record."

I laugehd and had to agree with Tabby.  "James, your friends will understand that you can just take one.  Maybe leave it up to them to decide so you don't have to be the bad guy," I suggested, trying to make it easier for my son.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next