Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Perhaps This is It -- July 1990

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Perhaps This is It -- July 1990 Empty Perhaps This is It -- July 1990

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:18 am

I had just gotten back home from Hogwarts. I had met with Dumbledore because he was in need of a professor. I knew it was a long shot, but I also knew that Dumbledore would trust me. He did before. I was just tired of jumping form job to job, it was wearing on us. I felt bad for Chloe... she didn't deserve this. She should be home with the kids and not have to be the main provider for hte fmaily. I tried not to let it bother me, but it did. I was grateful that Dumbledore had agreed to meet with me. It was the position for hte Defense against hte Dark Arts teacher. He had said he had been having issues with that position and he didn't want Snape to get it. I didn't blame him there with Snape's history. It was still a year or so before Willl's first year at school, so I figured that Dumbledore woulnd't have an issue -- especially with th eWolfsbane potion out to help Boris.

I returned home with a hopeful heart and saw that my dad had taken the kids to his pond that every generation has loved. So I went over there and saw Dad and Will out on the boat fishing and Lucy was playing in the sand on the beach. "Hey, Lucy, why arent' you out there fishing?" I asked her, coming up from behind and scooping her into my arms. Even though she was eight, she still let me do that... and I did every chance I got knowing that she wouldn't let me do it for long.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Perhaps This is It -- July 1990 Empty Re: Perhaps This is It -- July 1990

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:20 am

I barely had time to realize it was Dad who was talking to me when he picked me pu and hugged me. "Hey Daddy! How'd it go?" I asked, knowing that he had a big important meeting with Professor Dumbledore. I knew quite a bit about it... I snuck downstairs when I was supposed to be in bed when he and Mummy were talking about it.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:22 am

I set her down and plopped down on the sand myself. I eyed my daughte rand smiled. "I'm pretty sure your dad is going to be at school this year," I told her. I had already had lunch with Chloe right after my meeting to tell her the good news. Dumbledore was very open and knew me. He knew I was responsible (for the most part) and everything else. He would give me a chance. It's not that he didn't think I could teach, he admitted he was worried about parents if they found out about Boris -- though obviously, he didn't call the wolf Boris.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 am

I grinned at my dad. "So you're going to be teaching?" I asked, really excited. My daddy would be an excellent teacher. And Will and I could probably get away with a lot of things.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:27 am

I nodded. "Yes, I am... Defense Against the Dark Arts," I told Lucy. "One of my favorite classes, too. I was always getting top marks when I was in school in this class." I realized I didn't have much time to get any sort of classroom set up, let alone the time and effort into some sort of schedule of what to do with the classes. But Dumbledore did say that he had some things for me and I was to go back next week to get them once he got it all put together forme.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:28 am

"And you're going to give us A's when we get old enough to be in your class, right?" I said to him, giving Daddy a pointed look. He better be nice to us.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:29 am

I knew that point would be brought up sooner or later. But she wasn't even in school yet! And neither was Will, he had one more year to go. "Now, Lucy, that wouldn't be fair. You will have to work for good grades just as much as any other student," I informed her.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:30 am

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah," I said, looking out to the pond where Grandpa and Will were. "Is everyone okay about Boris, there?" I asked him, returning my gaze to Dad.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:32 am

I sighed; Lucy was a worrier. "Yes, honey, they are okay with Boris. Professor Dumbledore actually helped me when I was younger with Boris," I explained. I didn't really talk much about Boris with Lucy. I did wiht Will a lot, but that was because he had gotten the gene. I suppose I should really have some more talks about Boris with Lucy.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:36 am

"Really?" I said, tilting my head looking at Daddy. "That was nice of him. Wanna build a sand castle?" I was eight... I didn't like a lot of grown-up talks.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:53 am

I laughed. "Sure, let's build a castle... and you can show it to Grandpa and Will when they come in from fishing," I suggested.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:59 am

I nodded, grinning at Daddy. "Yeah! Here are some tools for you," I said, handing him a shovel and a pail. "It needs to be huge," I informed him.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:07 am

I laughed and nodded. I drew an outline in the sand. "Like, that big?" I asked her.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:13 am

My eyes widened. My Daddy kne wme so well! "Yes! That big!" I agreed, giggling. How were we going to finish this before the other two came back to shore?
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:19 am

I helped Lucy build a sandcastle. It was amazing at how particular she was... something I didn't need tow orry about with Will. She had scolded me for building it wrong twice now. "Honey... if you want my help, you can't keep yelling at me," I teased.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next