Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm through with being pushed around -- April 1996

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm through with being pushed around -- April 1996 Empty I'm through with being pushed around -- April 1996

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:17 am

After dealing with all the nonsense and bull from my dad and then the entire house of Slytherin trying to make me something I wasn't... well, I was just sick of it all. They all thought that it was weird that I excelled in Care of Magical Creatures -- they thought that Hagrid was an oaf. I liked Hagrid... he treated me kindly despite the fact I was a SLytherin. I wasn't sure why exactly... maybe it was because he could tell that I wasn't like the rest of them. I wasn't sure really. I was out on the grounds doing some homework for COMC when a group of Slytherins walked by and I could hear them making fun of me. I just couldn't make out exactly what they were saying.

"Why don't you say that to my face next time," I said, standing up and squaring my shoulders. I was so tired of taking all of the bullshit.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

I'm through with being pushed around -- April 1996 Empty Re: I'm through with being pushed around -- April 1996

Post  Dean Black Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:28 am

I was walking out towards the lake -- I was goign to have a picnic with Addison when I heard a bit of a commotion.  I looked toward the noise and saw Jetty standing there facing a group of about five Slytherins.  I slowed my pace... It didn't look like a peaceful conversation.  Uh-oh... I still walked, but I changed my direction that would put me en route to his side if he would need me.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

I'm through with being pushed around -- April 1996 Empty Re: I'm through with being pushed around -- April 1996

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:34 am

The group nearly turned in unison toward me. But I didn't really care. They probably all thought I was weak and pathetic or something. Granted, I sort of was... but then again, maybe I only felt that way because my dad made me feel that way. And now I was done with him. So I would have a new me.

"Oh, Pettigrew... we all just find it entertaining that you think you need to do anything for that oaf's class," one kid said to me, guffawing thinking that it was hilarious.

Another one from the group piped up to add to the conversation. "Seriously... even your wimp-ass dad at least made himself known by hanging around some cool kids... and even better known by being infamous," he said.

And it kept going like that. All the insults just kept flying. Well, you know what? I wasn't a wimpy kid. I was going to defend myself. And they had just pulled the last straw. I didn't even give them a warning. I raised my fist and hit the person closest to me. I saw blood squirt from his nose and I was pleasantly surprised that I had put that much power into it.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:47 am

My eyes widened when I saw Jetty throw a punch.  And then I winced when someone caught him in the shoulder.  Okay... five guys against one?  Not fair.  I dropped the food I was carrying in the picnic basket and ran over.  I picked up speed and tackled one who was about to hit Jetty from behind.  We rolled a few feet and I ended up somehow on the bottom with him getting me in the jaw.  I flipped him over my head and grinned when I heard the wind get knocked out of him.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:15 am

I heard a thud behind me, but really couldn't look to see who it was.  Then I felt someone's back against mine... that had to be Dean.  One of the other guys came at us and I swear they were really trying to just get us down so they could try beating us to death or something.  That was the look that was in their eyes.  But I wasn't going to have it.  They attacked again and both of us were holding our own quite nicely.  I could hear a crowd gathering, hollering at all of us.  Either cheering us on or begging us to stop.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:26 am

I was really glad that we were fighting with magic. I knew that the Slytheris would play dirty with that. At least with fighting with fists I could play as dirty as they could. And I did. I took every advantage I could. Then I was knocked down and saw the kid pull out his wand and point it at Jetty's back. Oh hell no. from the ground I leapt up and as he was shooting the curse I tried grabbing his wand -- only to make his curse burn my hand so badly that I nearly blacked out at the pain. I fell to the ground on top of the kid. And naturally, it was my predominant hand. So there was an advantage for the snakes.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Addison Logan Black Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:36 am

I was by the lake when I turned around after hearing a bunch of people yelling.  I now realized what was taking Dean so long.  I jogged up the hill in time to see him sear his hand.  "Dean!" I yelled, trying to shove past people to get in there and help him and Jetty.  This was uncalled for!
Addison Logan Black
Addison Logan Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:48 am

I looked out my office window from grading essays to see a fray down on the grounds.  I stood up and half expected to see Elena.  I sighed and shook my head... it was Dean.  What was it with these kids and fighting?  I set my quill down and rushed down to the grounds.  It looked like it was getting bad.  When I reached the fight everyone parted for me to get to them.  I pulled out my wand and used magic to separate everyone.  "That is enough!" I yelled, glaring at everyone.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:58 am

When Professor Lupin separated the group I spit blood out of my mouth.  I was glad that he got the sides right at least.  He ha me and Dean to one side and the other five across from us.  I realized how bloody and bruised they all were.  I couldn't help but smirk.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:07 pm

I stood there panting.  I wanted to cradle my hand but i wouldn't give them the satisfaction.  I swallowed, tasting blood.  I knew I had a split lip, probably a broken rib or two, and my head was throbbing.  But it looked like the Slytherins were suffering too.  Good.  They deserved to suffer.  I looked at Remus and saw that he was really furious looking.  Like Boris was right beneath the surface.  I'd hate to be on the other side of that man right now.  I couldn't help but smirk, thinking that the Slytherins were going to ge tit.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:09 pm

I glared at the group of five boys.  I assessed the situation and realized that Dean and Jetty were holding their own against the brawny group.  "You all will go back to your common room.  And stay there.  If I see you so much as walking to get food, I will snap.  Go.  This is uncalled for.  And don't worry; you will know your punishments soon enough.  Now get out of my sight," I said to them.  I enjoyed the fear that I saw flash across their faces as they scrambled to go down to their dungeon.  I put my wand away and looked at Dean and Jetty.  "What happened?" I asked them, my voice softer.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:11 pm

I grinned at Remus, I couldn't hel it.  "Well, I ws going to go eat with Addie... and I turned and saw five of them ganging up on Jetty.  So naturally I came to help," I said, summing it all up in a nutshell for him.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:18 pm

I sighed.  "Well, I was tired of dealing with all their crap," I admitted.  "I just kind of snapped... and they deserved it.  Ragging on me, Hagrid... pretty much everyone.  So I had to teach them a lesson."  I knew it was wrong and I also knew that I didn't have the protection of Professor Luplin liking me like Dean did.  But perhaps he would see that I wasn't like my father and give me a little bit of a break.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:20 pm

I shook my head; I couldn't believe the two of them.  I was glad that the crowd had dispersed when the fight ended.  I looked at the two of htem.  "You both look like hell," I said, sighing.  "We need to get you boht to the hospital wing."  I knew Dean's hand really needed looked at and it looked like Jetty was favoring an ankle.  Besides the fact htat their faces were all dinged up to say the least.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:30 pm

I grinned at Jetty.  "You held your own quite nicely," I told him, holding my left hand in my right. Yes, I was one of htose weirdos who was left handed.  I wondered how well lit would work after this.  I smelled burnt flesh and it was giving me an upset stomach.  It was nasty looking too.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next