Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One of the hardest decisions in life -- 1 September 1972

+3
Peter Pettigrew
Sirius Black
Regulus Black
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

One of the hardest decisions in life -- 1 September 1972 Empty One of the hardest decisions in life -- 1 September 1972

Post  Regulus Black Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:51 pm

I had sat with Narcissa on the train.  I really wished I could have sat with my big brother, but I knew his mates would not hear of it.  Besides, Narcissa and I were always close.  We were ushered into the Great Hall for the Sorting ceremony.  Of course I knew what to expect; it was just a hat that sorted us -- I had been hearing wild theories from other students while we had been waiting.  At least I would not have to wait too long before I knew where I would be seated.  Naturally I knew it would be in Slytherin; my whole family was Sorted there... except the brother I looked up to.

As we went through the A's, I took a nervous glance towards the Gryffindor table to see if Sirius was even remotely interested in where his little brother was going to be Sorted.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

One of the hardest decisions in life -- 1 September 1972 Empty Re: One of the hardest decisions in life -- 1 September 1972

Post  James Potter Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:21 am

I was naturally sitting with Sirius, Remus and Peter.  I looked over to the students who just walked through the doors from the Entrance Hall.  "Oi, there he is," I said quietly, pointing towards Regulus as if Sirius would not recognize his own younger brother.  Ember would be Sorted next year; I was not entirely sure what Sirius was expecting, though, his whole family were Slytherins.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

One of the hardest decisions in life -- 1 September 1972 Empty Re: One of the hardest decisions in life -- 1 September 1972

Post  Sirius Black Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:25 am

I watched as the first years came into the hall as I couldn't help but notice Regulus. Looking over to the slytherin table I saw Bellatrix leering at my brother. I knew where he was going to end up, but I just hoped. Well, I don't know what I hoped. Nodding as James spoke, " Yeah, " I said quietly.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Bellatrix Black Lestrange Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:37 am

I watched Regulus and Narcissa like a hawk.  I knew Narcissa would be Sorted first; it went alphabetically.  Of course there was no doubt where she would go.  But I hoped there would be no doubt wiht REgulus.  He needed to be in Slytherin.
Bellatrix Black Lestrange

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:41 am

It was my cousin's turn to get up there and be Sorted.  I gave her a smile and whispered, "Good luck," when she passed me.  I realized that I was getting more nervous.  What would happen when I sat on the stool to get Sorted?
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:08 pm

I knew that this was going to be rough for Sirius.  I looked at my mate as he watched his cousin and brother in front of us.  His cousin was up on the stool.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Wed Nov 04, 2015 2:16 am

Hearing where she was going didn't surprise me in the slightest. Looking to the guys, " that doesn't surprise me" I said as then I heard regulus name being called out as my attention went straight back up to the professor and my little brother.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:09 pm

Narcissa was Sorted into Slytherin, obviously, and I watched her walk over to the table to sit next to Bella.  I swallowed hard when I heard my name called.  Suddenly, my legs felt like they were filled with lead.  McGonagall called my name for a second time:  "Black, Regulus."

Someone behind me nudged me and I walked forward towards the stool.  I felt all eyes on me.  I sat down and the Sorting Hat slid down over my eyes.  There was a small voice that started speaking in my ear.  "So, another Black, eh?  Hmm... you are just like your brother."

Those words surprised me.  I felt my mouth fall open slightly.  I gripped the side of the stool tightly.  I was just like Sirius?  I wished I could see Sirius, but the hat was too big.  I swallowed again.  How could I be like Sirius?  I was never as strong as he was; I could never stand up to our parents the way he did.  Dodge was my hero; I could never live up to be like him.  

"You don't think you belong in Gryffindor?  You could be great, though... follow in Sirius's footsteps.  Be bold.  Be brave.  Stand up for yourself and for the rights of others."

That would wonderful.  I could have my brother back.  It could be the two of us again.  But then I remembered the way Mother had cried when Sirius was Sorted into Gryffindor; how angry Father was.  How much they suffered and how much they counted on me.  I was not the brave soul like the Sorting hat seemed to think I was.  I was grateful that the hat was over my eyes now as I was suddenly fighting back tears.  I would never have my brother again after this choice I was making.  My heart was pounding in my chest as I waited for the Sorting Hat to announce the House I was going to be Sorted into.  

"SLYTHERIN!!" It shouted loudly for the whole Hall to hear.  The hat was lifted off of my head.  I saw stares and I felt Bella's glare as it had taken longer than seconds to Sort me.  As I slowly made my way towards the Slytherin table, my eyes found my brother and I hoped that I did not disappoint him; but I could not be the person he wanted me to be.  I had to protect myself and I knew that I would not survive the torment Sirius endured since he had broken tradition.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Sat Nov 07, 2015 3:36 am

He may have landed where I thought he would end up. I couldn't help but grin as I clapped as regulus made his way to the slytherin table. It took longer then I thought it would. I could not be more happy then I was right now. I could feel my friends looking at me as if I was a complete stranger.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:59 pm

I saw Sirius clapping along with everyone else and I was actually surprised to see that.  I attempted to smile at him before I found my seat next to Narcissa.  I took a deep breath.  "That was not so bad, was it?" I muttered to her, ignoring Bella.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Peter Pettigrew Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:56 pm

I knew that this was going to be a bit rough on Sirius with everything he had to put up with in his family.  When he was grinning like a moron, though, I had to ask.  "Why are you so happy?  He's in Slytherin," I said to my mate quietly.
Peter Pettigrew
Peter Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Bellatrix Black Lestrange Sun Jan 03, 2016 11:47 am

My cousin's Sorting took far too long.  He was sitting next to Narcissa, who was across from me.  I glared at Regulus.  I was going to have to tell my aunt and uncle all about it.  They wanted me to keep them posted on their youngest as they knew that Sirius would not.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:26 pm

I shook my head, " The hat had to think about it." I said as I couldn't stop grinning. " It wasn't a straight answer..." I said looking between the three of my friends who all had looks of bewilderment. " Really, guys am I bummed that he's not in Gryffindor a bit but to know the hat had to really think about it....somehow makes it worth it."
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:41 pm

The coolness with which Bellatrix glared at me seemed to chill me to the bone.  That was when I looked away from her and across the Hall towards my brother's table.  My brother was grinning; was he happy that I did not get Sorted in the same House?  Or was it something else?  I wished I could go over and ask him.  That was when I realized that my cousin was speaking to me.  I looked over at Bellatrix.  "What?" I said, unsure of what she had said to me.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:57 pm

A slight smile came to my lips as Sirius explained.  "Ah, that makes a tad more sense," I said to him, though I could still see confusion in James' eyes, though it was obvious she was trying to understand it.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next