Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I see your true colors shining through -- Summer 1998

2 posters

Go down

I see your true colors shining through -- Summer 1998 Empty I see your true colors shining through -- Summer 1998

Post  Ember Potter Black Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:04 pm

I was on my way to visit Sirius when I swore I saw a familiar face.  "Reese?" I questioned.  He reminded me of Reese Williams who had been trying to recruit for the Order back in the day... he was there when Dean was born.  But it was not Reese, was it?  Why was he here?  The man jumped slightly and looked at me.  It was definitely him... there was just something else I could not quite put my finger on.  "It is you!" I said, going over to him.  "How have you been?  It's been... eighteen years, I think!"
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

I see your true colors shining through -- Summer 1998 Empty Re: I see your true colors shining through -- Summer 1998

Post  Regulus Black Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:08 pm

I jumped when I heard the name of my old disguise -- the one I was using then, too.  I turned to see Ember walking towards me.  "Er, yeah, it's been a really long time," I agreed, smiling at her.  "I think that's a loaded question for a different time.  I had heard about Sirius; I've come to visit.  Actually, I just left him."  It was the first time I had spoken to Sirius in practically eighteen years.  I thought he had been comatose, but he actually was not.  It was a surprise for Ember and his family, so I could not say a word.  I stared at her and could see her sadness.  The Dark Lord was back... it was a terrible time here again... I had not come forward because I knew what would happen to me or my family.  but perhaps I needed to be strong for them and come forward to only my family.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

I see your true colors shining through -- Summer 1998 Empty Re: I see your true colors shining through -- Summer 1998

Post  Ember Potter Black Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:09 am

I stared at him, barely hearing what he was saying.  He did not look like the same guy, really.  Granted, it had been a long time since we last saw each other.  I nodded slowly.  "Thank you," I added when he said something about hearing what had happened to Sirius.  "that's very kind of you to come visit... and I'm sorry, you just... there's something about you that I must never have realized before..."
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:20 am

I looked at Ember and could see that slight look of recognition.  I smiled politely at her.  "Of course," I said to her.  "You lot saved my arse a couple of times."  I blatantly ignored the last statement she made because I did not necessarily want to blow my cover.  But perhaps deep down I did -- I did not make my disguise as well as I did before.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:37 pm

I chuckled slightly at that.  I grinned again and had to give him another hug.  "I'm sorry, I just can't help it," I said to him.  I took a bigger step back and then saw what he was doing with his hand.  My gaze returned to his face.  "Did you injure your hand since last we met?" I asked cautiously.  I remember a kid who was nicer than he appeared and a better brother than he seemed to have the same twitch in one of his hands -- it was so long ago that I could nto remember which hand, but I was nearly positive it was the same twitch.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:28 pm

I remember how hard it was to try to disguise that little twitch I had since I was little after an accident with Sirius back when I was Reese Williams.  I looked at her, unsure of how to proceed.  "It's just a nerve thing I have every now and then," I said, trying to dismiss it.  "It's not as bad as it looks."  Especially when I was so used to it by now.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Mar 12, 2016 12:10 pm

I swallowed and just stared at him.  "Reese... why are you really here?  There's something more -- I can see it in your eyes," I said to him softly.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Regulus Black Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:51 am

I moved a bit farther away from the crowd in that area of St. Mungo's.  "I just wanted to make sure Sirius was alright," I said to Ember quietly.  "I mean... like I said.  There's really nothing else."  I had gotten away with lying for my entire life basically.  Why was I faltering now?  Oh, right, because I wanted them to know who I was.  I wanted to be with my family again.  I wanted Sirius to know that I was not as much of a disgrace as he thought I was.
Regulus Black
Regulus Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:26 am

I put a hand on his shoulder.  "You can tell me the truth, Reese," I said to him quietly.  Why had I not noticed how much his eyes seemed to be just like Sirius's?  Except they were dark.  I stared at him, letting my hand drop.  "You... it can't be..." I said as an absurd thought crossed my mind.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down