Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The way we talk to our children become their inner voice -- November 2014

2 posters

Go down

The way we talk to our children become their inner voice -- November 2014 Empty The way we talk to our children become their inner voice -- November 2014

Post  Millicent Bulstrode Thu May 14, 2015 11:59 am

I was still upset about hearing that Marie was Sorted into Hufflepuff and not Slytherin.  What were we going to do about her?  I had been writing her and she did seem distraught about coming home for the holiday because she did not want to face her father -- who was more furious than disappointed.  I glanced up at the clock and knew that Pansy was going to be coming over soon.  She wanted to catch up.  I heard the familiar whoosh! that indicated that my best mate would be walking in from the living room fireplace.  I looked at her and smiled, taking her cloak from her and hanging it up by the fireplace over a mat so ash would not fall all over hte carpet.

"Pansy!" I said to her, giving her a hug.  I swore every time I hugged her she felt frail and that I was going to crush her.  "How are things going?"  I figured she wanted to brag about Dorian becoming Slytherin Prefect.  I had hoped that Vinny would have gotten it, but when he told me that it was Dorian, I was rather pleased for my nephew, too.  Us adults just had not been able to see each other since the beginning of the summer holiday.  We were all rather busy.
Millicent Bulstrode
Millicent Bulstrode

Back to top Go down

The way we talk to our children become their inner voice -- November 2014 Empty Re: The way we talk to our children become their inner voice -- November 2014

Post  Pansy Parkinson Malfoy Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:45 pm

I bit my lip and shrugged.  "I'm alright," I said to Millie.  I was not entirely sure if I wanted to step into their family business, but Draco and I were Marie's godparents as we were for Vinny as well.  Marie had been writing me and I knew she was upset and hurt by what her parents were telling her.  And I could not blame her.

"Millie," I said softly, "how are you two doing with having both kids out of the nest?" i figured that was a safe way to start the conversation.  And to see if Millicent would tell me the truth because I would believe Marie with what her parents had said.  Iknew how Crabbe was... and I always thought Millie would be better, but I knew what she was, too.
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy

Back to top Go down

The way we talk to our children become their inner voice -- November 2014 Empty Re: The way we talk to our children become their inner voice -- November 2014

Post  Millicent Bulstrode Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:09 am

I looked at Pansy and shrugged.  "Oh, you know, more time to do more important things," I said to Pansy simply.  "I mean, Vinny is old enough to handle himself easily enough.  Marie was still rather young... so it's nice to have them boht at school."  I set out some cheese and crackers for me and my mate.

"Why do you ask?  Have you heard differently?" I questioned.
Millicent Bulstrode
Millicent Bulstrode

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson Malfoy Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:03 am

I smiled and ate some of the snacks.  "Erm... I haven't heard anything different on how you two have been handling being without kids... but Marie has brought some things to my attention," I admitted.  I hoped that Millie would nto get completely defensive about this.
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Millicent Bulstrode Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:16 pm

I looked at Pansy with raised eyebrows.  "What has marie been speaking to you about?" I inquired.  My daughter was probably going on about our personal family business.  Yes, Pansy and Draco were her godparents, but we were alive.  There was no reason for her to be spilling secrets.
Millicent Bulstrode
Millicent Bulstrode

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson Malfoy Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:57 am

"She just mentioned that you two aren't very supportive of her Sorting," I said to Millicent carefully.  I was so proud of Marie for breaking tradition, but I knew it had to be hard for Millie and Vincent.  they were not used to being anything but what they were raised to be.
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Millicent Bulstrode Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:00 pm

I sighed and shrugged.  "Well, yes, we are rather disappointed," I said to Pansy honestly.  "I cannot believe she was not sorted into Slytherin."
Millicent Bulstrode
Millicent Bulstrode

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson Malfoy Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:16 am

I looked at Millie.  "I understand wanting them to be Sorted into a certain House, but Hufflepuff isn't too bad," I said to her slowly.  "And even if you are disappointed, you mustn't let that change how you view Marie."
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Millicent Bulstrode Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:08 am

I did not want to deal with this from Pansy of all people.  "Pansy, you based your feelings towards Draco based off of his last name.  So you really can't tell me much," I said to her angrily.
Millicent Bulstrode
Millicent Bulstrode

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson Malfoy Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:06 pm

"I've learned better than that, now," I said to her.  "hasn't the defeat of Voldemort taught you anything?  I understand being proud of your heritage and status and everything else... but don't alienate your own daughter for the sake of it."
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Millicent Bulstrode Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:07 am

I could not believe what I was hearing from Pansy.  "Oh, please," I said to her, shaking my head.  "You would have been devastated had Dorian been Sorted into Hufflepuff.  Don't get on your high horse now, Pansy."
Millicent Bulstrode
Millicent Bulstrode

Back to top Go down

Post  Pansy Parkinson Malfoy Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:20 pm

"I'll admit that it would have taken some getting used to," I assured Millie.  "I still wouldn't have made him feel like he didn't have a home, though.  Millie... Marie is feeling so secluded from the family.  I'm just saying that it might be a good idea to lay off the Slytherin ideology."
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy
Pansy Parkinson Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Millicent Bulstrode Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:30 am

"It's different when you're living it, Pansy," I pointed out heatedly. How dare she tel lme how to raise my own child. She let hers drown -- even though I thought it was quite okay since there were things wrong with Keegan in the first place. I just would not sa that to my dear friend because she was one of my only alliances I had and she was was a strong ally to have.
Millicent Bulstrode
Millicent Bulstrode

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down