Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes superheroes reside in the heart's of small children fighting big battles -- Early Summer 2003

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sometimes superheroes reside in the heart's of small children fighting big battles -- Early Summer 2003 Empty Sometimes superheroes reside in the heart's of small children fighting big battles -- Early Summer 2003

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:43 pm

I had been home from St. Mungo's after donating a kidney to Quinn for a couple of months now.  And I knew that Quinn was going to be coming home soon.  I hoped that I would be able to handle that and go to the little family gathering Mum was planning.  I wanted to be there for Charlie and Desi.  I wanted to make up this lost time with Dora, too.  My kids wanted me to play with them, but I could not.  It killed me.  But they all understood on some level that i saved Quinn's life and understood that it meant a lot to everyone.  Of course, the kids did not fully understand what was going on.  I sighed and made myself some tea, wishing that I could get back to normalcy.  I still had Healer appointments to make sure that my body was adjusting to having only one kidney, I had to watch my diet a little closer since I did not have two kidneys anymore.  And, finally, I was able to move around without a lot of pain.  I heard a knock on my door and set my cup down.  I went to it and opened up the oak door to see my brother standing there.  "Hey Charlie," I said to him, a smile on my lips. 

I knew that there was a lot that needed to be cleared between us... we had not spoken about the reason why I was the match.  We did not speak about the reason as to why Charlie could not step up for his daughter.  Nor ha we had a good discussion about why I just stepped up to the plate no matter what hte consequences would have been.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Sometimes superheroes reside in the heart's of small children fighting big battles -- Early Summer 2003 Empty Re: Sometimes superheroes reside in the heart's of small children fighting big battles -- Early Summer 2003

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:49 pm

I smiled at my big brother and we embraced.  I really hoped that the hug did not bother him.  "C'mon, go sit down," I said to him, thinking he should nto be up doing anything strenuous.  "Are you allowed to be moving about like this?"  I was so busy at St. Mungo's with Quinn, that I was not sure what all my brother was supposed to be doing with his healing.  I felt horrible about that... but I was sure that Bill understood.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Sometimes superheroes reside in the heart's of small children fighting big battles -- Early Summer 2003 Empty Re: Sometimes superheroes reside in the heart's of small children fighting big battles -- Early Summer 2003

Post  Bill Weasley Sun Jan 04, 2015 6:08 am

I chuckled at Charlie and shrugged.  "I think I'm allowed to move about the house slowly like this, yes," I said to my younger brother.  We both sat down and I looked at him, seeing how tired he looked.  "You alright, Charlie?"
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:08 am

I nodded at Bill, not taking off my disguise of complete confidence that I wore when around my wife and daughter.  "I'm fine, Bill, what would make you think otherwise?" I asked.  I sat down and took a deep breath.  "How are you feeling?  You look like you've got some good color in  your face again."
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:58 am

I shook my head at Charlie.  He should know by now that I was not going to let him dismiss his feelings or anything.  "We'll talk about me in a bit," I said to him, waving off his question.  "You look like shit, mate.  I can tell that you're stressed and extremely tired.  And now Quinn is going to be coming home.  I know that's exciting, but it means even more work for you at home.  You're allowed to be stressed out."
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:01 am

I laughed at Bill's bluntness.  It was nothing less than to be expected, really.  I looked at him and sighed.  "Of course I'm stressed out" I said to him.  "But Quinn is getting better.  Desi is the optimistic one; I'm the realist.  I am still afraid that the kidney is going to reject... and, Bill, I can't lose my baby girl."  I wanted to talk to Bill about the fact of why he gave the transplant to begin with; but I wanted to deal with one thing at a time.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Thu May 07, 2015 4:17 pm

I nodded while Charlie talked.  "I know, Charlie," I said to him.  I could not even begin to imagine if Rosalynn, Seth, or Sidney were in Quinn's shoes... "Just try to take it one day at a time.  She is going to be coming home and that's a good thing.  Make sure she has everything here that she needs so them that way you can enjoy your daughter being back where she belongs," I said, hoping that I mgiht be able to help him out a little bit.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri May 08, 2015 4:59 am

I chuckled and shook my head.  "Bill," I said to him, "I know.  She finally is back home.  I just have to keep my worry at bay, is all.  I can't help it."  I smiled at him.  Big Bill.  The person everyone looked up to.  What would we do without him?  I sighed.  "I just... later... I don't know what to tell her..."
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:54 am

I smiled at Charlie and nodded.  Then my smile faltered sightly when he brought up telling quinn later.  I sighed.  "Why don't we cross that road when we get there?" I suggested.  "I mean, it changes nothing between any of us.  None of us ever knew that we would find out, but no one cares.  Quinn has her dad -- and it's you, mate."
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Tue Jun 16, 2015 6:55 am

I gave Bill a clap on the shoulder.  "You have no idea how that makes me feel," I said to him, relief flooding me.  I knew bill would not try to do anything... but I just wanted to make sure that things were not going to be any different between any of us.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:52 pm

I smiled at Charlie, seeing relief fill his eyes.  Did he really think I would do something like that?  I sighed and readjusted myself a bit.  Dora kept me under house arrest after having the surgery.  I could not wait to go back to work.  It was just rough for me with the twins and Sid, but it was all good in the end.  

"How is Desi handling everything?  She's got to be a wreck with nerves and excitement.  She's gotta be driving you mental by now," I said to him.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:24 am

I laughed slightly and shook my head.  "She's driving me metnal," I assured Bill.  "But it's okay... we need to make sure things are sterile and the like for Quinn when she gets home.  EVerything will go well, though, I'm sure..."  At least, I hoped it would.  My baby girl had been away from home for far too long.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:41 pm

I nodded, completely understanding what he meant.  "Dora is driving me mental as well," I assured Charlie with a grin.  "But it's all because they care.  And you know that Quinn will be well taken care of by Des and whatnot.  Quinn is a strong little girl, too, to make it through a transplant surgery at her age."
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:55 am

I laughed a bit at that.  "Yeah, and sometimes they care too much," I pointed out, teasingly.  I loved them both and was so grateful for everything they were doing for the ones they loved.  bill and I got extremely lucky.  "I know, Bill... I just hpoe that this won't hinder too much in her future you know?"
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:26 pm

I nodded, knowing that Charlie was worried beyond all measure.  "Don't fret about it," I said to my little brother.  "She'll be able to pull through anything after what happened."  I just hoped nothing else would happen to little Quinn.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next