Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curiosity is an admirable trait -- Summer 1995

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Curiosity is an admirable trait -- Summer 1995 Empty Curiosity is an admirable trait -- Summer 1995

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:22 am

I just got back from sneaking out to see Max Taylor.  I had to sneak around a lot so Will and Dad would not find out.  It was in the middl eof the night and I heard some noises like someone was still awake.  I walked and saw Lincoln's door was ajar and that he was talking and moaning in his sleep.  I was going to just walk by -- I did not want to explain what I had been doing -- but it sounded like a horrible nightmare.  If it continued, he would wake the whole house and I would get caught.  I walked in and whispered, "Lincoln?  Hey... wake up."  I knew he did not like being touched, so hopefully my voice would suffice.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Curiosity is an admirable trait -- Summer 1995 Empty Re: Curiosity is an admirable trait -- Summer 1995

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:24 am

Someone was calling my name -- Austin, he needed help.  She had gotten to him after all my efforts to stop her.  No... I would not let this happen.  Not Austin.  "Get your hands off him!" I shouted into the darkness.  I felt a hand on my shoulder and I spun around...

I grabbed the hand and was ready to do something -- I was not even sure what -- to defend myself when I realized that it was Lucy.  I was panting and I let go of her.  "Sorry.." I muttered, pulling the covers off of me.  I needed a water or something.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Curiosity is an admirable trait -- Summer 1995 Empty Re: Curiosity is an admirable trait -- Summer 1995

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:25 am

I pulled my hand away quickly when he let go of me.  "No, I'm sorry," I assured him.  "You were having a nightmare... I didn't want you to wake up the whole house."  I really did not want to get into any reason why I did not want to wake everyone up.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:26 am

I sat up and put my feet onto the carpet.  I rubbed sleep out of my eyes.  I finally took in what Lucy was wearing.  "And I ssee exactly why you didn't want me to wake anyone up," I said, standing up and stretching.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:27 am

I backed away slightly when Linc stood up.  I tried not to stare at the scars.  He always was fully clothed whenever I saw him.  I looked down and shrugged.  "I don't know what you're talking about," I whispered in response, avoiding his gaze.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:29 am

I went to my dresser and threw a shirt over my head when I realized that I was without a shirt.  I returned my look to Lucy.  "Out with Max?" I asked walking to my bedroom door  I was sure that Lucy would follow me.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:30 am

What?  He knew about Max?  "Erm... no," I lied.  I should have just let him be.  "What were you dreaming of to make you so... vocal?" I really hoped I was not crossing any lines by asking him this.  It was hard to live with someone who was so secretive and distant.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:30 am

My shoulders stiffened when she mentioned my dream, but I kept walking to the kitchen.  "It was nothing," I said quickly as I reached for a glass to fill with water.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:31 am

I leaned against the counter and crossed my arms, looking at him with skepticism.  "Right... Who's Austin?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.  My curiosity outweighed the concern I had for crossing a line.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:35 am

I gulped down some water which helped make me feel better about everything.  I looked at Lucy.  "He's no one," I lied again, though this time it pained me to do so.  Austin was my main reason to keep fighting for a better life -- one that he unfortunately could not get.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:36 am

Okay, so he did not want to talk about it.  I sighed and shrugged.  "alright... I'll drop it," I told him.  I heard a bit of a snore from down the hall.  Only one Lupin snored and it was Daddy.  He would deny it, though.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:37 am

I finished my glass and looked at Lucy.  She did look rather cute.  "So... how's Max?" I asked simply.  I figured I would turn the tables on her.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:39 am

I felt my cheeks go pink and was instantly grateful that it was dark -- only light from the waxing crescent moon shining through the kitchen window.  "I don't know what you're speaking of," I said, hating how my voice got a little higher pitched.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:39 am

I rolled my eyes.  "Lu, you're in tight jeans, a halter top, make up on, hair done... you were meeting a boy.  I also know that it's Max Taylor.  So, I ask again, how is he?" I Kept my gaze level with hers and I knew she knew I was telling the truth.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:40 am

I was horrified.  "You won't tell anyone, will you?" I asked, panicking.  Of course by 'no one' I meant Will or Daddy.  They would kill me or Max, or both of us.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next