Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to my life -- 1995

2 posters

Go down

Welcome to my life -- 1995 Empty Welcome to my life -- 1995

Post  Draco Malfoy Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:21 am

I was pretty sure that I was the only one left at home.  I went into my closet and pulled up the floorboards that I had loosened a couple of years ago when I was barely a teenager.  I pulled out my guitar -- something that Father would disapprove of.  My bedroom door was cracked and I sat down on my bed, leaning against the wall and strummed on the strings.  I loved playing my guitar.  It was my escape from the world.

As I was playing, I also sang quietly along to the song that I wrote:

"Do you ever feel like breaking down?  Do you ever feel out of place?  Like somehow you just don't belong and no one understands you?  Do you ever wanna run away?  Do you ever lock yourself in your room with the radio turned up so loud that no one hears you screaming?  ...no, you don't know what it's like... when nothing feels alright.  No you don't know what it's like... to be like me."

I strummed a little harder on the strings, my eyes closed as I began to sing again.  "To be hurt; to feel lost; to be left out in the dark.  To be kicked when you're down; to feel like you've been pushed around.  To be on the edge of breaking down and no one's there to save you... no you don't know what it's like... welcome to my life."
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Welcome to my life -- 1995 Empty Re: Welcome to my life -- 1995

Post  Narcissa Malfoy Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:59 am

I was just doing some light clearing while Lucius was at work and Juniper was out when I heard music coming from Draco's room. I was a little confused as it sounded like a guitar but I had never known he could play that instrument and I knew Lucius would disapprove. I walked as quietly as I could until I was in front of his door that was just cracked open and saw him sitting on his bed, eyes closed, lost in the music. I opened the door a bit more, thankful that it did not creak, and just watched him play as a smile slow spread on my face. I had never seem him look like that before. He seemed almost….happy. Once the song was done, I clapped. "That was great Draco."
Narcissa Malfoy
Narcissa Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:00 pm

I jumped, normally not easily startled because of Father, but Mum had totally caught me by surprise.  I managed not to throw my guitar across the room.  "Mum," I said quickly, standing up.  The only time I addressed her that casually was when Father was not around.  I had gotten bolder the older I became, but still knew my limits.

"Thanks," I said, again casually, but extremely nervously.  "I - erm - I know I'm not supposed to have this.  But..." I trailed off, unsure of why I was so nervous.  This was Mum, not Father.  I settled down a bit and slacked on my prim posture as well.  "This is something I enjoy."  I knew that Mum might understand that.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down