Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll be there for you: Cause you're there for me too -- TBD

5 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I'll be there for you:  Cause you're there for me too -- TBD - Page 3 Empty Re: I'll be there for you: Cause you're there for me too -- TBD

Post  Austin Matthews Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:53 am

I stood up, wanting to follow Lincoln, but knowing that I should not.  I was not sure how I expected this to go.  At least he did not automatically throw me out onto the curb.  that was one good thing, right?  I looked over at Juniper -- who was so beautiful, I was so happy that Lincoln was able to find someone to love the way he had always used to love me.  "I am so sorry," I said to her, realizing the uproar that I was causing in her home.  I came completely unannounced and now... Lincoln was upset.  And they had kids... this was not the way I wanted things to go down.  

What I wanted was a happy reunion... but I knew better than that.  That was what I struggled with in the beginning -- I feared Lincoln would feel betrayed by the brother he had taken beatings for to protect.  I feared that Lincoln would not accept me to be the brother that he lost -- there was too much that had happened in those thirteen years... to him because I was no longer there to help him.  I could have protected him teh way he protected me.  Perhaps I could have even stopped -- or tried to stop -- our mother killing our father.  But perhaps not.  No, that would have still happened, I am sure of that now.  I struggled to say the other words that needed to be said to Juniper.  "I-I think it best if I leave... just for now," I added, implying that I would nto stay gone.  But I was sure that Lincoln needed space... though I really hoped that Juniper would insist I stay.  I did not want to go, but I had to put my brother first.
Austin Matthews
Austin Matthews

Back to top Go down

I'll be there for you:  Cause you're there for me too -- TBD - Page 3 Empty Re: I'll be there for you: Cause you're there for me too -- TBD

Post  Elliot Matthews Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:25 am

I nodded, starting to lose interest in the adults now that it was just about that other man that came in.  "Do you think I can show June my picture?  It's done," I added, holding it up to show my big brother.
Elliot Matthews
Elliot Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:08 am

"Lincoln." I tried calling him back, but he ignored me and continued outside. I bit my lip, unsure of what to do. I wanted to go out and make sure my husband was okay, but what about Abel and Elliot? I didn't know the kind of man Austin had grown up to be. If he was anything like Lincoln, they would be fine, but to me, he was a total stranger. I would never forgive myself if anything happened to them. I was still debating when Austin spoke. I sighed and gave him a small smile, "You don't need to apologize Austin, you haven't done anything wrong." I sighed, turning back towards the door. I wasn't sure if it would be wise for Austin stay or not, but I didn't want him to leave quite yet, not until I talked to Lincoln. I looked back at the younger Matthews brother. "Please stay. Just give him a minute to work through everything." I sighed and stood. "Let me just talk to him for a minute." I made my way to the door, deciding to stand in the doorway with the open door, it was a mild night, so I could hear if anything was happening inside. I saw him on the porch and sighed. "Lincoln, what's going through your mind?" I asked gently.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Matthews Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:23 am

I looked into the next room when the adults were in time to see June go and follow Lincoln, leaving Austin alone. "Maybe a bit later, but why don't we go talk to Austin?" I suggested. I wanted to know more about this new adult. Lincoln was acting weird around him and I wanted to know why. "You can show him your picture okay?"
Abel Matthews
Abel Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:59 am

I sighed and shrugged, looking off across the yard rather than at Juniper.  "I want to believe him," I said softly.  "But... if I so willingly believe him... it could turn out to be some sort of elaborate hoax or something.  I can't go through losing him again if it ends up being something less than what it is."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Matthews Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:45 am

I nodded at Juniper as she went to my brother.  I sat down heavily in the chair and could not believe that I just did this to him.  I was turning his life upside down... for what?  Just so he knew I was alive?  So I could see how he handled his life?  Obviously I wanted to have a relationship with him, but at what cost?  Maybe it would have been better for me to just stay away than have him go through everything.  Would it be too much to ask of him to take me to where Dad was buried?  I needed to say goodbye... maybe I would have to say goodbye to both of them.  What would I do then?
Austin Matthews
Austin Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Matthews Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:17 pm

I grinned happily, standing up and grabbing the picture of the unicorn.  "Yeah!  He looks sad.  This will make him happy," I said to Abel, not waiting for my big brother to catch up to me.  I bounded out of the kitchen and tapped the man my brother called Austin on the shoulder.  "Look at this pretty picture.  It'll make you smile," I explained matter-of-factly, holding out my picture.
Elliot Matthews
Elliot Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:23 am

I sighed, giving myself a moment to chose my words carefully. "Lincoln, you know Austin, better then even you Uncle Chris does." Uncle Chris may have known him longer, but I was sure Lincoln knew Austin better then anyone. "You were the one who protected him from your parents for four years. You're the one who he was trying to protect from your parents when he fell down the stairs." I gave him a moment to process this before I continued. "I'm not asking you to believe him yet, just hear him out. Ask him questions, figure out what exactly he knows about the past thirteen years." I sighed. "Then you can decide if you believe him on not."
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Matthews Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:43 am

"Elliot, wait!" I ran to catch up with her, not wanting her to bug the man. She had such a big personality, it could be overwhelming at times, especially if you didn't know her. I finally caught up with her after she had already shown him the picture. "Sorry." I said to the stranger. "Elliot here forgot her manners, you don't know who we are. I'm Abel and this is my sister Elliot." I introduced us.
Abel Matthews
Abel Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:11 pm

<< I Just love Elliot... she's so bubbly to be in this family.  It's great!  Just what they all need Razz >>

I was not so sure about that.  "He can stay," I said slowly, more or less I wanted to make sure I could keep an eye on him to see if he was who he claimed to be.  There were little things that Austin used to do... perhaps the older Austin would still do them.  Or maybe they were things that he grew out of and it would not help anyways.  But my Austin was left handed.  That was something that would not change.  But the other things -- like the way he would throw his head back when he laughed... would that have changed?  "I'll keep an eye on him that way."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Matthews Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:34 pm

I was startled to have this little person all of a sudden in front of me holding a picture of a unicorn she clearly colored.  I was really surprised that they had come out to speak to me -- I had heard them in the kitchen.  I smiled at the two of them, finding it familiar that the older brother stepped in.  "Well, it's very nice to meet you both," I assured them.  "My name's Austin."  I looked at the drawing again and then to Elliot.  "You are quite the artist... did you do that all by yourself?"
Austin Matthews
Austin Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Matthews Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:49 am

I smiled at Mr. Austin.  "Yeah!  I mean, Abel and June helped," I said to him.  "Excuse Abel, though... he doesn't have a lot of fun."  I stuck my tongue out playfully to my brother with the way that he was always so polite to everyone.
Elliot Matthews
Elliot Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Matthews Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:05 am

<< me too! Elliot is too adorable!>>

I gave my sister a smirk. "Oh, you think I'm no fun, hu Elliot?" I took the picture from her hands, knowing she would be mad at me if it got ruined, and placed it on the table. "Just remember, you started this." I started tickling her. "Still think I'm no fun?" I asked, smileing at her as she laughed.
Abel Matthews
Abel Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:29 pm

Lincoln Matthews wrote:<< I Just love Elliot... she's so bubbly to be in this family.  It's great!  Just what they all need Razz >>

I was not so sure about that.  "He can stay," I said slowly, more or less I wanted to make sure I could keep an eye on him to see if he was who he claimed to be.  There were little things that Austin used to do... perhaps the older Austin would still do them.  Or maybe they were things that he grew out of and it would not help anyways.  But my Austin was left handed.  That was something that would not change.  But the other things -- like the way he would throw his head back when he laughed... would that have changed?  "I'll keep an eye on him that way."

I heard some commotion from inside and looked over to see Abel and Elliot talking to Austin. I gave a small laugh. "Looks like Elliot's finished her picture." I said, shaking my head slightly. I turned back to Lincoln. "I should go back, make sure they doesn't scare Austin off now that you're letting him stay." I tried to joke about it, hoping it translated well. "Come in when you're ready?" I asked gently.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:29 pm

I followed Juniper's eyes and saw little Elliot bombarding my so-called brother.  I smiled slightly.  I was so glad that the little girl was not tainted by what had happened to them the way Abel already was.  I saw so much of myself in him... and so much of Austin in Elliot.  That was why I had to convince Juniper to let them stay with us.  I could see that he was about to laugh at whatever was going on inside there and he threw his head back as Abel started to tickle his little sister.  I felt tears come to my eyes as I saw the little boy that had died so many years ago sitting in that chair.  I took a deep breath and sighed. "I'll be right behind you," I said to her, wanting to make sure I could handle this before walking back inside.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum