Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'll be there for you: Cause you're there for me too -- TBD

5 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

I'll be there for you:  Cause you're there for me too -- TBD Empty I'll be there for you: Cause you're there for me too -- TBD

Post  Austin Matthews Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:28 am

I had finally graduated from school.  I was no longer under Uncle Chris's control.  He meant well, but he did not realize what all had happened across the Atlantic -- and I had just found out.  Our father had died, Mother thrown in Azkaban, and Lincoln ended up with our fowl grandparents.  I needed to finish school, but I found all of that out just this past year.  Uncle Chris had no idea any of that had happened, either, or else he would have found Lincoln and gone to save him.  I was so afraid of how I would be welcomed.  Would Lincoln still be the same brother that had been left behind?  Surely not... he had to go through so much when I had been around, what did he have to go through with me gone?

I took a deep breath and double-checked the address I had for my brother.  I made my hand into a fist and knocked on the wooden door in front of me.  I was not entirely sure what to expect.  I had the hardest time finding this place and any information beyond Hogwarts years for my brother, so I was not sure what lay beyond this door.
Austin Matthews
Austin Matthews

Back to top Go down

I'll be there for you:  Cause you're there for me too -- TBD Empty Re: I'll be there for you: Cause you're there for me too -- TBD

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:31 pm

Elliot and I had been colouring in the kitchen when I heard the knock at the door. I looked up and tensed slightly, Draco and I didn't have any plans to meet so I had no idea who would be at our door. I forced a smile at Elliot, I didn't want to worry her, Lincoln and I had just started to foster her and her older brother Abel, although I was sure we would end up adopting them, in the long run. I was just still so nervous, especially with everything that had happened last year. I wouldn't let them get hurt, not like my baby had. I wanted to send them both into their room but that's what their mother did when their father got home and I didn't want to bring back memories of that. I would have to be content with being the first line of defence if it was needed, I would do anything to protect them. "I'll be right back okay sweetie? I'm just going to see who's at the door." I stood and made my way to the door, smiling at Abel who was reading on the couch. He watched me as I put my hand on the door handle and I saw Elliot walk up to him with her colouring book. "Elliot, honey, please don't bug your bother. I'll be right....." I was about to say I would be right back but I had opened the door and was so shocked at who was there, I couldn't finish my sentence.

I had no idea who I had expected to be at our door but the man who was there looked so similar to my Lincoln I would have thought he was his brother but Austin had died. But what if he had survived? What if, somehow, he had lived through his tumble down the stairs when he was four. But where had he been all these years and why didn't Lincoln know about it? "Austin?" The disbelief painted my voice where the shock left off. If it really was Austin in front of me, if Lincoln's brother was really at our door, a million questions were running through my mind to ask him. My mouth didn't seem to be able to form the words to ask anything though, it just hung open in amazement. I shook my head slightly to clear it after a moment and gave a small smile. "You must be looking for Lincoln, please come in." I stepped out of the way so he could come through the door and closed it behind him. "Abel, could you please get Lincoln, someone's here to see him." Once I saw him leave I turned back to Austin. "Please sit. Can I get you anything to eat or drink while we're waiting?"

Last edited by Juniper Malfoy Matthews on Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

I'll be there for you:  Cause you're there for me too -- TBD Empty Re: I'll be there for you: Cause you're there for me too -- TBD

Post  Abel Matthews Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:07 pm

I watched our new foster mum colouring with Elliot while I pretended to read. I wanted to make sure she would be okay. Juniper and Lincoln seemed nice, but we had not been here very long yet, I couldn't be sure. My eyes followed her as she made her way to the door and I gave a small smile back. I had over heard Lincoln say that I could be taken away from my sister if I didn't behave well and I didn't want that to happen. I had to at least make it look like I was trying. I felt a tap on my shoulder and saw Elliot next to me with her colouring book. My smile widened as I sat up, took the book from her and placed it on the coffee table that was in front of me. I did not mind colouring with my sister and I was about to say so to Juniper when she opened the door and suddenly stopped mid sentence. When she finally spoke again, I could hear how shocked she was at whoever was at the door. A moment later, she asked if I could get Lincoln. I nodded, stood and went to find him. He was just in the bedroom. "Lincoln, someone's here to see you. Austin, I think?" That's what Juniper had called him anyway.

<<let me know if I should change anything or delete/edit either of the replies Smile >>
Abel Matthews
Abel Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Matthews Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:26 pm

I had gone over to my big brother -- I wanted to continue coloring.  I was saddened when he walked away, but it was good that he did do what Juniper asked him to do.  I decided to see who was at the door.  I walked towards the hallway and saw someone who looked a lot like Lincoln.  I smiled at the stranger and Juniper.  "Wanna color?" I asked sweetly.
Elliot Matthews
Elliot Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:33 pm

I had just gotten home from teh office and was taking off my tie.  Still in my suit pants and dress shirt, I looked over at Abel when he spoke.  My hands froze on the silk of my tie and I just stared at him.  I nodded at Abel and dropped my hands, leaving the tie around my neck as I walked out of the bedroom with the boy.  I stopped when I saw the boy -- well, he was actually a teenage man -- standing in front of me speaking softly to Juniper.  When he looked my way, there was no mistaking him.  I saw the four year old that I had lost so long ago in the kid who stood there, looking so out of place.  I could not find words to even say to him.  He was supposed to be dead...
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Matthews Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:04 pm

I entered the house when the woman beckoned me in.  Lincoln had a family?  I had not found that out -- the things I did know were hard to track anyways.  I did find out that he ended up getting away from our grandparents and to live with a family called the Lupins.  These could not be the Lupins, could they?  No... it did not add up in my mind.  "Erm... no, thank you,' I said to her politely.  
I was about to ask her who she was when I heard noise from behind her.  Looking past her, I saw Lincoln.  I saw the disbelief on his face and I smiled at him.  I stepped past the blonde and strode towards my brother, intending to hug him.  I was not sure what I was expecting, but I did not think that he would back away from me.  I tried to hide the hurt that it caused me.  Of course with what he went through, I was a ghost to him.  I had died when we were boys... and things had only gotten worse for him, I knew even though that was not necessarily documented with anything.  "Linc... Linc-ster," I said, using the name I used to call him when we were little.  What else could I do?
Austin Matthews
Austin Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:58 am

I saw Elliot start walking towards Austin, probably to see if he wanted to colour with her, so I ran the few steps forwards, picked her up and put her on my hip. "Elliot, honey, Austin a little busy right now talking to Lincoln okay? I know you want to keep colouring so why don't you and Abel go into the kitchen to colour?" I was looking between Lincoln and Austin and Elliot. I wasn't sure how to react or what to say to Austin and I could tell Lincoln was shocked to saw the least. Abel had followed Lincoln out of the bedroom and was walking towards us. I put Elliot down and Abel took her hand. I took a few steps towards the Matthews brothers, hoping Abel would be able to get his sister to go into the kitchen with him. I looked around and saw there were a few toys n the ground. I started picking them up and smiled at Austin. "Please excuse the mess, I guess were not quite used to the kids yet." I gave a small laugh, hoping to lighten the mood. After I had put the toys away I walked up and stood beside Lincoln. He didn't seem to be able to form words and I could tell his brother was hurt that he had backed away from his hug. "You must be Austin. I'm Juniper." I held out my hand.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Matthews Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:12 am

I had followed Lincoln into the hall and saw Juniper had let in a man that looked very similar to Lincoln. I wanted to stay to find out who this Austin was that would cause a reaction like this from Lincoln but I saw Elliot still wanted to colour and I knew that Lincoln, Juniper and Austin would want to talk privately. I heard Juniper suggest that Elliot and I colour in the kitchen and thought it better then our rooms where I assumed she would send us. At least in the kitchen I could still hear a bit of what was going on. I walked over to where Juniper held my sister and took Elliot's hand when she was back on the ground. "Come on sis, we can finish that unicorn picture we were working on yesterday." I led her into the kitchen.
Abel Matthews
Abel Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:02 pm

This could not be Austin.  There was no way this was Austin.  My brother was dead.  What sick game was this?  But then he called me 'Linc-ster'... Austin always called me that after I got beat or yelled at.  It was his way to try to cheer me up.  I was glad that Juniper was able to coax the kids to go back into the kitchen, away from what may happen here.  When Juniper introduced herself and assumed that he must be Austin, I shook my head.  "He's dead.  I don't know who you are, but you need to leave," I said quietly and steadily, keeping control of my emotion the way that I had learned how to do so many years ago.What type of sick joke was this?  Who was behind it?  This could not be my brother... I heard the crash... I saw all that blood... there was no way he survived.  Not with what happened afterwards... he was gone.

All those memories was being brought up to the forefront of my mind as I stared at the guy in front of me.  It was so hard to even look at him because I Just saw a four year old little boy in those eyes... and it could not be Austin.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Matthews Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:12 pm

I easily listened to Juniper and followed Abel back into the kitchen to color the unicorn that I just loved.  "Will you get me some juice?" I asked him, smiling sweetly at my big brother.
Elliot Matthews
Elliot Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Matthews Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:15 pm

I smiled at Juniper when she spoke to me, shaking her hand.  My gaze returned to Lincoln when he started speaking again, making my smile falter.  How could he not believe it was me?  I knew this would be difficult.  I found out so much that had happened to him... all because everyone thought I was dead.  I wished I coudl have been there for my big brother!  "Linc... I am Austin.  It's a long story... if you just let me explain," I said.  "I'm so angry with Uncle Chris for many things... what happened to you being one of them."  He had to know that I tried to contact him... Uncle Chris just would nto let it happen.  Our uncle did not even want me to come back to England at all.  Said it was better being away... but how could I leave my brother now that I had a choice?
Austin Matthews
Austin Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:13 am

I looked between the two brother, happy that Abel and Elliot were in the kitchen. I had never seen Lincoln like this, and I had no idea what to expect from him. Austin just really wanted to explain everything but Lincoln kept shooting him down. "I think what he means is that....we both thought you had died when you were young. We visited your grave." I explained to Austin. I hoped I wasn't over stepping my bounds but I did not believe that Lincoln would want to send his brother out without some sort of explanation. He would regret it. I gestured to the couch and love seat. "Why don't we all sit down and you can tell us everything Austin." I had no idea who Uncle Chris was, the elder Matthew brother never really talked about his family, but he seemed to be in the middle of this as well. "I can make some tea if anyone wants?" I was hoping it would calm us all down some.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Matthews Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:07 am

"Of course." I stood and went to get a glass. After I got one down, I went to the fridge and got out her favourite juice Lincoln and Juniper had bought. "What's the magic word?" I asked as I poured it out. I felt like it was up to me to teach her manners since we were always going from foster house to foster hose. I was the only consistent thing in her life so I had to teach her to be a good girl.
Abel Matthews
Abel Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Matthews Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:09 pm

I smiled at him.  "Please," I said politely.  Of course I knew that I could easily get Abel to get me things.  It was the way that he was -- even if I did not say the magic word.
Elliot Matthews
Elliot Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Austin Matthews Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:13 pm

I smiled the best that I could at Juniper and nodded.  "Tea would be nice, thank you," I said politely.  I looked at my brother and sighed.  "I'm so sorry that you've thought that I've been dead since we were little... I didn't know any of this had happened to you.  I tried to contact you when I was older, but Uncle Chris intercepted them and there's just so much that I need to tell you.  If you could please, just listen to me," I pleaded with him.  I had never seen this look in my brother's eyes before... I always imagined this going differently.  "Linc-ster... c'mon.  I love you -- and I've missed you so much..."  I wanted him to hear the sincerity in my voice.
Austin Matthews
Austin Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum