Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There's only power and those too weak to seek it -- Fall 2006

2 posters

Go down

There's only power and those too weak to seek it -- Fall 2006 Empty There's only power and those too weak to seek it -- Fall 2006

Post  Dorian Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:34 pm

I was so tired of the way Dad was acting.  I asked Mum i I could spend time with Grandfather and Grandmother.  I knew Grandfather loved it when I visited.  I did not mind, he taught me a lot about the way things used to be... how power had meant everything.  I agreed, too.  Dad was weak... he drank a lot.  Mum tried ot hide it from me, but I knew it was true.  I gave Mum a hug and said goodbye to her.  Once I used the Floo network to get to Grandfather's house, I walked to his study where I was sure he was.  I knocked lightly on the door to let him know I was there and I waited to be addressed.
Dorian Malfoy
Dorian Malfoy

Back to top Go down

There's only power and those too weak to seek it -- Fall 2006 Empty Re: There's only power and those too weak to seek it -- Fall 2006

Post  Lucius Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:35 pm

I looked up from my parchment.  I smiled at my grandson.  "Dorian, I was not expecting you until later this evening," I said to him, not at all displeased, however at seeing my grandson earlier than initially planned.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

There's only power and those too weak to seek it -- Fall 2006 Empty Re: There's only power and those too weak to seek it -- Fall 2006

Post  Dorian Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:36 pm

"Well, Dad was acting odd again," I said, as if that explained everything.  "I'm tired of the way things are.  I like it here -- it's organized and neat.  I always know what to expect.  At home... it's not."  It used to be before KEegan died, but then Dad slowly started to change.
Dorian Malfoy
Dorian Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:37 pm

I stood up.  I disapproved of Draco's behavior, though I was plased that it drove Dorian to me.  I could help make sure he was raised according to the Malfoy standards.  I put a hand on Dorian's shoulder.  "I know.  Your father has ruined himself.  If he's not careful, he'll ruin everything I've worked so hard for us to have," I explained to him.  I was never one to treat a child as one -- they should know the reality of things, not be constantly guarded from it.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dorian Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:38 pm

I nodded.  Dad really was not himself.  "But I can keep bad things from happening to the things you worked for, Grandfather," I said, wanting to get praise from him.  Whenever I received a smile or anything kind from Grandfather, it was always a great feeling.
Dorian Malfoy
Dorian Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:39 pm

I loked down into Dorian's eager face so ready to prove his worth.  "When you're old enough, Dorian, I have full faith in you," I told him.  And that was the truth, too.  I hoped he would make the Malfoy name proud.  I only wished that Draco had kept it all pureblood.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dorian Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:43 pm

I grinned at Grandfather.  "I promise I'll do well," I assured him.  "You'll need to help me, though.  I don't know anything yet."  I had my magic, but I had no control over it by any means -- I was not even in school yet.
Dorian Malfoy
Dorian Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:44 pm

I nodded at the boy.  "Rest assured, Dorian, I will make sure you get everything you'll need," I told him.  He would be my pride and joy.  Ihad had so much hope for draco, but he became weak.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dorian Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:45 pm

I was happy I would have Grandfather's help with everything.  "Do you think I could go to Durmstrang instead of Hogwarts?" I asked.  Grandfather had told me so much of the two schools and I liked Durmstrang much more.
Dorian Malfoy
Dorian Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:46 pm

I sighed heavily.  "If it were up to me, that is where you would be going," I asnwered Dorian.  "But it is up to your parents." I was not too hopeful about that  I was sure they would send him to Hogwarts... which was under the leadership of a filthy half-breed -- and we all thought it had been bad when Dumbledore reigned over teh school.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dorian Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:46 pm

I furrowed my brow.  "Why can't I have a say?  What if I tell Mum and Dad where I'd like to go?" I quesitoned.  They always seemed ot listen to me when I told them what I wanted for other things.
Dorian Malfoy
Dorian Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:48 pm

I shook my head sadly.  "I'm doubtful of that, Dorian.  They both so enjoyed Hogwarts.  I believe they would prefer you there," I said, my voice heavy.  "but you could always try."  The plan was for Dorian to tell them where he wanted to go.  I knew their parenting style -- they would at least listen to him.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dorian Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:01 pm

"But I'll just tell them how it is," I pointed out.  "I want Durmstrang and not Hogwarts."  I would get my way, I was sure of it.
Dorian Malfoy
Dorian Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:02 pm

I chuckled, enjoying the fight in Dorian.  That would work well for him in the future.  I would make sure that my grandson would go far in life... in as opposite direction of his father as possible, too.  Draco was ruining this boy... I was glad to finally have him back.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum