Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clever father clever daughter, clever mother clever son -- Early Winter 2000

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clever father clever daughter, clever mother clever son -- Early Winter 2000 Empty Clever father clever daughter, clever mother clever son -- Early Winter 2000

Post  George Weasley Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:27 am

It was shortly after Addison had gone back to work. I figured that I would go check in on Dan to see how he was handling taking care of a two month old on his own. Also, Lenni and Jada were entertaining each other at the Burrow. We thought that it would be best if they stayed there while Fred and I were at the shop working. The Weasley Wizarding wheezes was going well these days and we were extremely slammed. The girls were so pregnant that it was probably best that they were with Mum. I knocked on the door and wondered if Dean even heard me over the crying baby.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Clever father clever daughter, clever mother clever son -- Early Winter 2000 Empty Re: Clever father clever daughter, clever mother clever son -- Early Winter 2000

Post  Dean Black Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:42 am

I had Sedona in my arms, trying to get her to stop fussing.  She had been crying since yesterday afternoon.  Iwas happy that I had the next couple days off.  I was hoping that Addison had gotten a bit of sleep last night.  The healers said it was just colic - gas.  I was not too sure.  I head a knock and went to the door, bouncing Dona a little while opening my front door.  I smiled when I saw my brother-in-law.  "Hey George, c'mon in," I said, moving out of the way.  It was a pleasant surprise to see him... though I was sure he would quickly want to leave.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Clever father clever daughter, clever mother clever son -- Early Winter 2000 Empty Re: Clever father clever daughter, clever mother clever son -- Early Winter 2000

Post  George Weasley Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:42 am

I walked in and closed the door behind me. I stared at dean and Sedona. "Would you like me to take Sedona for you?" I asked. Dean looed rather stressed and tired. I wondered what was wrong, if there was anything wrong to begin with.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:47 am

I shoo my head and positioned my daughter to try to get her to burp.  "She's just fussy.  The healers say that she's just colicy... but I'm not so sure.  I just hate that she's pretty much constantly crying," I explained.  Sedona did not have a fever... but I had a hard time thining this was just gas.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:49 am

I shook my head and grabbed a soda. I could not believe how the poor girl looked. I could only imagine how Addison looked if her daughter and husband were looking so tired. "Does she have a fever or something? Why are you not sure it's just gas?" I asked. I could only imagine what could be going through dean's head right now.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:51 am

I switched positions with Sedona again.  "I have no idea what this could be.  But I just think this is unnatural.  If it continues through the night, I'm going to take her in," I told George.  We have just been talking via Floo network with the Healers.  They wanted to try to avoid us bringing her in if we did not have to.  It would be hard on Sedona... but this is hard on her, too, was it not?
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:53 am

I did hav to agree... this did not seem very natural at all. Instead of just offering to take Sedona, I took my niece from him. Dean did loo relieved. "Let Uncle Georgie hold his little niece," I cooed. I bounced her around and swayed. I grinned at Dean when she quieted a little bit... not completely, but at least we could hear each other talk. "How has it been lately with a newborn? Besides the last twenty four hours," I added onto that question quickly. I knew the last couple of days were clearly rough.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:01 am

I laughed and opened myself a bottle of soda as well.  "I love it... we don't get a ton of sleep, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I do believe Sedona is my world now.  I never thought it possible that I could love someone this much."  I looked at my fussy daughter and then at the time.  I went to the fridge and pulled out a bottle and warmed it up.  George handed her over and I was grateful that my baby girl was actually eating.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:08 am

I noticed Dean look excited that Sedona was eating. "Has this been the first time you've gotten her to eat since this started?" I inquired. I took a swig of soda. It even seemed like Dona was calming down a little as well.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:12 am

I nodded at George.  "She really didn't want anything until now.  I've tried to get her to eat every few hours... the first time she's even been interested in her bottle is now," I answered.  I swayed a little bit while feeding her.  I could not believe that she was starting to close her eyes.  I knew I would not let her sleep though, we had to burp her or we would end up wtih another gassy child.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:20 am

"Maybe it was juts colic," I said quietly as Sedona started to drift off. I was sure I would be just as paranoid as Dean about my children that were soon to be born. I could not believe that we were all growing up.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:22 am

Chuckling slightly, I moved to the living room.  I sat down in the rocking chair we had put there -- along with almost every room we had.  "I am so happy she is finally resting," I whispered to George.  I was rather relieved that it very well probably was just colic.  I coul dnto help but worry though.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:25 am

I sat down on the couch. "Want me to keep an eye on her so you could get some rest?" I asked him. Dean really looed lik ehe needed sleep.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:26 am

It was hard not to laugh out loud.  "You act as if I'm a mother who just gave birth," I joked. I shook my head at the question, though.  "Nah, I'll be fine.  Addie can take the next shift."  But I really hated doing that to my wife.  She would probably be exhausted by the time she got home from work.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:27 am

I rolled my eyes. "Dean, I'm serious. I will watch Sedona so you can get some rest," I said, not taking a negative answer. Elena would understand... she was with my mum anyways. The Blacks hated people taking care of them and it drove me nuts. Especially at times like this.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next