Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Being sister and brother means being there for each other -- December 1998

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Being sister and brother means being there for each other -- December 1998 Empty Being sister and brother means being there for each other -- December 1998

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:42 am

Charlie and I came home again for Christmas.  We had some exciting news to tell the family... we were now engaged!  We wanted to spread the good news of course.  It was after dinner and I was helping clean up the kitchen with Remus.  Everyone was so excited... and to be honest, Charlie and I wanted to get married within the year.  We had already talked about it already and would love to have it at The Burrow outside... the timing was just undecided as of right now.  I just wanted to ask Remus a couple of things.  My side of the family was not going to be there... They disowned me... why on earth would I want them around?  But that also meant that my dad would not be walking me down the aisle.  Which was fine by me... I didn't like him much to begin with.  "Hey... I have a question for you," I told him, putting the clean dishes in the cupboards.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Being sister and brother means being there for each other -- December 1998 Empty Re: Being sister and brother means being there for each other -- December 1998

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:47 am

I was helping getting things put away.  I looked over at my sister and asked, "What is it?"  I was actually surprised she was in here with me and not out there talking with Lucy about wedding plans.  I nearly laughed with the look of excitement on Lucy's face.  Little did my daughter know, but Ayden was thinking of doing the same thing soon... my girls were growing up.  I knew that Desi was older than Lucy, but I felt protective over her like I was over Lucy.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Being sister and brother means being there for each other -- December 1998 Empty Re: Being sister and brother means being there for each other -- December 1998

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:50 am

I smiled at him and leaned against the counter.  "Well, seeing as we know certain people won't be invited and definitely wouldn' tcome to begin with... but I was just wondering what you thought of everything," I started out.  Remus's opinion was always wanted with any of my big decisions.  He always had great advice.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:04 am

I pulled my sister into a hug.  "I am so happy for you, Des," I told her, smiling at her.  "Charlie is going to be one lucky man to have you as his wife."  Charlie seemed like such a great guy.  They stopped by for Christmas the past few years after visiting with his family.  He seemed to perfect for my lovely sister.  "But I'm guessing that there is a different thing on your mind, Desi... I can read you, remember?" I said, seeing the look in her eyes that there was something else there.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:09 am

I laughed and nodded.  Of course Remus was correct.  "Well, yeah, there actually is something else that I wanted to talk to you about," I agreed, still chuckling a little bit.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:17 am

I pulled out some cups to make us some tea.  We chatted about nothing in particular as I made us each a cup.  I knew she was stalling, but I was letting her.  She could easily take her time... I didn't mind at all.  I set her cup in front of her at the table and sat down.  "You know you can ask me anything," I told her, taking a sip.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:22 am

I took a sip of the tea and let it warm me.  Was I afraid to ask what I wanted to ask my brother?  No, not really.  But it was still kind of nerve racking.  And the tea really did calm me.  "I know," I said, smiling at Remus.  "I was just wondering if you would be ever so kind and perhaps walk me down the aisle and give me away?"  I looked into my brother's light colored eyes and waited for his answer.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:08 am

I smiled at my little sister.  I could not believe that she would ask me to do that.  "Of course I will," I said, standing up and giving my sister a hug.  "Why so nervous to ask me?" I asked her, sitting back down.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:17 am

I shrugged, not really sure myself.  "I don't know... I guess I was afraid you would say no," I told him, taking another sip of the warm tea.  It seemed to warm me from the inside out... even though I really was not entirely cold.  I was just so excited that things were finally starting to come together for me.  "But thank you so much, Remus... you have made me so happy!"  I leaned over and gave him another hug.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:31 am

I smiled and could not believe that she thought I would say no.  "I'm glad I could help," I said, finishing my tea.  It was late and I was sure that the kids were ready for bed... and if not, I definitely was.  "I'm sure you'll be up for awhile talking with Lucy in the bedroom... but I believe this old man is going to head off to bed," I told her, giving Desi a kiss on the head as I put our tea cups in the sink.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:44 am

I gave Remus another hug before he went off to bed.  I went to Lucy's bedroom where they made up for me and Lucy to share.  I walked in and saw Lucy in her pajamas looking at me expectantly.  I couldn't help but laugh.  "Oh Lucy... it was so amazing when Charlie proposed!" I said, keeping my voice down but practically squealing at the same time.  I got changed while Lucy pulled out some chocolate like we normally had to have when we started talking with each other like this.  It was just our thing.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:07 am

I could not wait to hear the details.  I tossed her some chocolate and sat at the edge of my bed.  "You have to give me all the details," I said, taking a piece of the chocolate and popping it into my mouth.  I bet it had been so romantically perfect.  I mean, Charlie was so awesome... he always had a good sense of humor when he came to visit.  I was nearly bouncing with anticipation for what she was going to be telling me.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:22 am

I laughed and took a piece of chocolate and chewed it before answering Lucy.  "Well, he had sent me flowers during the day at work," I said.  "I mean, he does do that randomly... but it just makes the story more special now that he had started something that early in the day.  He also told the clinic to let me have an extremely easy day at work, too."  I had finally gotten that out of him a couple days later and everyone at the clinic.  I knew now, obviously, why they had all acted so weird when I left work that day as well.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:35 am

"How sweet!" I said, smiling.  I could not believe how thoughtful Charlie had been to make the day easier for Desdemona.  "So how did he ask you?  Where did he get the ring?  It's gorgeous."  I could not believe how pretty the ring was.  And I needed ot know how he asked her.  I loved hearing these stories.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:58 am

I laughed and said, "The ring was his mum's.  He said his dad had given it to her on one of their anniversaries.  I thought that it was really sweet.  And I love the fact that it has a ruby with the diamonds... I'm not one for a lot of flash... and so it's just perfect."  Talking about it, I had to look back down at the ring and Lucy pulled my hand towards her to view it again.  We both looked at each other and giggled.  I pulled my hair into a pony to try to keep it out of my face.  I told her of that entire night about what happened.  I finished telling the story and I could not believe that Lucy did not interrupt at all.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next