Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero -- August 1985

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero -- August 1985 Empty Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero -- August 1985

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:58 am

I was going to try to get some time to myself... which was nearly impossible due to my six younger siblings.  Sometimes I hated being the eldest child... they always seemed to hunt me down.  I was glad that I was their role model and stuff, but sometimes I wish they would gravitate towards Percy or something.  I couldn't help but chuckle out loud when that thought crossed my mind.  There was no surprise they ignored percy the best they could.  I glanced around from my little hiding spot to see if anyone heard my little chortle.  I did not want to give away my hiding place.  I had told them I would play hide and seek... they should be the first to hide and then I would seek.  Well, it had been about an hour and it was so peaceful.  It was a couple of months until my fourteenth birthday and I wished that the kids would realize that I was not the best person in the world to be idolizing.  Charlie was going to be starting school here, too, so they should start bugging him.  I loved them to death... but they were kind of ridiculous sometimes.  I just wanted some peace before having to go back to school.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero -- August 1985 Empty Re: Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero -- August 1985

Post  Ron Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:10 am

I wondered if someone forgot to tell me if we were finished playing hide and seek or something.  I figured that I would try to find anyone... I could not find any of my siblings except of course my younger sister.  I hated being one of the younger kids... I wanted to be cool and big like Bill or Charlie.  I walked around and finally heard something.  It had to be one of my brothers.  I finally found Bill.  I walked up to him and kicked his boot.  "Hey!  I thought you were seeking!" I yelled, crossing my arms and glaring at my brother.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero -- August 1985 Empty Re: Sometimes being a brother is even better than being a superhero -- August 1985

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:13 am

I had not seen anyone when I checked... apparently Ron was still too short to see over some of the brush that had been keeping me hidden.  I felt him kick my boot and I looked at him and nearly laughed at the five-year-old's face.  "Ronnie... c'mon, man, let me be.  Go play with the twins or Ginny," I suggested.  They were all closer to his age anyways.  Why did he want to be around me so much?
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:16 am

I could not believe that Bill was being such a jerk to me!  I just wanted to hang out with my older brother!  "But I want to be with you, Bill," I said.  "And don't call me Ronnie."  I hated when Bill did hat.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:22 am

I propped myself up on my elbows.  "Just go bug off, Ronnie," I said, knowing how he hated me calling him that.  I wanted to make him leave me alone... so I was trying to get him to leave me alone.  I knew I was being a little cruel... but we all wanted our time to be by ourselves, right?  What was the harm in that?
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:32 am

Why did he have to be so mean?  Glaring at him, I stomped off.  I hated when Bill acted like that.  If he didn't want to play or anything, then I would find something to do by myself.  I started to walk by the creek and figured that I would skip rocks or something.  Well, at least try to anyways.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:54 am

When Ron stormed off, I felt bad.  I laid there for a little while then I could not hear Ron's footsteps anymore.  I sat up.  Silence is not a good sign in the Weasley household.  What was he doing?  I stood up and scanned the immediate area and could not see him.  I figured I shoul dprobably find him and apologize for being a prick.  I ran a hand through my hair and started to follow the small footsteps I saw in the dirt.  It looked like he was headed towards the creek.  He knows he is not allowed down there by himself.  I started to jog down that way and saw Ron standing in the middle up to his knees bending down to try to pick up rocks in the water.  I didn't want to startle him and make him lose his footing, I continued to make my way over to him.  I was a little afraid for my brother right now... he was too little to be out knee deep in water by himself.  And he knew that.  I was mentally kicking myself because I was sure I was the reason he went out there in the first place.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:11 am

I stood up from finding some rocks.  I heard something and spun around quickly thinking that it was Mum coming out to yell at me for being out in the creek.  When I did that, some of the stones beneath my feet shifted and I fell.  I saw Bill watching, running towards me... but I did not hear what he said.  I saw only blackness.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:30 am

"Ron!" I yelled, going into a sprint rather than a jog.  The creek wasn't deep or swift enough to carry him too far... but I saw him fall and he hit his head.  If he stayed down, he could potentially drown.  I went crashing through the water and had to get onto my knees to scoop my brother up into my arms.  I wish that I would not have been so selfish... I went up onto the long grass and laid him down.  I felt for a pulse and found one... but I could not tell if he was breathing.  "Ron?  Ron!" I yelled, smacking his cheeks and putting my hand over his mouth and beneath his nose to see if I could feel any breath.  I could not tell... so I was going to assume he was not.  I tilted his head back and blew air into his mouth a couple of times.  When he started coughing and water came sputtering out, I pulled him up into my arms.  "Don't do that to me ever again," I said, hugging his wet form.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:49 am

I was coughing and I could barely move.  "Gerroff!" I said, squirming in Bill's arms.  He loosened up his grip and pulled away.  I could not help but keep coughing.  My head was sore and when I felt it, it stung slightly.  When I looked at my fingers I saw some blood.  I looked back at my brother.  "Why'd you come after me?  I thought you didn't want me around," I said, backing away from him slightly so I could stand up and attempt to brush myself off.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:07 am

I deserved that one.  I really did... I sighed and ran my hand through my hair.  "Ron, don't be like that... I didn't mean to sound so mean before.  I just wanted some time for myself is all... and I did it all wrong," I told him.  I was hoping that that would be a good enough apology for my younger brother.  "When I didn't hear anything, I became concerned and I came to find you.  I didn't mean to startle you... but you weren't supposed to be in there.  I got worried and I saw you slip... Ron, you could have drowned!  Just don't scare me lik ethat again, alright?" I said to him, my arm resting on my knee as I looked over at him.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:16 am

I scared my big brother?  There was no way.  I laughed and shook my head, but stopped quickly since it hurt to do so.  "Nah, there is no way I scared you.  You're the toughest and strongest person I know... something like that did not scare you at all," I said, still smiling at the thought.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 am

I smiled at my brother and nodded.  "You did scare me... Ron, I need my little twerp following me around and making sure that I watch my every move so you have someone decent to look up to," I said.  I moved some of his hair away from where he had hit his head.  I could not believe that he had really hurt himself that badly.  "We should probably get you up to the house so Mum can patch you up," I told him.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:32 am

I did agree that I probably should have Mum patch me up.  I looked at my older brother and wondered how we would play this off.  "Er... do we have to tell her the truth?" I questioned.  I did not want to get yelled at by Mum and I was sure that Bill would probably get yelled at as well for not keeping a better eye on me.  I was a little worried.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:39 am

I was about to nod and tell him that we needed to but I thought better of it.  "We were in the creek trying to skip some rocks and you lost your footing," I said, expanding and tweaking the truth as I told Ron what to say.  "We're both wet because you did fall, but that was it.  We had a good laugh out of it and I'm wet because I bent down to try to catch you in time.  What else is there to say?" I winked at Ron and stood up, helping him stand.  I kept my arm around his hsoulder as we went up to the house.  He was walking slower than normal but that was probably due to him being dizzy and stuff.  I was trying to keep his walking straight so Mum wouldn't worry more than necessary.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next