Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blood Isn't always thicker than water -- Fall 1996

2 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Blood Isn't always thicker than water -- Fall 1996 Empty Blood Isn't always thicker than water -- Fall 1996

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:01 pm

I swear... if my father expected me to come home to him, he was mistaken.  He was crazy now.  I didn't know if it was due to losing Mum or if it was because he was just a psychopath.  I really didnt' care; I didn't want to know what his mind was thinking most of the time.  I sighed and sat down beneath a tree.  It was chilly out, but I really didn't care.  I hadn't had time to mourn my mother... I hadn't had time to do anything, really.  I had just wanted to get away from him.  I got to see Lucy - which was fantastic - but what I needed was my sister.  She knew me better than anyone right now.  Lucy only knew me for a summer pretty much.  And we had to sneak around... I didn't want to worry about that right now.  I just wish that Steph knew I needed her to find me; I didn't feel like getting back up.  Somehow -- though we weren't related by blood or anything -- she always knew when I needed her and vice versa.  It was jjust how we rolled.  I leaned my head against the bark of the tree and closed my eyes.  I didn't want to cry out in public, but when did my world really start tumbling down?  I knew this day would come.  I knew Mum had fought for so long... she had told me that she wanted to make it to see me graduate.  Not necessarily because she wanted to see that, but because she knew I could escape.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Blood Isn't always thicker than water -- Fall 1996 Empty Re: Blood Isn't always thicker than water -- Fall 1996

Post  Stephanie Moon Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:08 pm

I knew Ayden was back... I just couldn't find him at all.  I was sure something was bothering him when he wasn't even in one of his favorite spots.  I had pulled on a cloak and scarf and headed outside; the one sure place not many people were, so I figured Ayden had to be out there to get some peace and quiet at least.  It took me only a little while before I spotted him beneath a tree near the lake.  Why did he have to be outdoors?  It was chilly and I knew that I would be frozen before he decided to come inside.  But I would suck it up because my best friend needed me.  I made my way towards him and sat down beside him and pulled him close so his head rested on my shoulder.  "Ayden, I am so sorry... I should have been there with you," I told him quietly, speaking of his mother's funeral.  I had met her before.  Even though she was weak and sick, she had been a lovely person.  We made sure that his father wasn't around... neither one of us wanted him to see me.  We knew that might cause some issues.
Stephanie Moon
Stephanie Moon

Back to top Go down

Blood Isn't always thicker than water -- Fall 1996 Empty Re: Blood Isn't always thicker than water -- Fall 1996

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:20 pm

I didn't even have to open my eyes to know who it was. Not that anyone else would do what Stephanie just did anyways. "Steph... he didn't even do anything," I said, pulling away to look at her. "No service... nothing. I am honestly surprised he did something as nice as getting her the tombstone he had." I couldn't believe my father; I knew he was heartless; I knew he was a monster, but this was something else entirely. "I... I guess I just don't realize or understand why they were ever married. I know that means I wouldn't be here; but then she could have been happy. Instead she had to worry about me and everything." I sighed and pushed my hair out of my eyes.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Moon Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:28 pm

There was nothing I could do but let Ayden rant.  I could easily believe that he had no idea why his mum was with his father.  I mean, it was hard for me to tell as an outsider.  "Why did it take you so long to come back to scool?  You missed a few weeks," I questioned.  I had a feeling it had more to do with his dad than his mother's passing.
Stephanie Moon
Stephanie Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:34 pm

I rolled my eyes. "Why do you think? He's one that doesnt' think education is worth anything. He thinks it's all about being what he is." I sighed and looked at Steph. "I am pretty sure if I didn't run from home when I did to get here... I would be like him by now. He's not going to stop until he succeeds. I know this. he knows this. I'm pretty sure everyone knows it. And I think we all know at one point or another... I'm going to cave," I admitted. I wasn't going to be able to outlast my father with this one. When he wanted something, he normally got it.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Moon Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:36 pm

I shook my head and put a hand on Ayden's shoulder.  "No, don't say that," I said.  I knew how Ayden always had this dark cloud about him whenever he thought about his father and what he wanted to do to his son.  "You're stronger than you think, Ayden.  You won't cave... and you won't have to even think about it.  There are places you can go to stay away from him."  I knew he wouldn't be able to stay with me and my family for long... but it would be long enough to at least try to figure out another move.
Stephanie Moon
Stephanie Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:39 pm

I was glad someone had confidence in me. "Stephanie, at one point or another, he will figure out a way for me to come. And I fear it will be due to the fact that he uses either you or Lucy against me. There is no way I would let him harm either one of you... and he knows this. He has basically flat out threatened me about Lucy already. I'm sure he knows about you; he's not as clueless as I like to believe," I explained, trying to get her to see my point. "He will use one of you against me and he knows that I won't let anything happen to you two. He will get his way in some way, shape, or form." My father was a monster; he had no boundaries or limitations. He would use everything at his disposal, even if it meant disposing of someone's life.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Moon Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:42 pm

I sighed, knowing that Ayden was probably correct.  "Ayden... at least you don't have to think about your next move quite yet.  You have the entire schoolyear to figure something out," I said, squeezing his hand and smiling at him.  I was trying to lighten his mood.  I didn't like seeing the dark shadows under his eyes and the worry that was in them.  Normally I saw a light in there... not now.  Now all I saw was a darkness that I was sure his father would be pleased to see.  What Ayden needed was for the light to be put back... or he wouldn' thave a chance against Fenrir.  Even I knew that.  I didn't quite understand it, but Fenrir had a way to get Ayden doubting himself.  He got his son to think less of himself and to believe that he was no good... that he could become a monster just as easily as his father did.  I tried to get him to believe that he wouldn't be able to.  That was why I was happy that he started seeing Lucy.  I just wish that it didn' thave to be a secret because I think it would help so much more if it wasn't.  Though I understood the reasons behidn why it was.
Stephanie Moon
Stephanie Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:43 pm

I smiled slightly. I was glad that I had two women in my life who always tried to look at the brighter side of things. "Steph... I love you," I said, knocking my shoulder against hers. She was so great. I turned to look at her slightly so she could see that she at least put a partial smile on my face.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Moon Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:45 pm

Aha, there it was.  I saw a little flash anyways.  I wrapped my arms around him.  "See?  Was it so hard to give me just a little smile?" I teased.  I kissed his cheek and pulled away.  "And I suppose I have to love you... you're my brother."  I scrambled out of his reach as he went to playfully punch me.
Stephanie Moon
Stephanie Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:48 pm

"You are such a pain, Miss Moon," I said, shaking my head at her. "Just remember we chose to be family... so as much as it may pain you to say it, you know you love me. You don't have to; you want to." We always made all sorts of jokes about how close we were to each other. Some people said that we were dating and stuff. But we weren't. I know that sometimes we probably seemed weird to others due to the fact that we weren't like the real family dynamic of not hugging and not touching and stuff... but since we were chosen family members, we were totally comfortable doing that. Really, she was all the family I had left. There was no doubt about that.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Moon Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:49 pm

I rolled my eyes and stuck my tongue out at him.  He was right, of course.  But that didnt' mean I had to admit it.  "Whatever, Ayden.  Now, I'm freezing... how can you be comfortable out here?" I asked him, rubbing my arms to make my point.
Stephanie Moon
Stephanie Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:48 am

I rolled my eyes and sighed, being dramatic.  "I have werewolf blood in me... I can't help but not feel the cold that much," I explained, standing up.  I offered my hand to her.  "Let's head inside if you're so bloody cold out here."  Yes, I was being a playful ass.
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Moon Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:57 am

Sometimes I just wanted to hit him.  I rolled my eyes but took hi hand to help me stand up.  "Thanks," I said, even though it was a little sarcastic just because he was being a pain.
Stephanie Moon
Stephanie Moon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayden Greyback Sat Jul 26, 2014 8:30 am

I grinned at her.  "Not a problem," I said, laughing.  Once we were back in the entrance hall, I looked over at Stephanie.  "Would you like to stop in the Great Hall and grab a cup of hot chocolate or something?  I'm sure there's some on the tables... they always have things."
Ayden Greyback
Ayden Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next