Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not Much Time -- November 1979

+2
Ember Potter Black
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
6 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Not Much Time -- November 1979 Empty Not Much Time -- November 1979

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:52 am

I hoped that the kids would get here quickly, and that included the "adopted" ones.  I held onto Ryan's hand.  Tears were in my eyes.  I didn't know how much longer he could hold on.  I didn't want him to leave before being able to say goodbye to our children.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Not Much Time -- November 1979 Empty Re: Not Much Time -- November 1979

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:05 am

I reached St. Mungo's and found my father's room. Tears were blurring my sight. I rushed in and was slightly out of breath since I was a few months along. "Mum," I said, putting my hand atop of hers and burying my head in her shoulder and let the tears roll down.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:19 am

I asked the front desk where Ryan Potter was and hurried to the room. I saw Mum and Ember sitting there by dad... my dad... in a hospital bed looking pitiful. "Is he...?" I choked up adn couldn't finish the question. It was hard to tell what was going on...
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:22 am

I was hugging my daughter when James walked in. "Honey, he's still here," I told him. I let go of his hand and let them get closer to their father. "Here... you need to say goodbye... there's not much time I don't think..." I sniffled at the thought of losing my only one.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:24 am

I had my hand on Ember's shoulder. "Dad...? I don't know if you can hear me... but..." A sob broke through my hard core. "But dad... I love you... I need you here... Dad..." I knelt down by the side of the bed and held my father's hand and brought it close to my cheek so I could feel his comfort.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:30 am

I couldn't believe this... James hardly ever broke down. I had tears pouring down my face. "Daddy... I... Daddy, I love you," I said. That was all I could get out before not being able to talk at all. I couldnl't believe this day was here... Why did this have to happen now? Before he could meet his grandchild?
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:36 am

I hugged my sister and pulled my mum to our sides. "Mum... what's going on? Why....?"I couldn't keep the tears from my eyes... my voice. I couldn't handle this world without Dad. He was always there... always. He had my back when I got in trouble... he had my back even when he was the one yelling at me. He didn't get too mad at me. Ever. And... and he talked ot me about everything... he was almost like one of the guys...
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryan and Tabatha Potter Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:42 am

I hugged my children. "I-I don't know. They've said so much... it's just time, I guess,' I said. I was very surprised by how calm I was sounding to myself. I didn't know if that was the way that I sounded to my children.
Ryan and Tabatha Potter
Ryan and Tabatha Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:59 am

We sat there for what felt like hours, just in the quiet. Each of us taking turns being closest to Dad. Mum left the room a little bit. I had to go get some coffee or something. "Em... I'm gonna get coffee and find Mum. Hold down the fort?" I hated to leave him... but I oculdn't just stay here and watch him go, either.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:11 pm

I nodded, but couldn't say anything. I thought I heard voices out in the hallway of the others. Maybe they were here and were letting us say goodbye to Dad... I don't know. I felt the baby kick a little bit and grabbed Daddy's hand and put it on my stomach. "See, Daddy? Even my baby wants to say goodbye... he loves you already," I said with a watery smile.

I looked up at my dad and saw his eyes open slightly. "Daddy?" I asked. I felt his hand move a little on my stomach and I heard a soft voice say, "Love you baby girl..." And then all I heard was a steady beep that had been beeping along with my father's heart. Now it was flat... All I heard was that noise. I jumped up and grabbed my father. "Daddy?! Daddy, no!" I said, unsure if I was yelling or just saying it in my head. All I could see was him. I was sitting on the edge of the bed and had my head down on his chest, sobbing. I felt someone's hands on my shoulders... unsure who they belonged to, but I wouldn't move. I just couldn't leave him there.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:14 pm

I dropped my coffee cup and ran back to the room when I felt my stomach drop. Something was wrong... I didn't know why anyone wasn't doing anything. They were just standing there talking. But I had to get to Ember. I burst through the door and I heard the steady beep of a flat line. I rushed to Dad's other side and nearly collapsed and I put my head on the bed and my hand on Ember's shoulder. I didn't even care about being strong... I just lost my Dad... my Dad...
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:56 pm

I saw James drop his coffee and then I heard the noise. I don't know how he knew before I did when there was no sound... nothing. The wolf normally picks that stuff up quickly for me. I grabbed Mrs. Potter before she could hit the floor since she just seemed to get weak as she burst into tears. I sank to the floor with her as she sobbed into my shoulder. I looked at everyone else and saw Lily and Sirius rush into the room to be with James and Ember. I saw Chloe looking torn as to where to go. I tried to let her know she could go in with the others... I was able to be there for Mrs. Potter.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sirius Black Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:09 pm

I ran in the room right behind lily, not really realizing what was going on. Then heard the flat line of mr. P. I couldn't believe it. He left us....I rushed behind ember and prongs and I just put my arms around them. Not wanting to really believe it I hugged them both as the sobbed into lily and myself. Ryan potter has left us.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:13 pm

I sat up and leaned into Sirius. With a hand on James' shoulder I said, "James... I'm sorry... I didn't realize what was happening until it happened... I would've called you in sooner." Did I even call him? I couldn't remember. Finally the healers had come in and turned off the machine... but that was all I could hear still.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 pm

Running into the room, tears on my face as I rushed to my husband. Pulling him into the tightest hug possible. I just repeated myself, " shhh..im right here...shhhhh. "
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

https://eramarauders.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next