Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True mates are difficiult to find -- TBD

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

True mates are difficiult to find -- TBD Empty True mates are difficiult to find -- TBD

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:30 am

It had been a very interesting start of term.  There was quite a bit that we were starting already -- I was just happy that it was the weekend.  After changing into some more comfortable clothes rather than the school robes, I sat down next to someone I did not know.  Well, in fact, I barely knew anyone yet.  I smiled at her a bit nervously.  "Do you mind if I sit here?  Or are some other mates joining you?" I asked her.  I did not want to be rude by any means.  My older brother taught me to be outgoing, but not obnoxious despite how he personally behaved.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

True mates are difficiult to find -- TBD Empty Re: True mates are difficiult to find -- TBD

Post  Pru Young Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:51 pm

So many thoughts were running through my head. It was a start of another term and nothing seemed to be going well. I had an issue with actually keeping friends. I honestly don't know what it was. I guess I was still so used to it being just me and my brother, well and my parents before they were gone. It was years ago now but it still really bugged me. I hated that I didn't know why my dad had done it. They were so happy.

But anyways... I couldn't let my brain go there. I needed to work on the whole friends thing. Just as that thought ran through my head, some girl sat next to me. "Sure." I said with a meek smile. "I don't have and mates to join me." I let out an awkward laugh. Why had I said that?
Pru Young
Pru Young

Back to top Go down

True mates are difficiult to find -- TBD Empty Re: True mates are difficiult to find -- TBD

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:44 am

I smiled slightly and shook my head.  "I understand," I said to her.  "Sometimes mates are overrated," I joked.  I was not entirely sure if that was appropriate to say or not, but hopefully it would make her feel better.  "I'm Maggie, by the way."
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Pru Young Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:13 pm

"More like all the time." I said with a laugh. Ok not so much a laugh as an awkward noise that came from my mouth.

"Pru." I said introducing myself. I was always a little hesitant about meeting new people. I didn't know what secret agenda or secrets in general they were keeping. I was trusting to a flaw though. For me, it was innocent until proven guilty. I pretty much liked everyone unless they gave me a reason not to.

"So what are you up to today?" Needless to say, I was very bad at small talk.
Pru Young
Pru Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:25 pm

I shook my head and shrugged.  "Not much, really.  I just want to avoid doing homework for as long as possible," I said to her, smiling a bit.  I was not sure if Pru wanted to actually talk or if she thought I was bothering her.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Pru Young Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:35 am

"Fair enough." I said. "It is funny when I first got to Hogwarts I was always real eager to do homework. I mean it's magic and well I didn't even know it existed." I paused for a spit second awkwardly because of how I found out that magic existed. I found out when my dad killed my mom and well that just wasn't small talk kind of conversation. "Well when I found out and then after a month it was just like okay this is homework. Leave it up to professors to take the magic out of magic huh?"
Pru Young
Pru Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:56 pm

I laughed and nodded.  "I totally understand!  I'm Muggle-born so I am the only one in my family who has magic," I explained.  "But I know... homework is just merely homework whether it's literature or Potions."  I shook my head, sighing.  "But I'd still take Hogwarts over any other boarding school."
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Pru Young Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:22 pm

"I didn't know till I was ten that my father was a wizard so before that I didn't know it existed. I am the only other magical person in my family though and that I didn't even know til I got my letter. My brother is a squib or I guess half squib. Not really sure how that works."

I nodded in agreement. Homework, no matter what just wasn't fun. "Oh totally. I doubt I would have gone to a boarding school if Hogwarts hadn't sent me a letter though."
Pru Young
Pru Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:39 pm

I thought about that for a moment.  "You know... I'm not sure how the whole squib thing works, either," I said to her honestly.  I chuckled and had to agree with Pru.  "Oh, yeah, I know.  Boarding school would have been so out of the question," I added.  I was surprised that this seemed to be decently easy to talk to Pru.  I was actually happy it was going well, though.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Pru Young Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:58 pm

"Right? And is it related to muggle borns? Like did they have a squid in their line and a recessive magical gene? Because It has to be genetic right or it wouldn't get passed down to kids." I had always been curious about it. I wondered if the magical world did genetics research.

"I'm always curious what my life would be like if I wasn't a witch." I was always curious if I would still have my parents if it weren't for magic.
Pru Young
Pru Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:50 am

I was so happy that I was not the only one who thought of things like that.  "Oh, I know.  I wonder if anyone ever really looked into it before," I said furrowing my brow slightly.  "Might be an interesting branch of magic to know about anyways."

I leaned back and got a bit more comfortable in the chair when she mentioned not having magic.  "It'd probably be pretty boring," I mused.  "I mean, not if you never even found out about magic -- because then it'd probably be normal or cool or something.  But since we have the comparison, I almost think it'd be really boring."
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Pru Young Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:18 am

"Right? I wonder if anyone will ever study it or if Muggles, well besides families and such, will ever know that the wizarding world exists.  I wonder what would happen." I said. Which kind of got me thinking. If muggles knew would being a pure blood prat still be a thing? I figured that it would still exist just like racism and sexism but I guess it was a little different because witches and wizards do have more power then muggles but it doesn't matter if they are pureblooded or half blooded or a muggle born.

"I agree. Although like you said how would we even know that we were missing out?" It was kind of a good thing though then people couldn't get jealous.

"Do you have any siblings?" I just asked it because of a random chain of thought that I was having.
Pru Young
Pru Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:23 pm

This was a very interesting train of thought Pru and I seemed to be happy.  I was just glad that I was not alone in thinking in this.  I was startled by her sudden question at first.  "Oh, I have an older brother," I said to her.  "We're super close... really the only reason why I go home during the summers..." I trailed off, wondering if I was going way to far into my details.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Pru Young Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:20 am

"I have an older brother too. We are really close together. He's all I got." I regretted it as soon as it came out of my mouth. Would that lead to more questions? Why did I say he was all that I had? I mean it's true but still... why did I say that?
Pru Young
Pru Young

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:54 am

I nodded at Pru spoke.  "Oh, I'm sorry to hear that... but at least you've got him, still, right?" I said when she mentioned about it being only her and her brother.  I bit my lip, wondering if I should give into my curiosity or not.  "Is it just because he's basically the only one who understands you or...?" I asked, trailing off.  I did not want to flat out say that her parents might be dead.  "My brother is that close to me because my parents aren't exactly supportive of me being magical."  I wondered if I gave a bit more details it would not make the whole thing awkward or anything.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next