Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Once upon a time, this place was beautiful and mine -- 2017?

2 posters

Go down

Once upon a time, this place was beautiful and mine -- 2017? Empty Once upon a time, this place was beautiful and mine -- 2017?

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:22 am

It was after the incident upon the Astronomy Tower and I knew that Professor Lupin did not believe me with what had happened.  He was still working on speaking with Greyback about everything.  he would find out that I lied about ti being her.  I just had no idea what to even do... my brother was gone and my family practically hated me.  They thought I was a freak.  I never realized how much he kept them under control until now...

I was always shaking now.  I was a nervous wreck.  I could not believe that I had let it spiral out of control that badly... but what else could I do?  I had been being strong for everyone... but I was so tired of acting like everything was okay.  I was tired of smiling all the time and being happy-go-lucky.  I tried to always be okay for Jake and everyone else.  I knew they needed me to be okay.  They would not understand what I was going through.  The family life...

I jumped when someone sat down next to me; I startled easily as well nowadays.  It was only Professor Lupin.  Merlin, it was only Professor Lupin!  I bit my lip and looked at him.  "Yes, Professor?" I asked, my voice sounding tired and unlike myself.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Once upon a time, this place was beautiful and mine -- 2017? Empty Re: Once upon a time, this place was beautiful and mine -- 2017?

Post  Remus Lupin Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:43 pm

I pulled a chocolate bar out and handed it to her, opening one for myself.  "Maggie, how are you feeling?" I asked her, breaking a piece off and popping it into my mouth casually.  She was staring at me like I had gone mental and I smiled warmly at her.  "Eat it; it'll help."

Since I spoke to her and Jake about what happened on the Tower, i had been watching Maggie.  I had noticed beforehand that she seemed a little down and I figured it had to do with the news of her brother.  But I could easily recognize the despair after what happened on the tower.  For some reason, though, I did not believe her story.  And I had not even talked to Wilhelmina yet.  I recognized that look; I used to get it from time to time.  Especially the days following me leaving my mother behind to protect her.  It was something that could overwhelm a person if they did not have someone they felt they could talk to.  It was a struggle.  It was a fight every single day to choose to be happy and to choose to overcome the despair and darkness that threatened to overwhelm you.  I understood that all too well.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Once upon a time, this place was beautiful and mine -- 2017? Empty Re: Once upon a time, this place was beautiful and mine -- 2017?

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:50 pm

"thank you, sir," I said to him quietly, starting to eat the chocolate.  I stared at my shoes, though, instead of answering him for the longest of times.  He stayed silent, just sitting there... waiting.  I knew that he was the kindest man out there; but how could i confide in him something like this?  

"I-I'm fine," I lied when I realized that I should probably give him some sort of answer.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:14 pm

I shook my head at her.  "You are not fine, Maggie," I said to her quietly.  "I can see it in your eyes... You are not handling the loss of your brother well, are you?" I figured I would try to start somewhere with her.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:22 pm

I looked up at the headmaster, surprised that he was taking such an interest.  I shrugged at him. "It's not just losing him..." I muttered, looking down at my feet.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:16 pm

I watched her keenly and it was obvious that there was more than just her brother's death even if she had not said anything of the sort.  "Why don't you tell me about it?" I suggested.  "I could be able to help you through things."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:10 pm

I could not believe that Professor Lupin wanted to just talk about non-school things.  I shrugged, not entirely sure.  "Erm... I dont' even know where to begin, honestly," I said to him with sincerity.
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:56 pm

I looked at her and tried to be as gentle as possible.  "How about the beginning?" I suggested.  "Why don't we head towards my office?  Would you feel more comfortable there?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie O'Donoghue Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:01 am

I shrugged at the headmaster.  I was not sure if I would be comfortable speaking about any of this to anyone.  I stood up and let him start leading us towards his office nonetheless.  At least it would be more private if nothing else.  "I just... my parents don't even like me if it werent' for my brother," I said to him suddenly.  "And now that he's gone... I don't know what will happen when I go home."
Maggie O'Donoghue
Maggie O'Donoghue

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:54 am

I listened to her and took a deep breath.  "There are always other options," I said to her quietly. "I can help you find somewhere to be that won't be horrible for you to stay while not at school."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down