Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The lion sleeps tonight -- 1980

Go down

The lion sleeps tonight -- 1980 Empty The lion sleeps tonight -- 1980

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:02 am

This was one of the first nights I had been home since going underground with Greyback and the other werewolves for the Order and on Dumbledore's orders.  I told Chloe that I would take over watching William so she could get a good night's sleep -- something she probably had not gotten for awhile.  Though, in all honesty, I wondered if she trusted me with our son... I had been embracing my animal side more often than not these days.  And I was rather nervous myself being back in a domesticated setting after having been with Greyback and the - erm - pack for months without coming home.

Will had been fussing and it was well past midnight and I could not get him to fall asleep.  I tried to feed him already, changed his diaper, and went through my arsenal of baby songs.  I was at my wit's end... and the wolf inside of me was getting frustrated -- hell, the wolf was frustrated the first wailing cry that Will made.  But at the same time the wolf was protective, knowing that Will was the member of my pack.  

"Oh-wim-oh-weh, oh-wim-oh-weh, oh-wim-oh-weh... In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight," I sang softly, remembering this Muggle movie Lily made us watch and the guys literally sang it to me for months afterwards because they thought it was funny.  "Oh, in the jungle, the quiet jungle, the lion sleeps tonight."

I was surprised to find that it was sort of working.  Or perhaps it was my imagination.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down