Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just because you're not blood, doesn't mean you aren't family -- 1999

2 posters

Go down

Just because you're not blood, doesn't mean you aren't family -- 1999 Empty Just because you're not blood, doesn't mean you aren't family -- 1999

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:14 am

I heard the ever familiar whoosh of the fireplace and a light tap -- someone was seeing if it was okay to be there.  I walked into the living room and saw Lincoln standing there.  I grinned at him.  "Linc!  Come on in," I said to him, knowing that Grandpa John's little cottage was now mine and Ayden's -- whether Dad really wanted it to be ours or not, Mum said it was fine.

"How are things?" I asked.  He had been out of school for two years - I just left this year.  Things were, well, getting better in the world again after Harry had defeated Voldemort the last Christmas.  I knew that things were kind of hard for him and Juniper -- they lost a child.  I was just so worried about my adoptive brother.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Just because you're not blood, doesn't mean you aren't family -- 1999 Empty Re: Just because you're not blood, doesn't mean you aren't family -- 1999

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:05 am

I looked at Lucy and smiled, glad that she resisted the urge to give me a hug.  I could see it in her eyes that she wanted to.  I sighed and opened my arms.  Only my family could touch me -- and, let's face it, the Lupins were the best I had.  We only embraced shortly before letting go.

"Everything is... going," I said to her following her to the kitchen where I knew that she was going to be making a pot of tea.  "I've been doing some research, actually.  About, well, about my family."  I leaned against the counter as I spoke, watching Lucy.  If any of this was news, she seemed not to be shocked by any of it.  "About my birth mum... because thankfully I'm not blood related to the Carrows."

She did stiffen slightly at that name.  I mentally kicked myself because my dear Uncle Amycus did some damage to her during the last battle.  "Lu, sorry," I said quickly.  "That was crass of me."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Just because you're not blood, doesn't mean you aren't family -- 1999 Empty Re: Just because you're not blood, doesn't mean you aren't family -- 1999

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:29 am

I gave him a half smile and shook my head.  "There's no need to apologize," I assured him.  "We can't tiptoe around everything that happened last year forever."  I put a mug of tea in front of him.  "I am, however, grateful you're not blood related to them... I may have had to apologize for some things that I said."  

We chuckled slightly at that and I took a sip of tea.  "what did you find out?" I questioned, figuring that he had come here to talk.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:00 pm

I sighed.  "Well, I am pretty sure I'm related to Slughorn," I said to her, unsure if she would remember who he was.  She only had him for a year.  "I'm just waiting to see when he wants to meet.  and if it is him... I don't know what I'll do..."  I just needed to talk to someone about this.  I mean, I had June, but so much was going on in our lives... I did not want to put much more on her until I knew for sure.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:28 pm

I nodded and looked at Lincoln.  "You know what you'll do already," I said to him quietly.  "It's why you are looking into everything in the first place."  I knew that Lincoln was just weary and possibly even scared to go down this road, but he had to know his history.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:16 pm

Lucy had a point.  "ah, well... when you put it that way," I said to her, shaking my head.  "I know I want to know and see where it leads me... but I just don't want it to change anything."  I loved the Lupins and appreciated everything they did for me.  I did not want them to think that I did not feel that way merely because I wanted to know my ancestry.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:14 am

I looked at Lincoln and shook my head slightly.  "What makes you think anything will change?" I questioned.  "You're a part of this family and we want you to be happy -- and nothing will change any aspect of that."
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:27 pm

I was surprised by her answer; however, I was rather relieved that Lucy said that.  Nothing will change.  That was all I needed to hear.  "I kenw talking to you would be a good idea,' I said, chuckling slighlty.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:57 am

I smiled at my adoptive brother.  "Of course I'm the most brilliant for you to talk to," I assured him.  "I am very good at easing worries... I have to do it all the time with Ayden."  I was very good at easing worries.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:47 pm

I chuckled, shaking my head.  "I am sure you are," I agreed.  I knew better than to argue with Lucy most of the time.  "I just don't know what is going to happen.  I'll probably just hit dead ends."  I wanted answers.  I wanted to knwo where I came from and why they never tried to get me.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down