Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All magic comes with a price -- Early 1986?

3 posters

Go down

All magic comes with a price -- Early 1986? Empty All magic comes with a price -- Early 1986?

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:52 am

Draco, Father and I were all sitting at the table, working on our exercises Father had given us. I had already finished mine and Father was helping Draco complete his. To keep me busy, he had given me a puzzle to work on, one that when it was put together, was in the shape of a dragon and had the names of the different types of dragons on it next to their pictures. It was a hard puzzle, especially for a five-year-old, and I was getting frustrated, but I knew better then to ask Father for a different one. After attempting to fit together another set of wrong piece, though, I had had enough though. I grunted as I pushed the pieces of the puzzle that were in front of me out of the way. It wasn't just those pieces that moved though, every piece of the puzzle, including the box it had been in, flew off the other side of the table and only stopped when it hit the far wall and fell with a thud to the floor. My eyes widened as I turned to my brother and Father. A smile lit up my face.

"Father, Draco, did you see that? I did magic!" I knew better than to interrupt them but not only was I sure they heard the noise of the puzzle hitting the floor, but I wanted Father to see I had done magic. He would be so proud of me!
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

All magic comes with a price -- Early 1986? Empty Re: All magic comes with a price -- Early 1986?

Post  Draco Malfoy Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:31 am

I looked up when some pieces of June's puzzle went flying.  I grinned at her and when she spoke, I stood up, but I knew better than to show more excitement than that.  Father did not look too pleased, so I figured I should not do anything else.  "June!  You really did it!" I said, surprised.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

All magic comes with a price -- Early 1986? Empty Re: All magic comes with a price -- Early 1986?

Post  Lucius Malfoy Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:29 am

I could not believe what I had just seen.  Juniper performed magic?  Before Draco?  I stared at her.  I was not entirely sure if I wanted to congratulate her or scold her.  It was not her fault... but this was not the way it was supposed to happen.  "Yes," I said, my voice sounding cold.  "You did just perform magic."
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:33 pm

My smile faltered slightly when Father spoke. I wasn't sure if he was happy that I did magic or angry that I interrupted Draco's work, it was always so hard to tell when he used that tone. I stood, smoothed out the bottom of my dress, and placed my hands at my sides, straightening my back. Father wanted Draco and I to have good posture. "I'm sorry I interrupted you and Draco Father." I said as properly and politely as I could. "I will clean up the mess while you two finish." I slowly walked over to the scattered pieced and began putting them back into the box.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:19 am

That was when I stood up and put a hand on Juniper's shoulder.  "Wait," I said to her.  "Father, it's alright she interrupted.  That was amazing... she just did magic!" I said.  I was tryingto be polite, but I did not want this to be pushed aside because it was important.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:09 pm

I looked at Draco, my eyes flashing at him.  "She will be needing to clean the mess up," I said.  "But why did you not try to do magic?"  I wanted Draco to be the best; not Juniper.  I wanted an heir... not an heiress who broke everything she touched.

<< Haha, sorry.  I kind of am funneling Bobby Singer's dad from Supernatural... I thought perhaps that is something Lucius could say:  You break everything you touch. lol >>
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:17 pm

I looked between Father and Draco and decided to speak up. "But Father, I did not really try to do magic. I was just getting frustrated with the puzzle because I could not put it together correctly and was pushing it away from myself when it flew off the table." The look Father gave me made me wish I had never opened my mouth or done magic to begin with. I took a shaky breath and tuned to my twin with a forced smile. "It's okay Draco, really. I'll clean this up while you and Father finish your work and by the time you are done, I'll be finished too." I didn't want Draco to get in trouble for not finishing his work so before he or Father could say anything else, I knelt down and began gathering the scattered pieces of the puzzle.

<<you know I'm down with Supernatural references! Smile >>
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:33 pm

I did not quite understand why Father was so angry.  "Father... I always try to do magic," I said to him honestly.  I wanted to impress him and make him love me -- and Juniper.  I thought this would be a great way for him to finally love us... but it was turning into more of the same.

<< Kinda deep for a small kid, but oh well.  But yeah... I think that'll be Lucius's mantra for June, then!  Very Happy >>
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucius Malfoy Mon Jan 04, 2016 1:16 pm

"Hush, Draco," I scolded my son.  I did not move nor let Draco move to help Juniper clean up the mess she had made.  My son was to be the brilliant one -- not her.  Not the one I never wanted.
Lucius Malfoy
Lucius Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down