Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes -- Winter 1986 (DONE)

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes -- Winter 1986 (DONE) Empty I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes -- Winter 1986 (DONE)

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:39 am

Austin and I were running around playing dragon and dragon keeper inside the house.  It was very cold outside and we could hear the wind whipping against the windows.  We were trying to be quiet so we would not get in trouble.  Austin would just get scolded, but I would be so much worse off, but that was okay.  I never wanted my little brother to get injured.

Last edited by Lincoln Matthews on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes -- Winter 1986 (DONE) Empty Re: I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes -- Winter 1986 (DONE)

Post  The Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:40 am

Austin ran up to his big brother, nearly tackling him.  Laughing, he ran away.  "C'mon Linc!  Come get me!  ROAR!" he yelled, imitating a dragon.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes -- Winter 1986 (DONE) Empty Re: I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes -- Winter 1986 (DONE)

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:40 am

I wanted Austin to quiet down, but his laugh always got me going.  Grinning, I ran up the stairs after him.  "I'll get you," I warned, holding the fake sword we made, swishing it through the air.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:41 am

Genevieve set down her quill angrily when she heard the boys yelling.  Looking towards her husband, she said, "Fix the problem before I do."

Riley actually did not think there was any problem wtih the way the boys were playing, but he did not want Genevieve to get involved.  "They're simply playing, my dear," he pointed out to her.  The look he received made him stand up to go scold the children.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:42 am

I charged at my brother while he roared at me again and ran towards me.  We tackled each other, laughing as we fell to the hardwood floors.  That kind of hurt, but it did not really matter to me.  I was actually having fun -- but I always had fun with my little brother.  He made everything I went through worth going through.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:43 am

Austin stopped giggling when he looked over his brother's shoulder and saw their father walking towards them.  "Linc," he said quietly, scrambling to stand up.  Poor Austin always hated when they got in trouble, it always meant that Linc would get hurt.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:44 am

I stopped laughign the instant the floor creaked behind me.  I stood up, staying between Austin and Father.  I protected him as much as possible.  "I'm sorry, Father," I told him quickly.  "Were we too loud?  WE'll keep it down."  I really hoped that would be enough, but I knew better.  She was home and that meant no leniency that I sometimes got when it was just Father home.  That was rare in itself anyways, let alone now.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:45 am

Riley stared his sons down.  If Lincoln behaved, he could get away with just a yell.  But the boy sometimes tried to defend himself and it always made things worse because Riley did have a bit of a temper.  "You both can go to your rooms.  Enough with all of this nonsense!  We're trying to get work done," he scolded.

Austin stepped forward slightly.  "Can't you play with us, too?  Why do you always have to work?" he asked quietly.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:46 am

I wished Austin would let me take care of this.  I did not want my brother to get yelled at.  I saw it coming -- it was written on Father's face.  "Austin, please, be quiet," I said in a soft voice.  I braced myself because I kenw things were going to get bad.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:47 am

Riley stared down at his sons.  "It would do you well to realize that the real world isn't about fun, boys," I said coldly.  "Perhaps you both need to grow up.  Now... off to your rooms."

Austin hung his head.  He started the other way towards his bedroom, sniffling.  He was just a child.  He did not know any better.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:48 am

I heard Austin start to cry and glared at our father.  "You couldn't just be mean to me," I snapped angrily.  "You could at least act like you loved him; he's just a kid."  I realized when I said that I was just a kid, too.  But my childhood got stolen from me, though that was fine.  I wanted to keep Austin safe.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:48 am

Riley raised his eyebrows at Lincoln, along with his hand.  It came down and hit his son's cheek, hard.  "You will do as you're told -- without another word," he said, taking Lincoln by the scruff of his neck and roughly pushing him toward the stairs as his bedroom was on the first floor away from Austin's.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:50 am

My knees hit the floor roughly when Father pushed me.  The hit on the cheek I was prepared for, not the shove.  It had sent pain up my legs and I winced, though I made no sound.  I did not want to give him the satisfaction.  I shakily stood up and turned to face my father when another blow hit me, making me fall again.  Here came the beating.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  The Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:50 am

Austin was just going to listen and go to his room, but how could he leave Linc alone?  He might not be able to get their dad to stop, but he could help Linc feel better afterwards.  Austin ran back to aid his brother.  He stood in front of him, finally being able to protect Lincoln for a change.
The Matthews
The Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:51 am

I heard footsteps adn looked up to see my brother standing in front of me.  What was he doing?  I was just getting hit -- no scars would come from this!  It would be okay!  I pushed Austin out of the way in time for me to receive father's fist rather than my little brother getting hit.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next