Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

There are far better things that lay ahead than what we leave behind -- 2000ish?

4 posters

Go down

There are far better things that lay ahead than what we leave behind -- 2000ish? Empty There are far better things that lay ahead than what we leave behind -- 2000ish?

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:16 am

We had been fostering Abel and Elliot for a good while -- it was nearing the year mark.  I was nowhere closer to finding them a permanent home... but part of me did not want to.  I saw a huge difference in them being here than at any other home I found for them.  They were as close to happy as they could be while thinking this was just temporary.  I just had no idea how to talk to June about it.  It was hard to even begin fostering them after losing Austin - our son, not my brother.  What woudl she even think if I brought this up to her?  It was a worth a shot. 

The kids were playing in the other room and I approached June in the kitchen/dining area.  "June... I wanted to talk to you about the kids," I said to her, going to make some tea.  The best remedy for any Lupin family member.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

There are far better things that lay ahead than what we leave behind -- 2000ish? Empty Re: There are far better things that lay ahead than what we leave behind -- 2000ish?

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:06 am

I looked up from the table and smiled at my husband as he came into the kitchen. "Hi honey." My smile faltered slightly when he mentioned he wanted to talk about the kids. I loved Abel and Elliot, they were the sweetest kids, despite everything they had gone though, and I wanted to find a home that would treat them the way they deserved. I was just not sure a house with me in it was that home. "What did you want to talk about the kids for? Did you find a home for them?" I asked, hoping he would say yes but also wishing he would say no at the same time.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

There are far better things that lay ahead than what we leave behind -- 2000ish? Empty Re: There are far better things that lay ahead than what we leave behind -- 2000ish?

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:55 am

I put the pot on the stove and put some tea leaves into the mugs that we were going to end up using once the water was ready.  I turned around and leaned against the counter, folding my arms over my chest.  "Maybe," I said to her slowly.  "It's just kind of a difficult situation -- but could be easy if they let it be."  I had to be careful... I was going to try to ease into this as slowly as possible.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:37 am

My eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Why don't they let it be easy then? I'm not letting you send them someplace if there's a chance it could be difficult." I informed him. "They deserve better. They deserve everything we never had." I had a feeling Lincoln was leaving something important out, and I was a little nervous of what it could be.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Matthews Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:21 pm

I had been sitting in the living room, playing with Elliot when I heard Lincoln and Juniper talking about us. I swear I had supersonic hearing or something when it came to this. I turned to my sister. "Shhhh. They're talking about us." I whispered. I silently crept closer to the doorway so I could hear better without it being obvious. I had to know what was going to happen to Elliot and I. I smiled slightly when Juniper stood up for us, though I was beginning to trust that Lincoln wouldn't let us go to just anyone. Why else would we still be living here, almost a year later? It was a record for us.
Abel Matthews
Abel Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:33 pm

I shrugged.  "I think the kids would easily let it happen," I said to Juniper slowly.  "They'd be really happy, I think.  I know that the mum, though, she's the one I'd have to convince."  I felt the smile I had been trying to conceal break through onto my face.  I wanted this to happen so badly -- I loved those kids so much.  I just was not sure if Juniper was ready.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Matthews Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:14 pm

I quieted and followed Abel.  "What's going on?" I whispered.
Elliot Matthews
Elliot Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:47 am

I titled my head slightly, working through everything. "So you think the kids would be happy but the mum would be difficult to convince?" I asked. " I can talk to her if you want, let her know how great the kids are. Is it someone I know?"

<<so June is clearly clueless and I love it!!! Lol>>
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:42 pm

I chuckled slightly at June's response.  I thought it would have been clear already.  "Oh, well, I think you should know her... but I'm not sure if you know what she'd want," I explained, purposely being unclear now.  I could not help myself.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Abel Matthews Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:18 pm

I listened a bit longer before turning to Elliot. "Lincoln found a place for us but he thinks it could be difficult. He said he thinks we would be happy but one of the parents would be hard to convince." I thought through everything and thought I had figured it out but Juniper was asking about meeting them. I turned back to my sister. "Do you like it here Elliot? Would you be happy if they adopted us?" I asked her seriously.
Abel Matthews
Abel Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Elliot Matthews Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:23 pm

I looked at Abel, a bit confused.  "They're going to adopt us?  That'd be great!  I love my bedroom here.  I have it just the way I want it.  And, you know, Linc and June are awesome.  I... I really like them," I said.  Abel told me not to get too attached, so I did not want to say that I loved them.  But I did.  I loved June and Linc.
Elliot Matthews
Elliot Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down