Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The ones that love us never truly leave us -- February 2018

2 posters

Go down

The ones that love us never truly leave us -- February 2018 Empty The ones that love us never truly leave us -- February 2018

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:05 am

It had been a tough month -- we had to bury our daughter a month ago.  Charlie and I were not the same.  I missed my baby girl so much.  Charlie spent all his time at the reservation... I did not have the energy or strength to even go to work yet.  I knew that Quinn would not want us to whither away like this, but how could I not?  A parent was not supposed to outlive their children.  I felt some comfort from the cup of tea in my hand -- it had been my daughter's favorite kind.  I heard a knock at the door and put the cup down, walking to answer it.  I was able to muster up a smile when I saw my brother standing there.  "Remus," I said, letting him inside and giving him a hug.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

The ones that love us never truly leave us -- February 2018 Empty Re: The ones that love us never truly leave us -- February 2018

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:10 am

I held my little sister tightly and let go of her.  I followed her back to where I saw a steaming cup of tea on the coffee table.  I recognized the smell instantly -- Quinn's favorite.  "Des," I said, sitting down next to her, "how are you?" Of course I knew how she was.  She lost her daughter.  I could not believe that my niece was gone.  She had always been able to light up the room -- even during her last days with us.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

The ones that love us never truly leave us -- February 2018 Empty Re: The ones that love us never truly leave us -- February 2018

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Tue May 05, 2015 6:04 am

I sighed and shook my head.  "I don't even know," I said to him.  "Nothing's the same... it's too quiet."  Yes, Quinn would technically be in school right now anyways, but just knowing that I would nto be receiving an owl from her... yes, it was too quiet.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Mon May 11, 2015 4:07 pm

I nodded and hugged Desi again.  "I know," I whispered to her.  "But you know that Quinn wouldn't want you to stay sad forever, either, though Des."  I kissed my sister's forehead and squeezed her closer.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:30 am

I chuckled sadly and nodded at my big brother.  "I know, Remus," I said to him quietly.  "But... well, it's just hard not to be sad.  She was my daugther... I loved her so much."  Tears started to make my voice thick again.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:53 am

I put my arm around Desi again and hugged her.  "I know," I assured her.  "And that's natural... you need to be sad.  But you cant let it rule your life, either... you need to try to find a way to smile again."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:09 pm

I pulled away and attempted a smile at Remus.  "I know," I said to my brother.  "And really, I have plenty to care for... Mum is getting rather older... maybe I'll just take care of her now."  I was a caregiver.  I always was.  With my baby girl gone... I was not entirely sure what I was going to be able to do.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:06 am

I chuckled slightly.  "How about you take care of you?  It'll be good for you," I said to my little sister.  I squeezed her shoulder.  "Mum would hate it if you called her old, just so you know."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:12 pm

I chuckled slightly and looked at my older brother.  "Ah, you are right about that one," I agreed, sighing sadly.  I looked at Remus.  "And I know you want me to care for myself rather than anything else, but I'm not entirely sure if I remember how to do that anymore."  I hated admitting that, but I could tell Remus anything.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:10 am

I sighed and put my arm around my sister.  "i know," I said to Desdemona gently.  "It'll be tough... but you'll figure it out again."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:55 pm

I took a deep breath and smiled a bit at Remus.  "I know," I said to him.  "I'm just glad that you have faith in me."  That was the complete truth, too, because I wa snot sure if I had faith in myself.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:16 pm

I smiled at Desi.  "Of course I have faith in you," I assured her.  "You are one of the bravest women I know.  How else could you have agreed with Quinn and help her live the last of her days with as much love and fun as you could possibly put into it with the cancer?"  I knew that bringing up Quinn would be painful, but I wanted to try to point out the good that had happened.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:34 pm

Tears came to my eyes at the mention of my daughter's name, but I did not want to avoid speaking of her.  She would not have wanted that and I wanted to be sure to honor her memory, not shove it in the closet because it was too difficult to think of.  I let the pained smile come across my face.  "I appreciate that, Remus," I replied to my brother.  "I am hoping to be able to get Charlie to agree to naming the new nursery wing after Quinn."  That was one way to honor our daughter.  It was not necessarily a wing because it was not a building by any means.  But that was what we were calling it for lack of better terms.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:40 pm

I smiled a bit at Desi's idea.  "I think that is wonderful," I assured her.  "I don't see why Charlie would want to choose against that."
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum