Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm not used to someone putting me first-- Fall/Winter 1991

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I'm not used to someone putting me first-- Fall/Winter 1991 Empty I'm not used to someone putting me first-- Fall/Winter 1991

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:19 am

I paced in front of the Ravenclaw common room. I already had someone check and make sure that Lincoln wasn't already in there. I was nervous but I wasn't sure why. All I was doing was thanking him for helping me with my magic and the bully by showing him where the kitchens were. He had said he didn't like people touching him and I knew the Great hall could get crowded so I thought I could show him the kitchens and he could eat there if he ever felt like. Cassie had shown me and now, it was my turn to pass on the information.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

I'm not used to someone putting me first-- Fall/Winter 1991 Empty Re: I'm not used to someone putting me first-- Fall/Winter 1991

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:43 pm

I headed back to the common room from working on some assignment for McGonagall in the library and continued towards the entrance.  I saw someone pacing outside the doorway and recognized who it was nearly immediately -- Juniper.  I adjusted my bag on my arm and walked up.  "Hey... everything alright?" I asked her, not sure why she would be hunting me down.  I knew I told her that I could help with her studies, but I did not think that today was a day that I had told her to meet... and we never met by the Ravenclaw common room anyways.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

I'm not used to someone putting me first-- Fall/Winter 1991 Empty Re: I'm not used to someone putting me first-- Fall/Winter 1991

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sun Dec 14, 2014 9:03 am

I saw Lincoln come down the hall and smiled as I walked up to him. "Yeah, everything's fine." Well, as far as he needed to know anyway. "Sorry if I'm interrupting something but I have a surprise for you." I bit my lip, suddenly worried about whether or not he would like the surprise. "That is, if you have time. I know you're busy and probably have better things to do."
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:34 pm

I raised my eyebrows, surprised.  "No, you're fine," I said to her simply.  I had just finished up with what I wanted to do and was going to end up down at dinner... though I dreaded dealing with everyone there.  "What's up?" I was not entirey sure how I felt about her having a surprise for me, but I would wait to judge it until I saw it.  Normally surprises did not end well for me.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:37 am

I smiled up at him, happy I wasn't interrupting anything. "Follow me." Before he could say anything else, I started walking down the corridor, towards the stairs. "Have you eaten dinner yet?" I asked. If he had, I would just show him for future reference. If he hadn't, then maybe we could both grab something to eat. My checks turned red at that thought since I hadn't eaten yet and if he hadn't.....what if he thought my surprise was a date or something? I blushed even more and did my best not to let him see me. "I'm just wondering because my surprise.....involves food.....it's not a date or anything.....but um.....there's food....." I tried my best to explain but I was stumbling over my words. I took a deep breath. "You'll understand more when we get there."
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:45 am

I shook my head, following her.  "No, I was going to put my bag in the tower and then head down," I said to her.  "But this works."  I did not want her to think we needed to go back to the Tower to put it away or anything.  I was not entirely sure what could involve food, but I never thought it would be a date.  It was kind of cute how she thought she needed to clarify it.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:23 pm

I stopped when he said he had been going to put his bags away. "You can still go put them away or I can carry them if you want." I offered. I was glad he didn't mention anything about my date rant but I sill felt the need to clarify. "Not that I think you would even want to go on a date with me....not that I wouldn't want to go on a date with you...." My cheeks turned bright red at what I had just said without realizing it and I hoped I had been speaking too quickly for him to process what I had said. "but...ummm....yeah, you'll just see what I mean when we get there." My cheeks were turing more red and I wasn't sure I could hide it,  so I did the next best thing and changed the topic. "So, how was your classes today?"

<< Awkward June is fun to write.... Smile >> 

Last edited by Juniper Malfoy Matthews on Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:43 pm

<< I love awkward June!!!!! >>

I motioned for her to just continue walking when she mentioned me going back up to the Tower.  I tried to keep my surprised smirk hidden when she continued on her rant about a date.  I was not even sure if I would ever really want to date anyone anyways... no one needed to get involved with me.  She was getting so bright red that it was amusing, but I did not poitn it out.  That was not a wise idea.  I just let her talk and stumble over herself until she found a spot she wanted to finish.  "Classes were... classes," I answered her when she finally paused.  "I had to deal with Professor Snape today... but ended the day with Lupin.  So it was a good way to even everything out."
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:51 pm

<< if you love awkward June you will love drunk, bubbly June in our other thread!!! Lol>>

I was relieved when he changed the topic with me and didn't mention how bright red my face must've been. "That does sound like a good way to end the day." I replied. I went down another set of stairs. "This suprise, I hope you like it. I just wanted to thank you for all your help with my magic. I'm really starting to get the hang of it." I smiled over at him once I thought my face must be at least a bit less red. "It's helping me a lot."
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Fri May 08, 2015 6:04 am

I smiled my notorious half smile.  "I'm glad that things are going well," I said to her.  "And you know if you ever need any more help, just ask.  I can always lend a helping hand."  I wanted to try to help as many people as possible since I coudl not help myself or my brother... "But you didn't need to do anything to say thank you besides saying the words... and even then..." I trailed off.  I was so used to not being spoken to nicely that the time in school seemed like a dream.  I was still getting used to the fact that not all people were as horrible as my family.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Sun May 24, 2015 5:08 am

I smiled over at him. "Thanks Lincoln, that means a lot to me." I walked down one more flight of stairs. "And of course I need to thank you, I'm not sure where I would be if you hadn't found me that day." I didn't really want to talk about how horrible I was anymore so I continued down the hallway that ran between the stairs and the Great Hall "We're almost there."
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:29 am

I shrugged.  "It's really nothing," I said to her quietly.  I followed her.  "Where are we going, anyways?" I had never been to this part of the castle before.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:38 pm

I turned towards Lincoln so I was walking backwards and smiled. "You'll see." I walked up to the portrait of the bowel of fruit and tickled the pair with my fingers. It opened up and showed the school kitchen. "Welcome to the Hogwarts kitchen." I said as I walked in.
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Lincoln Matthews Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:39 am

Of course I had read about the kitchens of Hogwarts... and clearly I ate everything they made.  I adjusted my bag and felt a bit of a smile come onto my face.  I was not used to someone helping me that much.  I mean, Father sometimes did... but that was so very rare anymore that I practically forgot what it was like.  I was not entirely sure if Juniper realized how nice this was for me... it was so hard eating really early before anyone else or later than everyone.  I just hated when I got bumped into or anythinglike that.

I followed June inside.  "Wow..." I said, unable to get anything else out before house elves bombarded us.
Lincoln Matthews
Lincoln Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Juniper Malfoy Matthews Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:40 am

I smiled over and Lincoln's shocked face, hoping that it meant he liked the suprise. He hadn't been able to say much before the house elves were taking us to the table in the corner and putting plates of food in front of us. I gave a small laugh. "Thanks everyone." I turned to Lincoln. "I hope you like it. I just know you don't like being touched and the Great Hall can get pretty crowed at times and I thought you could come here to eat instead of having to get up super early and beating the rush or waiting up late to eat....." I was rambling again and felt myself blush. "Sorry, " I said as I looked down so he wouldn't see my red face, "I'll just be quiet now and if you want me to leave so you can eat in peace just let me know. Sorry I know of kidnapped you by the way. You don't have to stay here or even come back if you don't like it."
Juniper Malfoy Matthews
Juniper Malfoy Matthews

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next