Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friends are treasures -- Winter 1991 (DONE)

2 posters

Go down

Friends are treasures -- Winter 1991 (DONE) Empty Friends are treasures -- Winter 1991 (DONE)

Post  Penelope Clearwater Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:05 am

I had become Prefect and started dating Percy as well.  He was really sweet.  Professor Dumbledore had askedme to help with the transfer student, Desdemona Quinn.  We had quickly become great friends.  She was Remus's sister as well, but on his mother's side.  I had told her to give Remus a little time; he had lost Dad this summer.  It hit him hard... I had never seen a bond as strong as theirs.  He had been my father, too, but Remus just seemed to lose a piece of himself when we lost him.  I sat down next to my friend in The Three Broomsticks where I said we were going to meet.  It was the last trip before the holiday break.  The sad thing was, I was going to a new home.  Mum anted someplace new.  Dad had left the house to Remus, but he said we could stay... Mum just did not want to.  Too many memories, she said.

Last edited by Penelope Clearwater on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Friends are treasures -- Winter 1991 (DONE) Empty Re: Friends are treasures -- Winter 1991 (DONE)

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:06 am

"EArth to Penny," I teased, waving my hand in front of my friend.  She was lost in her own world.  "Everything okay?" I asked, a hand on her arm.  She was definitely not all with it right now.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Friends are treasures -- Winter 1991 (DONE) Empty Re: Friends are treasures -- Winter 1991 (DONE)

Post  Penelope Clearwater Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:07 am

I smiled at Desi.  "I'm fine... I'm just thinking about Mum and the move.  I don't know if it's the best thing for her," I explained.  The man she loved just passed away and she was making big decisions.  I did not think it a wise idea.  Things should nto be decided after a death of a loved one.  I missed Dad, too, but to move?
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:08 am

I felt horrible for Penelope.  "Penny, I know you're worried.  But the best thing you can do for her is to be supportive," I said.  I was more worried about Penny and Remus.  "How are you handling everything?" The funeral for their father was only a couple weeks before the start of term.  I had no idea how they handled coming back to school so quickly.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:11 am

Of course Desdemona was right.  I needed to be supportive.  I just was not sure if I wanted to move away from Dad's memoroy.  I really was contemplating asking to stay.  I knew better than to ask, though.  I smiled at Des.  "Don't worry about me, Des," I informed her.  "How was telling Remus?" I asked.  I knew that Des had talked to Remus about being related.  I had convinced her to do it, despite having lost Dad.  But we have not had much time to talk about what happened until now.  We had exams before the holidays, so now that we finally had time, I was quite serious.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:13 am

I smiled and shrugged.  "I thought it went okay.  I knew that it was hard for him to realize that I'm not like his mum... I hate her," I said, shaking my head.  "But I was invited to spend te holidays with them."  I could not believe that he had actually wanted to spend time with me.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:14 am

I was not surprised at all that Remus extended an invitation.  I bet a lot of it was Chloe, too.  But my brother -- our brother -- was a good guy.  He has been through a lot, but was able to take it in stride easily.  I was actually proud of my big brother.  "I'll see you there, right?" I questioned.  I really wanted to see her.  I was sure that it would be quite entertaining.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:14 am

I grinned.  "Like I want to spend the holidays with m yparents?  Of course I'm going to go!" I said happily.  I looked at the time.  We probably should head back to the castle.  I sighed.  "Ready to head up?" I asked Penny.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:16 am

I had an idea of what we could do while once back at the school.  I stood up and nodded.  "Sure... I have an idea... we'll just need to be creative on getting with her," I informed Desdemona.  I was going to have us girls have a nice chat if possible.  I was hoping that Lucy would be allowed to at least talk or something.  I thought that it would be nice if Desdemona was able to get to know her niece for a little bit beforehand.  That way the holidays might not be so intimidating.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:17 am

I raised my eyebrows at Penelope as we put our cloaks on.  "What idea is that?" I asked, holding the door open so we could face the cold.  We just walked quickly towards the castle.  No need to expose ourselves to the chill longer than necessary.  When we entered the Great Hall to grab some cocoa, I had to ask.  "So what's your big idea?"
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:40 pm

"Well... she's not here at school yet,, but I could see if she can Floo chat," I explained.  I wondered if I could sneak her in... there had to be a way.  But I knew Remus and Chloe would kill me.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:42 pm

I laughed and rolled my eyes.  "Who are you talking about?" I asked, not liking the slight secrecy.  that always meant trouble.  I drank some of the cocoa and let it warm my insides a little bit.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:44 pm

"Lucy of course... our niece," I said happily.  I always thought she was the same age as Will... but she was not.  She was a year younger.  I had a problem with remembering their ages properly.  I just wished that she was in school already.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:52 pm

I laughed and shook my head.  "I can just wait to meet her during the holidays," I said to Penelope.  "Don't you have to do som Prefect duties?" I questioned.  I did not want to rush my time with Penelope, but I also didn ot want her to get into trouble.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Clearwater Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:56 pm

I sighed; Desdemona was right.  I set my cup down on the table.  I gave Desi a hug.  "I'll see you later at supper," I said to my friend.  I stood up and started to walk out of the hall.  I would have to definitely be there for Desi when she first gets to the Lupin cottage.  I did not want her to feel alone when being there for the first time.  I knew Chloe would be more than welcoming, but the kids could be overbearing at times.
Penelope Clearwater
Penelope Clearwater

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down