Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Take a chance -- Early Fall 2013

2 posters

Go down

Take a chance -- Early Fall 2013 Empty Take a chance -- Early Fall 2013

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:18 am

I had been searching for a new flying instructor and I remembered quite a good flyer -- Seth Weasley.  I sent word to him that I wanted to speak to him.  With being in the Order with Bill plus having been Headmaster already when Seth came through Hogwarts, I figured he would be a perfect fit for being the flying instructor.  He was young enough to be able to keep up with the kids, but old enough to have responsibility.  I sat at the Three Broomsticks and waited for him to come in.  He still had time before he was actually late as I had arrived early.  Madame Hooch had finally retired, for which I was actually grateful, and it was time to get some young blood back into teaching.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Take a chance -- Early Fall 2013 Empty Re: Take a chance -- Early Fall 2013

Post  Seth Weasley Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:28 am

I was actually quite nervous about meeting with Professor Lupin.  He was the Headmaster and I knew that he was quite pleased with me as a student -- I had taken after my father in my studies.  I had no idea why the Headmaster would want to talk to me.  I walked into The Three Broomsticks early but I figured it would make a great impression.  I saw him already there and I felt like a complete moron.  I walked over to him and smiled, offering my hand.  "Headmaster, it's great to see you again," I said, glad that he shook it and indicated to me that I should sit down.  I was really nervous.  "You were a little vague as to why you wanted to see me, Professor."  I hoped that it was not obvious as to how nervous I was.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:47 am

I found his nerves quite entertaining.  I smiled at him.  "You can relax, Seth," I assured him, waiving over to the barkeep to bring us a couple of butterbeers.  "I have invited you here to see if you would like to hear the job offer I have for you."  I passed one of the glasses to Seth Weasley when they were brought to us.  I took a sip of my own, never tiring of the way The Three Broomsticks made their butterbeer.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:58 am

I smiled at him, trying to loosen up a tad.  I could not help but be nervous still, though.  Why else would I be summoned to meet with the Headmaster of Hogwarts?  I took a drink and nodded.  "A job offer, sir?" I questioned, unable to stop being so formal with him.  I had always viewed him as the Headmaster.  Dad knew him simply as Remus Lupin.  They had fought at the battle of Hogwarts together and had been in the Order together.  But that did not mean that I was going to be any less formal.  I bit my lip slightly.  What on earth would the job offer be?
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:07 pm

I nodded at the young man sitting in front of me.  "I would like to see if you'd want to join the staff at Hogwarts?" I inquired.  "Madame Hooch finally retired... and we are going to be in dire need of a flying instructor.  I wanted someone young and be able to be old enough to have respect from the students.  What do you say, Seth?" I hoped that he would agree to doing it.  I would love to have some fresh blood on the staff after all of these years.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:15 pm

I could nto help but laugh a little bit.  "Finally?" I inquired, smirking.  I could not believe that Professor Lupin was nearly insulting a fellow instructor.  "And of all the people who would have to choose from, you picked me?"  I could not believe that he would want me to be an instructor at Hogwarts.  "Why am I in your line of vision when it comes to the flying instructor and stuff?" I asked.  I really was not sure about any of this.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:24 pm

I smirked at him and gave him a wink.  "Don't let anyone know I said that about Hooch," I said, hoping that I will be able to convince Seth to come back and be an instructor.  "You were a great flyer, Seth.  You were an awesome Quidditch Captain for Gryffindor.  I would love to have you come and help the kids.  I knwo you'll instantly become their favorite instructor... I think you'll be able to be a great influence."  I could tell that he was thinking about it, which I was quite happy about.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:38 pm

That would be pretty cool to be an instructor at Hogwarts.  But I was so close to the age of the seventh years... would I be able to keep them in line?  I knew that most of the flying courses were with younger students, but I remembered Madame Hooch was in charge of all Quidditch teams and when they would practice and such.  "I don't know, Professor.  When do you need to know by?"  I questioned.  it was mid August... so I was guessing I only had a couple of weeks to think about this.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:43 pm

I figured that he would need to think about things.  "I would like to know by mid September.  I can have one of the current instructors to fill in with the first years and such.  but I don't want to wait much longer than that," I informed Seth.  I knew that he was so young and a lot of other professors probably would not agree with me seeking out someone his age, but I thought that it would be wise to get some differences in age and opinions.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:53 pm

I nodded, understanding him completely.  I just wished that he would have come to me sooner.  "Okay... you'll know before the beginning of term," I assured him.  "But I'm thinking it would be interesting to be back at Hogwarts."  I wanted to think about it before giving him an answer, but I was pretty sure that I would take him up on the offer. I figured that I could at least do a year and see how I liked it.  I knew my cousins would love it if I were there to help them out with more than just flying.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:05 pm

I smiled at him.  "That sounds great," I said sincerely.  I hoped that he would want to do this.  I really had no other options at the moment.  I stood up and laid a few sickles on the table.  "Well, you know how to get a hold of me, but if you would excuse me... I need to head back home.  I try not to do too much school things when it's break."  I chuckled and shook my head.  I squeezed his shoulder as I walked past him and headed out.  I really did not enjoy doing schoolwork on break.  It was not enjoyable int he least... especially when I wanted to spend time relaxing with my wife.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Weasley Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:21 pm

I nodded and watched the Headmaster leave.  I could easily enjoy myself as the flying instructor, but I still was hesitant.  I would talk to Dad and Mum about it.  I just hoped that the Headmaster was not doing it just for a favor to someone... maybe I woudl actually earn this job.  I finished my drink and stood up, thinking about the offer as I made my plan of how to even begin to tell someone about this amazing offer.
Seth Weasley
Seth Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down