Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What do you think? -- First Year

3 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

What do you think? -- First Year  Empty What do you think? -- First Year

Post  Rory Pettigrew Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:13 pm

Well, the Sorting ceremony was over and now we were all chilling in the common room or heading to the dorms.  I sat by Stan and he had been quiet since dinner.  "Hey mate... what's on your mind?" i questioned.  Though I was pretty sure I knew; his whole family was in Gryffindor for the most part.  No one had been Sorted into Slytherin since his grandpa had been sorted differently.  And now here he was... I knew it had to be bothering him.
Rory Pettigrew
Rory Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

What do you think? -- First Year  Empty Re: What do you think? -- First Year

Post  Constantine Black Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:22 pm

I had been listening intently to the noises in the common room; it helped me place where certain things were.  I heard Rory sit down -- how did I know it was Rory?  Because he would be the ony one who would talk to me.  I heard whata everone else was whispering... they thought I was weird and stuff because I was blind.  I sighed and shrugged.  "Just... this isn't going to be as easy as what I had hoped," I admitted to my friend.  I wished people would not be so judgmental.
Constantine Black
Constantine Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Rory Pettigrew Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:42 am

I could only imagine how Stan felt here... I mean, this was supposed to be the best years of our lives and I had a feeling that his were going to be miserable -- at least for this year.  "I'm sure it'll get easier," I assured him, though I had really no clue if it would or not.  I just hated seeing my friend down and out.
Rory Pettigrew
Rory Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Constantine Black Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:42 am

I laughed a little bit and shrugged.  "It probably will... but it's going to suck for awhile," I said honestly.  There was no reason to be stupid about it; Dad warned me that people are jerks here at school.  Dad was the only one who was honest with me and said that I would have a tough road ahead of me while at school, so I really should not be surprised.  It was like everyone else wanted to just protect me instead of telling me how it was.
Constantine Black
Constantine Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Rory Pettigrew Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:56 am

I nodded at him and then chuckled slighlty.  "I'm nodding, Stan," I said.  I was happy to see that it made Constantine smile and shake his head.  We did that all the time.  It was easy to forget that Stan was blind, so doing gestures was completely pointless... unless you told him.  And then there was Stan, who blatantly did not do the gestures and just said wwhat he had been thinking about doing.  Yeah, we were kind of weird.  It was just who we were.
Rory Pettigrew
Rory Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Constantine Black Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:33 am

I laughed.  "I'm rolling my eyes at you, Rory," I informed him, not doing it at all.  My best mate could always make me feel better.  I leaned back in the chair.  "Have you told your parents that you were Sorted into Slytherin yet?" I questioned.  I was sure that Sedona was beating me to the punch in informing my parents.  I was a little frightened by what Dad would think... I knew Mum would not care; but Dad?  I was a little concerned to say the least.
Constantine Black
Constantine Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Rory Pettigrew Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:24 am

I sighed and said, "No... I have not.  But not because I'm scared... I just haven't thought about it.  Are you worried about your dad and family?" I knew that they were strong Gryffindors... and for Stan to be sorted into Slytherin, I was sure it would cause some turmoil.  I could only imagine what issues would arise with this new revelation.
Rory Pettigrew
Rory Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Constantine Black Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:52 am

Rory was lucky.  His dad knew that Slytherin house was not completely all bad.  I nodded at my friend.  "I am extremely worried... I know they'll accept me and whatnot... but I can't help but think that I'll be a disapointment to them," I confided.
Constantine Black
Constantine Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Rory Pettigrew Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:12 am

I knew it took a lot for Constantine to admit something like that.  They were all so secretive and had a hard time opening up to people.  "I doubt that they'll be disappointed in you, Stan," I said to him, thinking that he was nuts.
Rory Pettigrew
Rory Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Constantine Black Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:26 am

I was not too sure about that.  I shook my head and ran a hand through my hair.  "I don't know, Rory... I think that you ahve too much faith in my family.  I mean, look what they had done to my grandpa awhile ago.  I know we're not that bad, but still.  It runs in our blood," I informed my friend.
Constantine Black
Constantine Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Rory Pettigrew Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:24 am

I sighed.  "I'm shaking my head, Stan," I said, doing just that.  I put a hand on his shoulder.  "Look... they're your family.  They will be supportive no matter what.  You know that.  I mean... seriously.  Everyone is all over the place, house-wise anyways.  So why should they begrudge you for being in Slytherin?" I inquired.
Rory Pettigrew
Rory Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Constantine Black Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:00 am

Rory was right.  Sedona was in Hufflepuff and RJ got sorted into Gryffindor.  But those two Houses were acceptable.  Why was I in Slytherin?  "I better talk to RJ before he writes to the Lupins that he is in Gryffindor and I - Dad's favorite - got Sorted into Slytherin," I said, knowing that RJ seemed to think that I was dad's favorite when I really was not.  Dad did really well to not have favorites among the three of us.
Constantine Black
Constantine Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Rory Pettigrew Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:42 am

I nodded; I understood completely.  "Yeah, probably the best idea," I agreed with him.  I put a hand on his shoulder.  "I think you're freaking out over nothing, though, Stan.  They're all pretty understanding."
Rory Pettigrew
Rory Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Constantine Black Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:07 pm

I nodded at him, figuring that he was probably okay.  "Yeah, I guess," I said, not entirely sure, though.  I stood up and started to pace slightly, being careful becaue I was not entirley sure where things were quite yet.
Constantine Black
Constantine Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Rory Pettigrew Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:15 pm

"Chill, mate," I said to him quietly.  "There's no reason to fret... seriously."  I was glad that I did not have to fight to hide my smile with Stan because he was blind.  Though I was sure he could hear it in my voice.  He normally could.
Rory Pettigrew
Rory Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next