Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Listen to your sweet voice all night long -- Fall 1999 (DONE)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Listen to your sweet voice all night long -- Fall 1999 (DONE) - Page 2 Empty Re: Listen to your sweet voice all night long -- Fall 1999 (DONE)

Post  Madelyn Black Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:20 pm

I felt my cheeks go a little pink again.  I was not sure if I wanted people to see my work -- which was why I did not want to go anywhere near my drawings.  I did not want to hear what people thought of them... they were my heart and soul.  And people could be so cruel.  I took a deep breath and smiled.  "Alright, I guess I can't put off showing you for much longer anyways," I said, chuckling a little bit and grabbing another glass of champagne.  Why postpone it any longer?
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Listen to your sweet voice all night long -- Fall 1999 (DONE) - Page 2 Empty Re: Listen to your sweet voice all night long -- Fall 1999 (DONE)

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:24 pm

I let her lead me up the stairs and to where her work was.  It was all charcoal drawings and they were amazing.  I saw one in particular that was definitely moving.  It was a man and I could practically feel the pain that was evident on his face.  "This one is amazing," I said to her, examining it closely.  I looked over at her and I could see that it really meant a lot to her.  "You can really capture the emotions of this man..."
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:30 pm

He was looking at a picture that I drew that was my father.  It was the mixture of emotions I saw when he first saw Uncle Sirius in St. Mungo's in his coma.  I had never seen my dad look like that... and I never wanted to see it again.  It was full of regret, sadness, anger, pain... I felt horrible for my daddy.  There had been nothing I could do about it, either.  "That's my dad... I don't know why everyone wanted me to let them hang it.  No one will want to buy a picture of someone they don't know," I said, walking closer to my own drawing and touching it as if I could wipe away the tear that I had drawn on his face.  "This is what he looked like when he saw Uncle Sirius for the first time after years... well, as himself and not under an alias," I explained.  I moved towards a different picture that was of scenery.  "This is one that I think people should be loving... it's New York during Christmas... one of the only drawings that I have played with adding some color to it," I said, wanting to get away from the one of my dad.  He did not know I drew that let alone hung it for strangers to see.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:42 pm

"There are tons of famous paintings about people that no one ever knew in museums," I said to her, but let her change the topic off of that one particular picture.  It was clear that it was dear to her and yet it was hanging here for hundreds of people to see during the gallery.  We spent the rest of the gala talking about her drawings and why she draws what she does and everything else that we could discuss about her artwork.  I found it fascinating the many reasons she decided to draw certain scenes and people.  It was amazing all the details she ended up being able to capture.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Madelyn Black Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:51 pm

The gala was coming to a close and I could not believe the amazing night I had with Jetty.  I would never have expected to enjoy myself so with someone I had just met in a coffee shop.  I looked at him as we got ready to go our separate ways.  He leaned in and gave me a kiss and bade me goodnight.  He walked away leaving me there, stunned, but so happy.  I smiled as I watched him walk away a little bit before he Apparated into the night.  I could not believe it!  I found myself laughing a little bit at how happy I was.
Madelyn Black
Madelyn Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2