Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROMANIA: You said hey. Since that day you stole my heart and you're the one to blame -- Sept 1994 (DONE)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ROMANIA:  You said hey. Since that day you stole my heart and you're the one to blame -- Sept 1994 (DONE) Empty ROMANIA: You said hey. Since that day you stole my heart and you're the one to blame -- Sept 1994 (DONE)

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:30 am

On the reservation there were new hatchlings.  I loved dealing with them... they were some Norwegian Ridgeback babies.  There were only two of them for this one mother... but she was not doing anything with them.  We had to incubate them to help care for the eggs.  Finally, they hatched.  But we wanted to make sure that everything was healthy with them, so I opted to take them to the wildlife center around the bend from us.  So that's where I was headed and when I got there I saw that the staff seemed to be having a rough day.  I saw a new face in the crowd as well.  To maintain appearances, I was driving a muggle SUV.  It had taken a little bit to learn to drive it -- let's just say that I prefer a broom.  I left teh baby dragons in the car momentarily -- of course everything had enchantments on it to make it fireproof.  They had been tossing fire at each other the entire drive over.  I walked up to the entrance and Jean -- the care taker who reminded me of my mum -- smiled and waved wildly at me.  "Hey Jean!" I called out.  "Do I even want to know what all this stuff is?"

Last edited by Charlie Weasley on Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

ROMANIA:  You said hey. Since that day you stole my heart and you're the one to blame -- Sept 1994 (DONE) Empty Re: ROMANIA: You said hey. Since that day you stole my heart and you're the one to blame -- Sept 1994 (DONE)

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:35 am

I saw a redhead that Jean was waving at and joking around with.  I was assuming that was a guy from the dragon reservation - I could see a scar that mimicked a burn on his forearm.  We were covered in snot from a batch of sick nifflers... there were probably about twenty of them and all of them were sneezing and... it was just disgusting.  But they were cute, so it was okay.  I walked over when Jean waved me to help the redhead with what he had.  I walked over, wiping my hands on a towel, and said "Hey, what do you have for us?" I smiled at him and saw that he had extremely blue eyes.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

ROMANIA:  You said hey. Since that day you stole my heart and you're the one to blame -- Sept 1994 (DONE) Empty Re: ROMANIA: You said hey. Since that day you stole my heart and you're the one to blame -- Sept 1994 (DONE)

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:37 am

Ah, the new intern.  When she asked what I had for her I nearly laughed.  Everyone here knew us... I wondered how long ago she had started.  "My name's Charlie," I said, offering my hand.  We saw everyone enough so it was best to be on a first name basis.  At least, that was how I was.  Some of the guys on the reservation weren't this friendly.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:38 am

Wow.. how rude was I?  "Oh, sorry, I'm Des," I said, shaking his hand.  "Oh no!  I didn't get any of this on you did I?" I asked, realizing that my hand might not have been entirely cleaned.  I was not sure if he would appreicate getting any of this on him... not many people would.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:40 am

I just wiped my hand on my jeans and shrugged.  "Not a big deal.  If snot is all I get on me today, that will be a fantastic day for me," I told her with a wink.  "And Des, I have a couple of new dragon hatchlings for you.  Norwegian Ridgebacks."  I opened the back of the SUV and in the cage were the cutest things I have seen in the past week.  I loved baby dragons to death.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:42 am

They were so cute!  I had not seen any baby dragons yet, but everyone here said that the reservation would probably bring some sooner rather than later.  "They are adorable," I said, carefully going to try to touch them.  I knew dragons weren't teh most friendly of creatures... but the babies were too ccute to not try to touch.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:44 am

I watched as she went to touch them, which was no problem, but since she was new, I should probably warn her that their bites were venomous.  "Er... careful of their teeth.  They're venomous," I said, nearly laughing when she quickly retracted her hand.  "That doesn't mean you can't touch them," I added, putting my hand right inside the cage and stroking the neck of the closest one.  It seemed to enjoy it... but it was  shame that this was the most tame they would ever be and they'd just get worse the older they got.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:46 am

When I found out they were venomous, I snapped my hand back with a slight chuckle.  "I'll handle them plenty once inside... I better not test my luck," I said, pushing some of my loose hair away from my face.  "I'm assuming you just want them to have the normal basics that we do for the reservation?" I questioned.  I didn't know everything we did for them, but I knew someone in the clinic would know exactly what needed to be done.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:47 am

I smiled at her and nodded.  "How long have you been here?  I don't recall seeing you around before, Des," I said, picking up the cage and carrying it inside for her.  No reason to have her hurt herself... she was a dainty little thing after all.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:50 am

I opened the door for him since he was kind enough to carry them in.  For which I was truly grateful.  I did not want one of them to nip at my fingers and then I get poisoned.  "Only since the end of August... I'm just an intern for now, but I'm sure that I'll want to stick around if they offer me a position," I said with a shrug.  "How long have you worked with dragons?" I asked.  He seemed like he was perfectly fine with being that close to something that could easily kill him with one tiny bite.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:52 am

I laughed and shrugged.  "Enough," I said.  I saw her face and realized that she probably thought she was being too nosy or something.  "I don't keep track of the years... it's been a few or so," I amended, smiling at her.   I did have to say, even being splattered with gunk, she was quite a pretty girl.  Me and the guys were going to have  ablast giving her a hard time.  I set the cage on the counter as she walked behind it to grab the paperwork we always had to fill out.  I hated the fact of paperwork... but as Jean told me so many times, it had to be done.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:54 am

I grabbed some parchment and a quill and handed it to him.  "I'm going to guess you don't need me to go through the steps of telling you what needs to be written," I said, smiling at him as he took them from me.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:55 am

"What if I said that I wanted you to tell me anyways?" I tossed back at her with a grin.  I had two reasons for wanting her to do it.  One, just to give her a hard time.  Two, because I liked the sound of her voice.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:57 am

I crossed my arms.  "Since I know you are a regular client and have to come back, I can be rude to you and roll my eyes," I added, doing just that.  He crossed his arms and I knew he was going to be one of those stubborn guys.  I sighed and told him everything he needed to write down, being as condescending as I could get away with.  He was dishing it out, so I hoped he oculd take it.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:59 am

I had a smirk on my face the entire time she told me what I already knew.  "My, my... you are a feisty little thing," I said, giving her a wink to which I got the eye roll again.  I quickly jotted down everything they needed.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next