Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ROMANIA: Hanging by a moment here with you -- December 1999 (DONE)

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ROMANIA:  Hanging by a moment here with you -- December 1999 (DONE) Empty ROMANIA: Hanging by a moment here with you -- December 1999 (DONE)

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:43 am

It was a few months after Charlie and I finally tied the knot at the Burrow and after Charlie had asked his brothers to do something so impossible.  As much as I loved the chaos of being in England, it was always nice to be home.  We actually had our own space.  Which we definitely used being newlyweds.  Now I waited for Charlie to get home because There was some splendid news that I needed to tell him that we could share with the family when we visited over the Christmas holiday.  Lenni and Jada were due within the next few months -- give or take -- so I was hoping that they were feeling alright.  I always loved seeing Tonks and Bill who I knew would be there sinc eBill moved back to England.  We could tell the whole clan the great news that I just found out officially today.  I could not wait.  I glanced up at the clock and knew Charlie would be home any second now.

Last edited by Desdemona Quinn Weasley on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

ROMANIA:  Hanging by a moment here with you -- December 1999 (DONE) Empty Re: ROMANIA: Hanging by a moment here with you -- December 1999 (DONE)

Post  Charlie Weasley Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:01 pm

I walked into our home and hung up my cloak.  I was beat.  I stretched a little bit and saw that Desi was standing -- no, pacing -- in the living room.  "Hey babe," I said, walking up to her and giving her a kiss on the cheek.  "Today was a disaster... we lost that whole new batch of hatchlings from the Ridgeback... we have no idea what happened.  But guess who had to deal with everything?  that's right... me and Dylan.  It was ridiculous... and so sad."  I shook my head and went to the kitchen grabbing myself a beer.  I offered to grab her something but she shook her head.  I went back in and plopped on the couch.  "How was your day off?" I asked her, taking a big drink.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

ROMANIA:  Hanging by a moment here with you -- December 1999 (DONE) Empty Re: ROMANIA: Hanging by a moment here with you -- December 1999 (DONE)

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:33 pm

I felt so bad for Charlie.  He loved those dragons... it was always hard when they lost some.  I sat down next to him and put a hand on his thigh in a comforting manner.  "Well, my day sounds like it was a lot better than yours.  I'm sorry, babe," I said, giving him another kiss on the cheek.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:27 am

I opened my beer and took a swig.  "It is what it is," I said with a sigh.  I tried not to let that stuff get to me.  Sometimes there was just nothing we could do to save them.  I looked up at Des and pulled her down to sit next to me.  I gave her a kiss on the cheek.  "Why don't you tell me about your good day?  You can always put me in a better mood," I tol dher, grinning.  This was the part of myd ay I had been looking forward to the most... Desdemona always made me smile no matter what.  And the fact that we were still newlyweds made it all the better.  I could not beleive I had waited as long as I had to make her mine.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:03 am

I gave him a kiss and smiled at him.  I was nearly bouncing with excitement.  I just hoped that this really would make his day better.  We had me implanted with his brothers' sperm last month when I was all ready down there... I took hold of his hands and bit my lip a little bit before I found the words I wanted to use.  But why be cryptic or anything?  I was always one for being up front about things when it came down to Charlie.  "Honey, we're pregnant.  We're going to be parents!" I said excitedly.  I saw the spark in his eyes shine bright and I knew that this was the best news he could have asked for today.  It was obviously hard for us to have a baby, but I could not believe that it had ended up happening so quickly!  They warned us that it might not happen the first tim earound.

Last edited by Desdemona Quinn Weasley on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:33 am

For a moment, I had no idea what she had just told me.  But then it clicked in my head and a grin spread across my lips.  I set the beer down on the coffee table and I grabbed my wife and kissed her.  "Des!  That is amazing!  I can't believe it... I wasn't expecting it to go like this the first time," I said, keeping a hand in hers.  I could not believe that we were going to have a baby.  This was amazing.

Last edited by Charlie Weasley on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:48 am

I could not help but laugh at my husband.  "Babe, you can have the honor of telling your mother," I told him, wishing right now that we were closer to them so we could tell them in person rather than by owl.  Or we could make it some sort of Christmas present.  That might actually be really cute.  I knew we said something about not being able to go back to England for Christmas due to cost, but how could we not now that we had great news to spread?

Last edited by Desdemona Quinn Weasley on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:56 am

I laughed and of course Desdemona would have pawned my mother off on me.  Which was obviously fine with something like this to tell her.  I ran a hand through my curly hair and stared at Desi.  "I don't know if we'll be able to go for Christmas, though, babe," I said, knowing exactly what she was thinking.  I wanted to tell them in person, yes, but there was a problem with having enough money to do so.  We have had a lot of expense throughout the last few months.  But I needed to tell my brothers that their efforts worked on the first try.  I never would have thought... we were so lucky.

Last edited by Charlie Weasley on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sat Nov 16, 2013 12:02 pm

I was really hoping he would not say that, but I knew he would.  "Charlie... I'm sure that we could probaby finagle it," I said, smiling as persuasively as I could.  I really wanted to go and tell everyone in person.  But I also knew that we probably should not take any more time off of work than we already had.  It was a little tight right now since we took off so much time for the wedding and honeymoon.  It was depressing.  But then again, it was logical.  "I guess you're right.  But we'll have to send word to them right away," I told him to try to make it a little bit unlike guilt tripping him.  I knew he was right.  I just did not like the fact that he was.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:03 am

I gave Des a kiss.  "You know I'm right" I teased, smiling at my lovely wife.  "We'll see waht we can do... but we should probably spread the news now rather than waiting.  If my mother and Chloe or Lucy find out we did not tell them right away... we're both dead," I said, shaking my head, knowing exactly how those women acted.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:51 am

"Well, I am going to have to tell Lucy... I might have to find a new dress size since her wedding is in February... i owuldn't think I'd gain that much weight, but you never know," I said, smiling at Charlie.  I thought it was so cute that Lucy wanted a Valentine's wedding.  I wish that I could see their faces, though, when we gave them the news.  "Do you think that it's best to owl such news rather than tell them in erson?" I asked.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:01 am

I wrapped my arms around her and made her lay down by me on the couch.  "We will tell everyone, babe," I assured her, kissing her forehead.  "But can we just enjoy this moment for us?" I looked at her and grinned.  I could nto believe that we were going to be parents.  "How far along are you, do you know exactly?" I was not sure if she just took a test on her own, or went in to the doctor's for not feeling well or something.  She did not have an appointment until next week to see how things were going.  I just wanted to enjoy this moment for us before we started telling everyone all about it.

Last edited by Charlie Weasley on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:09 am

I guess i was getting a little bit carried away by telling everyone that I did not even think about just enjoying this for us.  Just for a moment.  I smiled at my husband.  I really was glad that we were starting our family quickly.  Our entire relationship seemed to have gone slowly... but now that we were finally together forever, things could go quickly.  And perhaps that was why we both went slowly when it came to dating and the engagement and marriage.  We wanted time to be wtih just each other and we knew that once we got married, we would definitley want a family.  "I'm about four weeks, if I did the math correctly from my last appointment.  Next week I'm going in again, and after having spoken to them already, the doctor thinks that is good for an appointment rather than getting me in sooner than that."

Last edited by Desdemona Quinn Weasley on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:16 am

I nearly wanted to groan.  I knew the moment I saw that sonogram, I would be making plans to come home to show everyone our little baby.  Instead of groaning, I started laughing.  "So that's your plan, is it?" I teased her, kissing the top of her forhead.  It seemed so innocent, yet I knew better.  That would be a fantastic way of telling everyone.  I would definitely want to give Mum a picture.  I knew she would want one... I was pretty sure she got one from Jada and Lenni of the first picture of her grandbabies.  So it would make sense for me to make sure she got one of mine, too.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:27 am

I sat up and looked at him, grinning.  "To be honest, I did not even think of that!  But how great would it be?!" I said, getting really excited.  I was so glad that Charlie brought that up!
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next