Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home for the holidays -- December 1995

+9
Jada Monroe Weasley
Ginny Weasley
Fred Weasley
Bill Weasley
George Weasley
Ron Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Molly Weasley
Charlie Weasley
13 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Home for the holidays -- December 1995 Empty Home for the holidays -- December 1995

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:16 am

I had let my family know that I was bringing someone with me to stay for the holiday season. The twins were in their seventh year, Percy was graduated and was off with the Ministry -- who knew if he'd be home this year, Bill was in Egypt last I knew and I wasn't sure if he'd be home either, Ron was in his fifth year, and Ginny was in the fourth year. Mum was ecstatic that I had a girl coming home. I had not told any of my siblings... I figured if they were caught off guard, they might be a little nicer. Mum insisted that Des stay with us and she did not seem to mind, but Des would have to stay with Ginny. I was rather nervous about all of this. I wasn't sure if Desi could handle my family; a lot of people couldn't. And I saw what we all did to the girlfriends whenever Bill or anyone else brought a girl home. We were relentless. It was what us siblings did... now I was worried for my girl that I brought home. I held onto Desi's hand as I walked into The Burrow. "Hello? Mum? Dad? I'm home," I called out, sure that Mum would rush towards me. It had been since June -- Percy's graduation -- that I had been home. So six months... I was only a little worried at Mum's scolding me about that.

<<Linds, Jada and Fred are together for this and so are George and Lenni, Ron and Hermione are not dating though. Just thought I'd let you know lol >>
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Home for the holidays -- December 1995 Empty Re: Home for the holidays -- December 1995

Post  Molly Weasley Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:45 am

I was just putting some laundry away in our bedroom when I heard the voice of my second eldest son in the kitchen. "Arthur! Charlie is home!" I shouted, getting really excited. I had not expected them so early like this! How wonderful! I rushed into the kitchen and saw Charlie and his girlfriend were standing there. I pulled my son into a big hug and kissed his cheeks. "Oh, Charlie! I'm so happy to see you! Your curly hair is getting a little wild, though... it should really be trimmed," I added, ignoring the fact that he rolled his eyes at me. I turned to his girlfriend and pulled her into a hug. "You are such a lovely girl! It is very nice to meet you, Desi." I was really glad that Charlie at least told me her name in the letter he sent saying he was coming home for the holiday.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Home for the holidays -- December 1995 Empty Re: Home for the holidays -- December 1995

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:49 am

I was surprised that I was greeted with a hug.  I hugged Mrs. Weasley back and said, "I'm very grateful that you're letting me invade your holiday!  But I was so excited to be able to come and meet you all."  And I was very sincere; I loved hearing the stories that Charlie told of his family... he was very proud of his entire family and I loved that about him.  He was a family man, that was for sure.  He was just adventurous and didn't have a lot of time to come home.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:09 am

I just waved her aside. "Of course you would be welcome! I am glad that Charlie is finally bringing someone home for me to meet," I said. "Now you are going to be sharing a room with our daughter, Ginny. The kids are all back from Hogwarts already... so if the two of you want to stay down here and I'll take the bags upstairs and let them know you're here." I had prepared Ginny that she would have a houseguest that would be staying in her room with her. I just hoped she would behave herself. I know how things can get crowded here... I was sure that all the boys would behave. Ron and Harry were already sharing a Ron's room and Charlie would be in his old room and Bill would join him, if he made it home. I walked up to the girl's room and knocked and brought in Desi's bag. "Ginny, your brother is downstairs if you would like to be introduced to Desi," I told her with a smile.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:22 am

I heard Mum's shout all the way up here.  I looked at Harry and shook my head.  "I think Charlie is home," I said, laughing.  I changed my shirt and then opened my door.  I had to go see my brother; he was probably my favorite brother, even though I would never admit that to the twins or anything.  Charlie was always so accepting of me and loves me and not trying to change who I am or anything.  I started to bound down the stairs and passed Mum on the way.  She was taking Charlie's stuff to his room.  I gave her a quick kiss as I passed; I knew she would appreciate that from her fifteen year old son.  I made it down to the kitchen and saw a girl standing with Charlie.  "Hey mate," I said, going up and giving my brother a hug.  He was shorter than I and I couldn't help but grin at that.  I looked towards the girl standing there.  "Hey, I'm Ron... you must be the Desdemona that Mum has been going on about," I said, smiling politely and holding out my hand to shake hers.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:47 am

I think Mum's shout could be heard around th eworld. "I'm glad she gets excited about seeing us," I joked, looking at my other half. "I bet he chickened out on bringing home that girl that Mum has been going on about... At least for Christmas dinner in a few nights she won't be alone if Jada and Lenni do come." I stood up and stretched. Guess I should probably go be nice and meet her and go say hello to one of my brother, too. It's been awhile since I had seen Charlie. And I had to give him a hard time.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:50 am

I smiled and shook Ron's hand.  "Nice to meet you, Ron," I said.  He was just like what Charlie warned me about:  slightly awkward around women.  "How is school going for you?  Are the professors hounding you about OWLs yet?" I questioned politely.  Charlie really did give me notecards for me to study.  And I did... right now, I was grateful I had.  I did not need to stand around all awkward with this many people.  I heard even more footsteps on the stairs.  It just put a smile on my face that they were all excited to see their brother; it was so much nicer than my family.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:57 am

I was relieved that things were going well thus far. I just waited until Ginny came down. I was sure that she would have something to say to me about Des having to stay in he rroom with her. I hugged all my brothers that came down to greet me. I slowly ushered everyone into the living room so we could at least converse where we could sit down. Des and I had been travelling all morning and I really wanted to just relax. this is what I missed most about living at home or closer to home. I loved all this noise and excitement around me. I was glad that Des was holding her own with everyone.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Mon Oct 07, 2013 2:59 pm

I had never told my mother if I was going to make it back for Christmas or not.  I thought it'd be better to surprise her.  I almost didn't come back, but when I heard that Charlie was bringing his girlfriend, well, I just had to meet her.  Charlie and I communicated on nearly a daily basis... so I probably knew before Mum did that he was planning on bringing her.  Maybe even before Charlie made up his mind I knew.  I opened the door to the kitchen and walked in.  I heard them all in the living room talking with each other.  I set my bag down -- I'd take it up to my old room later -- and walked into the living room.  "Hey everyone," I said, smiling to the room.  It was so nice to see everyone... and I had to say, Charlie's girlfriend was definitely a looker.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Fred Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:36 am

I had left a few minutes after George, I had to send a quick letter to Jada saying how Des was here now and she essentially was welcome anytime. I sent that owl off and went downstairs to see everyone in the living room. " Hello everyone." I said as I walked over to introduce myself,putting my hand out, " Hi name's fred. Nice to finally meet you." I said with a grin. I looked around noticing Ginny wasn't down yet. " OI! I know you heard that." Isaid loudly up the stairs knowing Ginny she'd be up to something. I suppose that was mine and George's influence.
Fred Weasley
Fred Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:59 am

I sighed, I suppose I should be nice and say hello. I got myself ready, wearing something nice. Elena and I went shopping she said that I looked older in it which was nice hearing that from someone who doesn't mind me growing up. It was always weird when my brothers brought girls home, of course the only two I didn't really have to worry about were Ron and Percy. Ron would be with Hermione so that was just a natural thing. Percy...was well Percy. I felt bad for any boy I brought here. It was like feeding them to lions. Which would be interesting to see them react to HArry in the future. I pondered that for a moment. Again hearing Fred, all right keep your knickers on. I walked down the stairs and had a smile on my face. I introduced myself to my brother's girlfriend. " Hi nice to meet you. I'm Ginny. " I said as I took a spot near Fred and George.
Ginny Weasley
Ginny Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:35 pm

I received Fred's owl and I knew all too well how that poor girl was feeling that Charlie was bringing home to meet the family. I got around quickly and bade goodbye to my family and went off to the Burrow. I walked in and heard everyone in the living room. Of course when I met the family, Charlie and Bill had not been home quite yet. And really, this would probably be only the second or so time that I have even met their oldest brothers. So I was actually looking forward to being able to spend more time with the entire Weasley clan. I walked in and said hello to the girlfriend and introduced myself. I, of course, gave a hug to everyone else and wnet over to sit by Fred.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:36 pm

I elbowed my brother and said, "She seems to be holding her own with everyone.  Which is definitely a good thing.  And she is definitely a looker."  I grinned at Charlie and saw that Desdemona got a little pink in the cheeks.  I was glad that she heard me.  And there was one of my favorite blondes in the whole world.  I gave Jada a big hug -- for some reason her and I just seemed to hit it off.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:46 pm

I so excited to see my entire family home and in one piece!  I gave Bill and Jada hugs and was glad that Ginny managed to come down from her bedroom to visit a little bit.  I just hoped they all behaved themselves... though Charlie's girlfriend seemed to be quite comfortable already.  "So, dear, tell us a little about yourself!  Charlie hasn't given us nearly enough information to get to know you!" I insisted, sitting down next to her.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:48 pm

I sent word to Lenni about everyone being home and if she wanted to meet the latest victim of the Weasley family, she should get her butt over here. And I wanted to see her. So it would be a win-win situation. I thought that Desi looked a little frightened at first, and I highly doubted she would remember all of us by the time tomorrow morning came. We were quite overbearing.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next