Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to Let Loose -- Summer 1976

+4
October Monroe Bane
Lily M. Evans Potter
Ember Potter Black
James Potter
8 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Time to Let Loose -- Summer 1976 - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to Let Loose -- Summer 1976

Post  Remus Lupin Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:24 am

I put my hands on Lily's shoulders.  "They just wanted to be nice.  We've seen you drink a little, Lily.  But I have a feeling that you'll be giving us a run for our money," I teased, knowing that James would definitely be able to easily keep up wtih Lily.  But he might let her 'win' just because he was in love with her.  The Potters were hopeless... loving someone they could not have at the moment.  I hoped that it would work out for boht of them.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Time to Let Loose -- Summer 1976 - Page 3 Empty Re: Time to Let Loose -- Summer 1976

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:27 am

I laughed and shrugged.  "I don't scare that easily," I informed her.  I noticed some goosebumps on her arms.  "Do you need a sweatshirt or something?" I asked her.  I would gladly let her have one of mine.  Of course it would smell like me... and she would definitely fall for me then.  I would just let her keep it.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:02 am

Smirking, " Good to know." I said as I nudged him lightly, nodding slowly, " I don't want you to freeze but would you mind if I stole one?" I asked him with a small smile. Knowing it wasn't meant anything and he was being the nice guy I know he is capable of.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

https://eramarauders.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:08 am

I grinned at her.  "I have plenty," I said, taking off the one I was wearing.  "Here, have the one that comes pre-warmed," I joked, handing her my favorite sweatshirt.  I would easily lose my favorite one to Miss Lily Evans.  The alcohol would warm me up plenty, so I was sure that I would be fine.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:12 am

Taking it and putting it on, " Thanks...pre warmed is nice." I said as I sat up awkwardly to put it on pulling it over my head, I had to fix my hair. Once I fixed it, it was a bit big on me but admittedly the best ones are always bigger. This was a lot of fun to be able to hang out with my friends and see James be very genuine...I shook my head. Nope, am I really flirting with him? I asked myself. Realizing I hadn't minded flirting with him in the first place. The alcohol maybe was helping me be a little more open. I looked over to Ember as I felt some heat rise to my face when I saw the look she was giving me.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:16 am

I could not help but smile at the way James and Lily were interacting. I was glad to see that they were finally able to be cute with each other even though tey were not dating. I smirked a little bit and caught Chloe's eyes. I really did think that it was cute that they were flirting a tad.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:25 am

I was thinking that she was looking fantastic in my hoodie.  I grinned at her and pushed a flyaway from her face.  "Sorry, but I figured you'd want that to not be there," I said, thinking she may end up yelling at me now.  I really enjoyed this... I caught Ember's eyes and gave her a look.  I could read her like a book; she definitely thought we were flirting.  I really was not trying to... I could not help that it was just happening.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:30 am

I watched his hand push a flyaway hair from my face, giving a small smile. " thanks." I said to him softly. I needed to do something else. Anything, someone want to play a game? I was feeling those butterflies in my stomach and I was admittedly enjoying it. We were all supposed to be hanging out and the only thing I could currently think about was how good he looks in that shirt. I put my hand on my head and had no problem staying this close to him. I found myself getting lost in thought about what he would do if I wanted to sit in his lap. What would his reaction be?
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:36 am

I took a deep breath and looked around the room.  Everyone was definitely enjoying themselves and mingling.  Not like any of us ever had that problem.  I cleared my throat slightly and could not believe that I was feeling nervous.  I was never nervous around the ladies... but Lily always got to me.  No matter what.  "Do you need another drink?" I asked her.  I would have been completely fine in the silence just sitting close... but that would lead to me attempting some sort of move, and I did not want to ruin the moment that we just had.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:40 am

I nodded, " That sounds good thanks!" I said as I stretched. This was fun looking around seeing everyone talking amongst themselves. This is great! Looking over to Ember I smiled and stuck my tongue out at her. Nodding over to Sirius, mouthing, " GO!" grinning might as well talking to him. No harm in that.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:59 am

I grinned at Lily and gave her a look and shook my head slightly. Tonight was not about trying to get Sirius to like me or to flirt with me. I was here to have a good time with the girls -- though I would give Lily up if it meant that her and James had a fighting chance. I wanted them to end up together in the long run... I just had to give them crap. I felt a slight nudge and it came from Tobi. They were both such pains. I rolled my eyes and went over to where some of the other cocktails were. I started mixing myself a drink, the sad thing was, was that James was mixing him and Lily drinks. "Hey... so it's going well over there," I said, giving my brother a hard time. I was secretly glad that he was occupied with Lily so I could go talk with Sirius if I wanted to. I just had a feeling he would end up being a jerk or something, though. He always was at one point or another in any conversation I had with him.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

I put my arm around Ember and kissed the top of her head.  I think the alcohol was making me in an exceptionally good mood... well, that and the fact that Lily and I were just clicking tonight.  "Yeah, it is.  Now stop gawking at us and go socialize," I said. I was getting to the point that she should talk with Tobi and Chloe or something.  That's why she invited them.  I went back to Lily and handed her a drink.  "It's one of my specialty cocktails... I won't tell you a thing that's in it, though, so don't ask," I told her, flashing her a smile.
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Ember Potter Black Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:15 pm

I know that James probably meant me socializing with the girls, but I was going to take that as permission to talk to Sirius.  Not like I needed permission anyways, though.  I just hoped that the fact that he was going into his sixth year and I was going into my fourth, that he would not be a jerk for once.  Perhaps he was starting to mature a little bit or something.  I looked back at Lily and smiled a little bit to let her know that I was going to listen to her.  I walked over to where I could talk a little better with him.  "I think we may have finally gotten them to have a civil conversation where James doesn't turn into a moron," I said, knowing that we all wanted them to get together.  It was a good ice breaker I suppose.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:18 pm

" Trying to get me drunk huh?" I teased as I bit my tongue, in a grin. I was having fun, it was nice. I sniffed at it and then looked at James and grinned, taking a slow sip. " It's pretty good." I told him, " What's it called?"
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:24 pm

I shrugged. "I just call it punch. It goes down smooth... have a couple of them and it'll knock you on your arse," I explained. "There's a ton of booze in it... and very little nonalcoholic mix with it." I avoided the drunk question. Was that not the entire point of this night? We all wanted to at least get tipsy, right?
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next