Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989 - Page 2 Empty Re: It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989

Post  Michael Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:19 pm

I followed her up the walk and said, "Not a problem.  Would you like me to do anything to help get things started for dinner?  I'm not the best cook... but I can boil water or something."  I felt like it would be odd if I stayed there by myself without helping a little bit.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989 - Page 2 Empty Re: It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:21 pm

I got things around and told him, "Just make sure nothing burns down and I'll be all set."  I grinned at him and left to go get the kids.  I went to the sitters which was only a little bit away as well and knocked before walking in.  "Hey... I'm sorry I'm a little late.  Had to run to grab stuff for dinner," I explained while my daughter ran up to me and wrapped her arms around me.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:22 pm

I hugged my mum and pulled back. "It's about time... I was getting bored and there is too much to do at home to get ready for. You know, school-wise and stuff," I told my mum, putting my hands on my hips.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:24 pm

I rolled my eyes and grabbed Mum's hand since I knew the routine.  As a nine year old one would htink that their mother wouldn't want to hold their hand... but alas, mine still wanted to.  Secretly, I was okay with it.  In front of everyone else -- it bothered me.  "See you tomorrow Miss Mable," I told the sitter with a smile.  Mum taught us to be polite to the sitter and stuff.  Besides, why would I want to upset miss Mable?  She was awesome.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:25 pm

I thanked Miss Mable and walked outside with my kids.  Jetty calmly holding my left hand and Jada swinging my right arm wildly.  I couldn't help but roll my eyes a little bit.  My child was too wound up for it being this late in the evening.  "We're going to have a friend over for dinner, okay?" I told them, figuring that they would appreciate a warning as much as Michael had appreciated me telling him I had two kids and not just Jada.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:26 pm

I sighed.  "Alright," I said.  I hated guests... except when it was Aunti Emmy.  She normally brought Dean and we got along for the most part.  I just hated when it was always girls... it got old really fast.  "Is it Auntie Emmy?"  I figured I should ask.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:27 pm

I shook my head.  "No, not her tonight, bud," I said to him.  "But it's an old friend of mine from school, his name is Michael.  He's really nice... but I'm not sure how he is around kids... so please be nice to him, okay?"  I knew that two kids being a little crazy after getting home might be a bit much for Michael.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:28 pm

My eyes lit up as I looked over at Mum. "ooh! It's a boy?! How awesome! And if you knew him in school... why are we just meeting him now?" I should know all of mum's friends. Especially if they were old friends.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:29 pm

I couldn't help but be a little bit hopeful.  "I'll behave, Mum," I said as we got into the yard and I walked to the side door.  I walked in and saw the guy standing by the stove putting in some pasta into the pot.  I smiled politely at him.  "Hey, I'm Jetty," I said as I got out of the way so Mum and Jada could come in. I slipped my shoes off and set my bag down by the desk.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:32 pm

I pushed past Mum and I needed to get a clear look at this Michael. He was super cute! I turned around and wiggled my eyebrows at my mum. I grinned at Michael. "And I'm Jada... I'm eleven and will be going to Hogwarts in September. Don't bother with Jetty... he's just a silly boy. You can sit next to me," I told him. Yes... I wanted the cute man to sit by me. I wondered if there were any cute teachers at Hogwarts! Oh, I would so have to ask my mum that later.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:34 pm

I sighed, closing the door behind me.  I mouthed an apology at Michael over Jada's head.  I put a hand on her shoulder.  "Honey, please don't disregard your brother like that," I told her.  He already had self-esteem issues... he didn't need Jada adding to them.  I smiled over at Jetty who seemed to be content sitting at the table by himself.  I looked at my daughter.  "Why don't you set the table and then both of you go wash up before dinner, okay?" I gave Jada a stern look as she tried to resist.  When they both had left and looked over at Michael and laughed.  "I am so sorry... you would think that we never had company or something," I said, finishing up dinner.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:27 am

I laughed and finished making dinner with her. Of course, it was more like Tobi bossing me around because I was hardly of any help at all. "Oh, they're fine... they have got to keep company at bay, though, with how up front that little lady is," I said to Tobi.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:30 am

I had come back out to the dining room and kitchen.  "Jada is anything but a lady," I said, grabbing a cup and filling it with some pumpkin juice.  No soda before bed -- house rules.  I filled a glass for my sister as well.  I was a little bit nicer than Jada.  She would have never done that for me.  I sat down so that way I would be across from Jada and next to Mum.  That way my sister could get what she wanted.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:31 am

"You have no idea," I said to Michael as Jetty came in and grabbed juice for him and his sister.  I smiled at him and grabbed me and Michael something to drink as well.  We set the finished food on the table and I called out, "Jada, it's all set."  I was sure she was just waiting to make a dramatic entrance.  That girl was all about appearances and drama it seemed.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:33 am

I rolled my eyes.  So much for making a grand entrance.  I walked in and saw that Michael would indeed be sitting next to me.  How exciting.  I grinned and sat down whil the adults joined us.  We started to eat in silence for a little bit -- but I was not going to have that.  "So Michael.  If you're an old friend of Mum's... why haven't we ever met you?" I asked him, looking at him with my big blue eyes.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next