Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Son in life you're going to go far and you're going to love where you are -- June 1989

+3
Ron Weasley
Bill Weasley
Molly Weasley
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Son in life you're going to go far and you're going to love where you are -- June 1989 Empty Son in life you're going to go far and you're going to love where you are -- June 1989

Post  Molly Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:47 am

I was so proud of my eldest son.  He graduated from school and he passed his NEWTs.  We returned home and the rest of the family went to their respective rooms to get changed.  I noticed that Charlie clapped Bill on the shoulder and whispered something in his ear.  I watched them curiously but only saw a little smile from Charlie and Bill got a little nervous.  It peaked my curiosity, but I did not say anything.  I started pulling some things out of the fridge to feed the so-called ravished family.  They would all act starved even though we all ate a hearty breakfast.  I noticed that Bill was lingering and not heading upstairs to get changed.  "Bill, darling, you look slighlty troubled.  You have so many things ahead of you... you don't need to be saddened that your school career is over," I said, smiling at him.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Son in life you're going to go far and you're going to love where you are -- June 1989 Empty Re: Son in life you're going to go far and you're going to love where you are -- June 1989

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:50 am

Charlie wished me good luck and told me he would try to keep everyone out of the kitchen while Mum and I talked.  I greatly appreciated that.  I smiled at my mother, of course she would assume it was school related.  "I know Mum," I said, pulling out a chair and ushering her to sit down in it.  "I have some important news to tell you."
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Son in life you're going to go far and you're going to love where you are -- June 1989 Empty Re: Son in life you're going to go far and you're going to love where you are -- June 1989

Post  Molly Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:53 am

Well, I was rather surprised when Bill pulled a chair out for me.  I wondered what he needed to tell me.  Why was he telling me by myself instead of the entire family?  It made me start to get concerned, especially when he refused to sit down and started to pace in front of me a little bit.  "Bill... what is it?" I asked him, reaching for his hand to try to guide him to sit down.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:01 am

I let my mother stop me and I sat across from her and held her hand in mine.  I was not sure how she was going to take this.  "I have a job for Gringott's as a curse breaker.  I will be traveling to Egypt where the job is stationed in September," I said, looking into my mother's eyes and smiled at her.  I was really excited about this.  I knew it would be hard, but at least she still had the rest of them... I mean, Ginny was ten years younger than me.  so she would have the baby of the family for awhile still.  I just felt kind of guilty due to the fact that I was the first to go.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:18 am

I had no idea what to say to Bill right now.  He was going to be going to Egypt?!  Why on earth would he want to do that?  I knew he loved adventure and he would always stand up for the weak at Hogwarts -- leading him to get into a few fights, but never getting into trouble because of them.  It was as if the teachers knew that he was on the defense rather than the offense.  I felt tears come to my eyes and I heard a shout behind me of one of the other kids hearing just exactly what Bill had told me.  At least it would give me time before I had to say anything to my son.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Ron Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:21 am

"You're going where?" I asked loudly, walking into the kitchen. When Charlie tried to keep us out of the kitchen, the twins distracted him and I snuck in. But there was no way I could keep my mouth shut about this. Bill was going to be leaving? All the way to Egypt? Why? Just for a job? That is crazy! I was only eight, but still! I wanted my big brother here. With us. Why did he have to go that far away?
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:24 am

I got away from the twins.  They had insisted on a wrestling match or something and when i refused, they still tackled me nonetheless.  They knew something was up.  I followed Ron in quickly, but not fast enough to stop him from interrupting.  I shot Bill an apologetic look as the rest of the family seemed to be filing in behind me.  I knew this is what my brother wanted to avoid... but there was no use now.  "Guys... calm down.  Why don't we let Bill give us details?  There's no need getting upset about anything," I said, trying to give Bill the floor and get the rest of the kids quieted down.  Which was next to impossible.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:26 am

I sighed and I knew Charlie did the best he could.  It was hard to keep tabs on that many people... and we were all a bunch of sneaks, except Percy of course.  I ran a hand through my hair and ignored the questions from everyone for a moment.  "Oi!  If you all shut it, I could answer all the questions," I said loudly, looking at each individual person.  When I got to my mother, I saw the tears and this is why I wanted to tell her by herself.  I could handle the rest of them... but not them plus Mum.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:28 am

I crossed my arms and stared at Bill. "Are we all too annoying for you or something? I mean, Fred and I do have a lot of noise coming from our room -- but that won't stop. But are you leaving because of us? And by us I mean all of us. What did any of us do to you, Bill?" My questions were flying out of my mouth a mile a minute. I was glad that I was not the only one not listening to either Bill or Charlie telling us to shut it. How on earth could we? We just had this bomb dropped on us!
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:35 am

I elbowed George to be quiet and I just shrugged to Bill.  If he wanted them to listen, he'd have to start answring some questions over the din of this small crowd.  I knew that this was practically like wakling into a den of starving lions... but this had to be done.  Especially since he was going to be leaving in a couple of months.  I thought itwas great that they were going to pay his travel expenses.  I could not see Mum's face, but I was worried about her.  I walked up to Mum and put my hands on her shoulders.  I knew this was big news.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:37 am

I smacked my brother as he walked by for elbowing me. "C'mon, Bill. It's time to answer us! We deserve to know why you're abandoning your family," I said, glaring at my eldest brother.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bill Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:46 am

Okay, that was the last straw.  "Alright, enough!" I shouted.  I was glad they all actually listened.  "I'm not abandoning anybody, George.  Hate to disappoint any of you, but I'm going to Egypt, and anything you say today will just mean that I'll leave on bad terms.  I have untli September to leave... but they said they'd take me sooner if you all don't give it a rest, I might just leave in a week!" I was sure that they would interrupt me again, but they all stayed quiet.  I took a deep breath and figured to keep plowing ahead.  "I will be working as a curse breaker for Gringott's over in Egypt.  They're paying for my travel there and will help me get settled in with pay and stuff before I have to start paying for teh flat and stuff.  I have always dreamed big and I want this.  I knew about the offer awhile ago -- but it was all contingent on my NEWTs.  So not to jinx myself, I didn't tell you.  There was no point then in worrying you about it unless it would actually happen."  I was trying to go into more detail than the siblings wanted because this is what I was going to tell my mother.  I hoped she realized that this was aimed mostly at her.  I really wished that the rest of the lions were not here in the den right now.
Bill Weasley
Bill Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Charlie Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:52 am

I don't know how any of them could not get excited for Bill. The excitement was in his voice; he was getting pumped just talking about it. I could not believe that they all still looked like they hated him right now. Did they not see the brightness in his eyes? I guess they were all still being super selfish and thinking about how he was leaving instead of why he was leaving. They were all really young, though. So it did make sense. They would understand later once they grew up a little bit. Bill and I knew that this would be hard on them... just wait for two years. I was going to leave, too.
Charlie Weasley
Charlie Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:59 am

I finally found my voice.  I cleared my throat and said, "Well, it sounds like we have two things to celebrate, then."  I squeezed Charlie's hands that were on my shoulders and then I stood up, finishing getting the food out for everyone.  I looked around and saw that no one moved or had said anything.  I smiled and Bill with watery eyes.  I pulled him into a hug.  "I am very proud of you, sweetheart," I whispered to him.  Then it seemed like that was all anyone else started talking all at once again.  It was hard for me to get my head wrapped around this idea... but Bill seemed so happy.  Almost more happy than I had ever seen him in all his seventeen years.  So who was I to hold him back from his dream?
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  George Weasley Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:22 pm

What?!  She was just going to let it go that easily?  She needed to fight this!  We could not lose Bill!  He was running away from the family!  But then again... a curse breaker sounded pretty cool.  But no.  I would not like this one bit.  "Yeah, congrats, then," I said in a moody voice.  This was going to suck.
George Weasley
George Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum