Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989

4 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989 Empty It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:46 pm

The kids were at a preschool center that helped babysit outside of the technical preschool hours so that way I could go to work.  I knew that Jada couldn't wait until she could start up at Hogwarts soon.  I just coulnd't believe that she was this old already.  September wasn't far off... and I knew that she just was probably driving everyone besides me insane as well.  Her first year was nearly upon us.  I had stopped by the grocery store before picking up Jetty and Jada from the sitters.  I needed to grab some things for supper for the week and the rest of the food that my kids seemed to devour in a matter of minutes.  And I swear if I didn't have my two kids, I would never go to the grocery store; I hated that place... it was always a horrendous mess of crazed mothers and, unfortunately, tonight I probably fell into that category.  I was already running a little behind as it was -- not that the sitter minded, it's just that work had kept me over and I was a little peeved.  Just overall a bad day.  And it had just gotten worse when I nearly ran into someone because I was lost in my own thoughts.  "Oh, I am so sorry," I said, having dropped my list that I had been looking at.  I bent and picked it up.  I turned to at least smile politely and I couldn't believe my eyes.  "Michael?" I asked, thinking I had to be mistaken.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989 Empty Re: It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989

Post  Michael Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:50 pm

I really wish she would have let me pick up the paper for her.  I hadn't been watching where I was going either.  Then I saw the beautiful blue eyes and I coulnd't believe it.  "Oh, my goodness, Tobi!" I said, smiling at her.  I hadn't seen her since we graduated from Hogwarts.  We both  went our own ways and I haven't heard or seen much of her since.  I felt a little guilty seeing her though... especially with the way things had ended between us.  I wasn't exactly the most honorable of men at that time.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989 Empty Re: It was as if the universe wanted you to find me - Summer 1989

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:52 pm

It has been nearly eleven years since I had seen Michael.  I gave him a big hug and pulled back, grinning at him.  "How are you?" I asked, pulling him to the side so we were at least more out of the way.  I knew I needed to get shopping and stuff, but how was I going to blow him off?  He had been one of my best friends at school and, yes even an exboyfriend.  With the way things worked out... it was probably best that he had been an ex.  I wondered how he had gotten along after school.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:56 pm

"I'm doing well, thank you.  Just got back from a jaunt to America actually.  Figured it was time to actually stock my new fridge," I said with a slight chuckle.  "How is everything with you?"  That question came out a little bit wrong, but I guess I had to go with it now.  I couldn't believe what was coming back to me with just seeing her.  I, of course, had had relationships since her.  But I never could put my finger on why they never worked out until I saw her.  Tobi had my heart and I knew thta it would never work out now -- she was probably married and I knew she had at least one child.  And what was I thinking?  We were just being civil and polite to each other... why was my mind running rampant with ideas already?
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:58 pm

I raised my eyebrows.  "You were in America?  Why was that?" I asked him.  I hoped that he didn't think I was prying or anything.  And yes, I was only slightly avoiding his question of how I was.  I didn't want to bring up any bad memories with him or anything.  i figured I would be nice and not even mention anything that may bring that up -- and yes that did mean my daughter.  But it wasn't like I was going to see Michael again after this anyways, so why did it matter?  Yes, I normally bragged my kids up... but I was a little hesitant with him.  I didn't want it to get all awkward -- well, worse than it was anyways.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:00 pm

I shrugged off her question slightly.  "Just work stuff.  I wish it had been for pleasure," I told her.  I had been there for five years helping with the million dollar idea and project.  I was just so happy to be back where I called home.  I had been the head of the project so it wasn't like I had been able to skip out on going to New York.  I smiled at her.  "You didn't answer me though.  How have you been?" I didnt' know why it was so important to me to know.  I guess I just wanted to know if things turned out the way she had always dreamed they would.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:03 pm

How interesting... I wanted to know some more details, but I thought that would be a little rude for me to keep prying.  I smiled at him and said, "Things have been great for me.  A little hectic... filled with some drama of course, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I still keep in touch with Ember a lot.  We both force our kids to hang out with each other so we can get time together... I feel kind of bad about doing that, but the four of them seem to get along for the most part."  I was sneaky slipping in that between Ember and I we had four kids.  I wondered how he would divide them; most people would probably assume two and two... which would be correct in thsi case.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:04 pm

Interesting... that was nice that they had kids that at least got along.  I smiled at her.  I glanced at my watch.  "Do you need to get home to your kids?" I asked, thinking that I wasn't sure if there was someone -- like a husband -- who would be home with them or not or if they needed their mother.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:05 pm

At first I thought he was going to make an excuse to leave, but I thought it was nice that he asked me that.  I shook my head slightly.  "Not right away... I have a sitter," I said with a slight sigh.  "But if we could shop and catch up...?" I wanted to catch up with him as much as possible.  It had been way too long since I had seen him.  I didn't even care if things had ended badly between us, I missed Michael.  He had always been wonderufl to talk to.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:08 pm

I chuckled a little bit.  "Lead the way... I have no idea what I came for and since you're the one with the list, I'll tag along and grab what I need when I see it," I suggested, stepping aside to let her lead the way.  We chatted a little bit about my job and what I had been doing in New York.  I could tell that she was a little hesitant about certain things.  "Tobi... you know you are allowed to tell me about your kids like a normal mum would.  I swear, I won't run," I said, giving myself a hard time since that's what I had done in the past.  I figured she was dying to brag about something... all mum's had to brag about their kids.  And it always did put a smile on my face when they did so.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:10 pm

I laughed and realized he still knew me.  "Well, if you can believe it's been this long since we've seen each other, my little girl is going to be starting at Hogwarts in September.  And my son is two years behind her -- thankfully.  I don't know what I'd do if they had been closer together... they're a handful as it is," I said, rolling my eyes.  I grabbed some of Jetty's favorite cereal.  I was watching what Michael was grabbing and wondered if he even knew what to be making for himself.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Wow... it had been that long since we had seen each other.  Time flies -- especially when one is across the ocean from the other.  I enjoyed the glow she got when she talked about her kids.  "Really?  I bet she is excited," I said, smiling at October.  Then I saw that odd look on her face.  "What?  Everything okay?" I clarified.  I mean... we're we crossing a line here or something?  I wondered if her husband would be okay with any of this...
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:15 pm

I laughed at the look on Michael's face.  "EVerything is fine... it's just... you don't cook for yourself much, do you?" I asked, pointing at what he had in his hands.  "If you don't have plans for dinner and since you just got back a couple days ago, why don't you come over and I make you a decent meal.  The kids won't mind.  But you would have to excuse the mess... I'm sure there are toys and clothes all over the place.  Especially with Jada trying to get all of her favorite things packed in a trunk that doesn't need packed for a copule of months."  I really hoped I wasn't being too forward... or maybe I would just come off osunding like a mum.  He needed a proper meal... and what he had in his hands was not it.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:16 pm

I couldn't help but laugh nd I felt myself go a little pink in the hceeks.  "I mean, if your family really wouldn't mind... I would greatly appreciate it," I told her with a grin.  We moved to a checkout line in the meantime.
Michael Bane
Michael Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  October Monroe Bane Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:19 pm

I shook my head and paid the cashier for my groceries.  "Not at all... it's just me and the kids and I know some adult conversation is always greatly appreciated," I answered, waiting for him.  He offered to carry a couple of my bags since he only had a small little bag.  We walked to my place since it wasn't that far.  "I have to drop the groceries and then go pick up the kids... it might be best if you waited at the house... Jada is extremely overbearing sometimes that it almost is rude."  I had to warn him about them... Jetty would probably be quiet around him; he's more on teh shy side.  jada however... she is very outspoken.
October Monroe Bane
October Monroe Bane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next