Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE BURROW: Being accepted is something that can't be replaced -- Summer 1992

3 posters

Go down

THE BURROW:  Being accepted is something that can't be replaced -- Summer 1992 Empty THE BURROW: Being accepted is something that can't be replaced -- Summer 1992

Post  Draco Malfoy Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:04 pm

It was the summer after my first year of being the most intolerable member of the Malfoy family.  I was pleased to see my sister getting a bit more favorable attention, but it was hard for me to be so disliked by Father.  I was not really used to it.  After a few weeks of being home, I had convinced Mother to let me leave for a mate's house for a week.  It was all she could manage to get father to agree to.  I was at the Burrow -- Ron's family's place -- and felt extremely out of place as I normally did when I was with my fellow Gryffindors.  I was not entirely sure if I would ever get used to it.  Not when Juniper was still stuck in the Malfoy plan.

I had been up quite early and sat in an old chair, looking over some magazines that Mrs. Weasley owned.  Certain pages were folded down in the corner and I saw that they were knitting patterns for jumpers, scarves, blankets... things like that.  I chuckled slightly and then heard movement.  It was Mrs. Weasley coming in from outside; I imagine that she was in the chicken coop gathering fresh eggs.  "Good morning, Mrs. Weasley," I said to her properly. I stood up and went to help her with the basket.  Even though as children, my sister and I hardly ever received respect, we were taught to give it.  We had to or we would get severe punishment.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

THE BURROW:  Being accepted is something that can't be replaced -- Summer 1992 Empty Re: THE BURROW: Being accepted is something that can't be replaced -- Summer 1992

Post  Molly Weasley Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:01 pm

I smiled kindly at the boy.  "You are up bright an early," I said to him.  "Oh, dear, just sit... I'll start making a spot of breakfast for you."  I would not let him take the basket.  He was raised to be polite, but only to those who mattered... I could tell he sitll had a hard time with everything.  He was merely twelve after all.  

"Did you see something you liked in that pamphlet?" I questioned, having seen him looking through the magazine that I kept with knitting patterns.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

THE BURROW:  Being accepted is something that can't be replaced -- Summer 1992 Empty Re: THE BURROW: Being accepted is something that can't be replaced -- Summer 1992

Post  Ron Weasley Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:47 pm

I rolled over in my sleep and was vaguely aware that Draco was not on the makeshift bed on my floor, but I thought nothing of it.  I just rolled back over and slept some more.
Ron Weasley
Ron Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:48 pm

I looked at Mrs. Weasley and listened, sitting back down.  I glanced at the magazines and then back at her.  "Oh, well, they look interesting... but I don't do knit or crochet," I said, not remembering which one the patterns were for.  "I do love the jumper you made for me, though.  I know that I had written to you, but never properly thanked you in person for it."  It was the first handmade gift I ever received outside something Juniper had made for me over the years.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:35 am

I smiled kindly at Draco and could here the sincerity in his voice.  "You are very welcome, dear," I said to him.  "And I could teach you how to knit if you'd like.  I find it to be quite calming..."  I trailed off, sure that the young boy would not want to hear boring details of being a housewife in England.  As I whipped the eggs and set them on the burner, I realized that he followed me into the kitchen.

It almost looked like he was curious.  "Would you like to help?" I questioned, moving over to the cutting board to chop up some tomatoes to put into the omelets I was going to be making.
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Fri Mar 11, 2016 10:53 am

I was surprised that Mrs. Weasley said that she would teach me.  Maybe that was somethign I could do for my sister.  I mean... I was barely allowed to use the family's money for school anymore, let alone Christmas gifts.  "I'd like that," I said to her with a smile.

I went over to the cutting board where Mrs. Weasley was.  "Won't it be easier just to use magic?" I questioned.  "I'd just slow you down."
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Molly Weasley Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:28 am

I smiled kindly at the boy.  "Ah, magic may be faster and easier... but it is far more enjoyable doing it this way when I have company who is willing to help," I teased, showing him how to cut up the tomatoes the easiest way.  "Then just scoop them into that bowl there and we'll move on to the peppers."
Molly Weasley
Molly Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Draco Malfoy Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:02 pm

I started to chop the tomatoes and realized that Mum and I never did anything quite like this.  We had the house elf for everything.  Dad would never been seen doing any of this nonsense.  It was too low for him to dirty his hands with in his opinion.  "Okay," I said to her.  "Does anyone else help?" I found that chopping the tomatoes was actually relaxing.
Draco Malfoy
Draco Malfoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down