Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

True love isn't easy. It must be fought for because once you find it, it can never be replaced -- Summer 1993

2 posters

Go down

True love isn't easy.  It must be fought for because once you find it, it can never be replaced -- Summer 1993 Empty True love isn't easy. It must be fought for because once you find it, it can never be replaced -- Summer 1993

Post  Ember Potter Black Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:57 am

The kids were over at the Lupins -- I sent them that way so I could deal with the news that Sirius escaped Azkaban.  I wanted to see him so badly; but he could not come home.  He had to find a way to contact us.  I was wearing jean shorts and one of Sirius's tank tops -- I had my bikini beneath it because I had been swimming in the Lupin's lake.  I felt like I was a mess and I just needed a breather from two teenagers constantly fighting.  Which was the main reason why I was home by myself.  I splashed cold water on my face and threw my damp hair up into an extremely messy bun. 

I looked at myself in the mirror of the bathroom and felt tears come to my eyes as I looked at myself.  My hair was long and messy.  I had shadows under my eyes.  I could barely see the girl that I was when Sirius and I got married because I was hardly the girl he left behind when he went after Peter.  I had to raise two kids by myself and deal with the ridicules of being Sirius Black's wife.  No one knew the truth and, if anyone heard rumors, no one believed the truth.  I held onto the ring that was on a chain around my neck -- it was Sirius's wedding band.  I had always hoped he would somehow get home.  But he was a fugitive... he should not come here.

Taking a deep breath to calm myself, I walked out of the bathroom.  I went into the kitchen to make some tea.  Getting the pot on the stove, I went to the cupboard to grab a mug.  When I turned around, I froze.  The mug dropped to the floor because standing at the other side of the kitchen was my fugitive husband.
Ember Potter Black
Ember Potter Black

Back to top Go down

True love isn't easy.  It must be fought for because once you find it, it can never be replaced -- Summer 1993 Empty Re: True love isn't easy. It must be fought for because once you find it, it can never be replaced -- Summer 1993

Post  Sirius Black Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:56 am

I was a mess and hadn't really used my voice in forever. She looked beautiful as always, tired yes but always beautiful. "Em.." I said with my arms up. I really had no idea how shes going to react seeing me.
Sirius Black
Sirius Black

Back to top Go down