Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The problem isn't the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem -- Summer 2000

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The problem isn't the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem -- Summer 2000 Empty The problem isn't the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem -- Summer 2000

Post  Dean Black Mon May 19, 2014 6:04 pm

I had to hunt down Lucy.  I knew this whole thing with Uncle Remus was wearing on her.  I found her at her and Ayden's lace working on the nursery.  She was looking lovely with her baby bump.  "Hey, Lu," I said, knocking on the door slightly.  I enjoyed the fact that the room was all done up in dinosaurs.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

The problem isn't the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem -- Summer 2000 Empty Re: The problem isn't the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem -- Summer 2000

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon May 19, 2014 6:05 pm

I had just finished hanging the mobile above the crib.  "Hi Dean!" I said happily stepping off of the step stool to give him a hug.  I pulled back and smiled at him.  "To what do I owe the pleasure?" I started to clean up the bit of a mess in the nursery that I had made putting together the mobile.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

The problem isn't the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem -- Summer 2000 Empty Re: The problem isn't the problem, the problem is your attitude about the problem -- Summer 2000

Post  Dean Black Mon May 19, 2014 6:05 pm

I was not sure if Lucy should be pregnant and up on a stool but I was not about to tell her what to do.  I learned with Addie not to anger a pregnant woman intentionally.  "I just wanted to see how you're doing," I said nonchalantly.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon May 19, 2014 6:06 pm

I brushed my hands on my knees and put them on my hips afterwards.  "I'm fine, Dean," I said, though my tone probably told him otherwise.  I just did not really feel like discussing it.  But I knew Dean would not let it drop that easily.  Hopefully he would heed my look I was giving him.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon May 19, 2014 6:07 pm

I rolled my eyes at Lucy.  "Lu... c'mon.  talk to me," I said.  I took her hands and led her to sit down in the rocking chair.  I sat on the little ottoman that came with it.  "I know you, Lu.  You're worrying about Uncle Remus and Aunt Chloe."
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon May 19, 2014 6:08 pm

I sighed and pushed my blonde hair behind my ear.  "Well... aren't we all?  Dad's not himself.  Mum is still in the hospital unable to help," I pointed out.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon May 19, 2014 6:08 pm

I nodded; she was right.  We all were worried about them.  But I knew the look on her face.  "Lucy... you need to try to look at this differently.  I have and the new Uncle Remus isn't all bad.  No, he's nowhere near his old self, but that's not necessariliy as bd as we all think," I explained, my elbows on my knees as I talked, looking at her.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon May 19, 2014 6:09 pm

I sighed again.  "Dean... he's going to turn into everything he hated," I told him.  Ayden and I spoke about this.  No we were not always right, but my husband knew about werewolves -- and the bad ones -- better than anyone.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon May 19, 2014 6:10 pm

I shook my head at her.  "But he might not," I countered.  "Try to have a different point of view on all of this.  Think of this as a way to get to know an entirely new side of your dad."  That was what I was trying to do.  To be honest, it was quite interesting.  I was enjoying it for the most part.  But at times he was even too dark for me to recognize.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon May 19, 2014 6:11 pm

I was not too sure about that.  he was my dad, though... so I had to at least try, didn't I?  "I hate the way he looks at me, though.  There's no love.  He barely even cares.  I thought I'd have doting parents trying to spoil their unborn grandchild," I said, shaking my head and placing a hand on my baby bump.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon May 19, 2014 6:12 pm

I put a hand on Lucy's knee.  "It's worth a try, though.  He's still your dad -- even if his memory isnt' entirely there.  Give it some time," I said.  I felt like I was stealing the advice my mum had given to me when I went to her about how odd it was to see Uncle Remus this way.  I obviously changed some of it to help Lucy's scenario.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon May 19, 2014 6:12 pm

I laughed a litte.  "You sound so grown up," I stated.  "When did that happen?" I had to give Dean a hard time.  We were all growing up... I could not believe that everyone was married and going to start our families.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon May 19, 2014 6:13 pm

I stood up and stretched.  "I have no idea," I answered.  "It really doesn't feel like I'm all that grown up... but I do have a daughter.  So I guess I am."  I chuckled and shook my head.  "How are things going with Nolan?" I knew Lucy had issues with Ayden's brother -- more recently than ever before.  Things used to be good there, but I knew there was strain now ever since Uncle Remus ended up killing Greyback.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Lucy Lupin Greyback Mon May 19, 2014 6:15 pm

I shrugged, using Dean to get back up.  One bad thing about being pregnant -- it was hard getting back to moving.  I pushed loose hair away from my face.  "It's been better.  There's a lot of strain between him and Ayden," I said.  "I'm not entirely sure why there's still issues there now... but it's gotten bad again.  I don't know if I can help them with this.  I have so much on my mind with Mum, Dad, prearing for th ebaby..." I sighed.  "I don't want to dismiss his family since Nolan is all Ayden has left, but I don't know if I can help with this."  I hoped that did not make me a horribl eperson.
Lucy Lupin Greyback
Lucy Lupin Greyback

Back to top Go down

Post  Dean Black Mon May 19, 2014 6:15 pm

"Well... you need to focus on you and the baby," I pointed out.  I put a hand on her shoulder.  "Don't worry so much about everyone else."  I knew Lucy, though.  She was a worrier.  She could nto help herself.
Dean Black
Dean Black

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next