Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You can come to me, for anything..TBD

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

You can come to me, for anything..TBD - Page 2 Empty Re: You can come to me, for anything..TBD

Post  James Potter Sat May 10, 2014 4:50 pm

Was it fast?  Perhaps.  But it would definitely be worth the risk if it was something Harry truly wanted.  I ran a hand through my messy hair.  "I agree to ask Arthur for her hand.  Unfortunately for you, you may have to go through her brothers, too.  I would almost say check with Ron at least, mainly because he's your best mate.  Your Uncle Sirius asked for both mine and your grandpa's permission when asking your aunt.  It had really meant a lot to me," I said to Harry.  "And by the sounds of it Harry, she has always liked you.  I, personally, would take the risk."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

You can come to me, for anything..TBD - Page 2 Empty Re: You can come to me, for anything..TBD

Post  Harry J. Potter Fri May 16, 2014 11:41 am

I nodded taking in everything dad was saying to me. " Yeah, I have to ask everyone.....Ron is more all right with it than I know Charlie is. I mean, they appear to like me but every time I get to talking to Ron about it. I become incredibly nervous and my hands get clammy. " I explained. " I truly am hopeless...." I said as I looked at dad who seemed to be enjoying my little rant. " So uncle Sirius asking for her hand made it easier for you to take in?" I asked him.
Harry J. Potter
Harry J. Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  James Potter Fri May 16, 2014 5:09 pm

The family always seemed to like you until you ask for their daughter's hand in marriage.  The Evans... boy, was that interesting.  I smiled at Harry when he said he was hopeless.  "Kiddo, you're not hopeless.  Trust me.  Aaand, well," I said, purposely dragging out the word trying to figure out how I wanted to explain it.  "By that time I had gotten over the anger of my best mate dating my little sister.  Actually, I think that once I knew that your uncle was that serious about my sister... I knew he would protect her no matter what.  And so it did make it a tad easier.  But, you'll come to realize this with Lyla, no one will ever be good enough for a baby sister.  No one.  Not even your best mate... but you come to terms with the fact that he makes her happy.  And, of course, any upset it may cause does subside as everyone gets used to the idea."
James Potter
James Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Lyla Potter wrote:I nodded, biting my lip slightly.  I was surprised that she did not have more to say about Ian than that.  "Okay... so now Xander's turn," I said excitedly.  "He's super sweet, talented, sticks up for the little guy, and all that type of stuff.  I mean, I always thought he thought I was just some dorky younger kid on the quidditch team since he's even older than Ian.  But of course I had to prove him wrong and that I am quite talented -- like Harry was.  I don't really know how our friendship turned into something more, but it just feels natural.  There's chemistry... and, Mum, he is so yummy.  Like... super cute.  Gorgeous.  Well, they both are.  But there's still a downfall to Xander like there was with Ian, though different.  Xander reminds me a little of Harry and Dad, always wanting to protect me.  I'm not a porcelain doll that breaks easily.  And I dunno if I want to deal with proving to someone else that I am quite capable of handling myself," I explained, hoping she understood why it was just so hard to choose between Ian and Xander.  "So, that's why I'm with both of them right now.  It gives me time to figure out which one fits me best."  I grinned, quite proud of myself for getting through it all as easily as I did.

Smiling to her, " I was like that with your dad actually....it was difficult to break him of that...just stick up for yourself and it'll become easier...." I explained. " To really just tell him to shush and do what you were planning on doing anyway....the downfall is he's protective?...does he tell you can't do something?" I asked her. " Chemistry is a very good thing though hunny." I told her as I couldn't help but smile knowing I was helping our little girl with boy drama.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

https://eramarauders.darkbb.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyla Potter Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:35 pm

I shook my head.  "No... he never says I can't do something," I said, thinking of how I wanted to explain it.  "But you know how Dad and Harry get those looks.. well, that's Xander.  You can tell he's dying to say something, but at least he's smarter than Dad and Harry -- he knows not to argue with me about things."  I grinned at Mum, so happy that she was being so cool about all of this.  If Dad and Harry heard the way I was speaking about the guys, they would flip out.  I enjoyed talking to Faith about my boy drama, too.  Evan, well, Evan was a different story.  I felt really close to him and yet so distant at the same time.  It was weird, but at least he was a part of the family now.  It took a long time to get here for him.
Lyla Potter
Lyla Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:24 am

I laughed as she said he's smarter. " I wouldn't bring that up to either of them hon. I can see where your\re coming from though." I said as I ran a hand through my hair tying in up into a ponytail as she continued talking. " He will soon enough...he's worried about you it will slip out. Its easy to shrug it off sometimes though. Others, not so much." I said as I smiled to her. I was glad we could have these little talks.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyla Potter Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:18 am

I nodded, understanding what she was getting at.  "It's just frustrating sometimes, though," I pointed out to her.  Though I knew she already knew that.
Lyla Potter
Lyla Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily M. Evans Potter Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:12 am

I nodded understanding where she was coming from. " Trust me...I know what you mean....I had your dad and your uncles pestering me to make sure I was and stayed okay." I told her as I laughed. I remembered most of them like it was yesterday. " For example....before your dad and I started dating....there was this chair in the common room, I loved it. It was right in between the window and the fireplace. Your dad pretty much scared everyone else who wanted to use it so I would have it. " I told her.
Lily M. Evans Potter
Lily M. Evans Potter
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyla Potter Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:09 pm

I could not help but laugh.  "That's great!  Xander yells at the twins if they miss a bludger and it barely touches me at practice... that's alright, though.  It's at least entertaining," I pointed out, grinning.  "But then again... it gets irritating when it's other things.  But I know he means well, so I try to have patience."  Which was not my strong suit at all.
Lyla Potter
Lyla Potter

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum