Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think before you make up your mind -- December 1991

2 posters

Go down

Think before you make up your mind -- December 1991 Empty Think before you make up your mind -- December 1991

Post  Remus Lupin Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:58 am

I finally got the chance to meet with Chloe. I hated all the exams and whatnot we tried to cram in before the holidays... it made my time to see Chloe a lot more difficult. But we had our little date set for today and I have been trying to keep her up to date with what was going on with my half-sister. I had no idea what to do about anything. I would love to have nothing to do with her because of my mother. I had us a table in the restaurant and waited for my lovely wife. Maybe this was the universe's way of getting my mind off of losing my father this past August. I had no idea... but I definitely needed someone to tell me what to do about it.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Think before you make up your mind -- December 1991 Empty Re: Think before you make up your mind -- December 1991

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:42 am

I walked into the restaurant looking for Remus, finding him quickly. Smiling I walked over, " Hi honey." I said as I took a quick peck from him and sat down on the other side. " Have you been waiting long?" I asked him. HE would never tell me anyway but it was always a good try to ask him.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Think before you make up your mind -- December 1991 Empty Re: Think before you make up your mind -- December 1991

Post  Remus Lupin Tue Oct 08, 2013 4:44 pm

I gave my lovely wife a kiss and shook my head.  "Not at all," I assured her.  I was going to be a good husband and ask about her, but what came out of my mouth was not what I meant to say at all.  "What am I supposed to do about this?  That woman has been dead to me for years and now Miss Quinn -- Desdemona -- shows up?  And it's not like it's not obvious to me now why that kid looked familiar to me... she has her written all over her.  It's not her fault.  But I just don't know what to do... and I don't know if I can do what you're probably going to tell me to do," I said, running a hand through my hair and sighing.  Then I smiled slightly.  "I mean, hi honey, how are you?"
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:37 am

I folded my hands together, " uh, " I closed my mouth together. " Well, if you already know my response I will make sure that she has a space at Christmas." I assured him. " I know you...you are not going to forget about her. It isn't who you are...you want to know her. It makes perfect sense." I put some hair behind my ears. " Remus, you are going to invite her to Christmas dinner at our house. " Taking his hand, " You want to get to know her....which again makes sense. " I smiled, " It is a tricky situation and I know what type of woman she is. Miss Quinn...Des...will need a place to go too. " I said. " She will need to get to know you and you her. " I said as I smiled at his reaction. " I am fine darling...." I said at his finishing question. " Also, ultimately it is your choice on how you handle it."
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:31 pm

<< Btw, Remus loves that pic of Chloe!!! >.

I squeezed her hand and sighed.  I would rather it not be up to me on how to handle this.  I mean, Chloe was obviously right about everything.  There would be no way I could forget about having a half sister... especially one who is clearly having issues with our mother.  I almost felt like Miss Quinn -- Des... it was going to be so hard calling her that -- needed saving.  But was I able to do it?  I smiled the best I could at my wife.  "I will extend your -- our -- offer to her about the holidays.  She wants to stay at Hogwarts... so I'm sure she would end up coming."  I sighed again.  I really didn't want to come off sounding like a child and I really did not want to hurt Chloe's feelings... but I really just wished I could talk to my dad.  He always knew how to handle the situations dealing with my mother.  He helped a lot after I told him what happened with me going to her wedding.  I looked away for a moment and then back at Chloe.  "I can't help but wonder if she showed up because of everything.  You know... with it being the first Christmas without him..."  It was so hard to say that out loud.  I knew Chloe would understand... she was so patient with me with losing Dad.  I know they were extremely close, too... I mean, he did give her away at our wedding.  Maybe this was the universe's way of giving me a family member to be close to after losing the only one I cared about for so long (obviously excluding my wife and kids).
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:02 am

I squeezed his hand, " It'll be all right honey, I can't help you make up the decision. You have to do it. I am here for you as much as I can be." I told him knowing he already knew what was going on. " It'll be a hard one for sure, babe...but he'll be there. " I said as it was a hard sentence to do. " We'll handle that when it comes to that one." I told him, understanding how he could wonder about it. If she would show up at our house. I would only let her in if he wanted her to be there. I do not want her in the house if she was going to be cruel. Wondering how I would kick her out of the house was another situation that I wanted to be prepared for.

(Thanks, she does too! ))
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:04 am

I sighed and shook my head.  "I'll tell her to come," I said, knowing that no matter how I felt about it, it was the right thing to do.  Perhaps it would help with keeping my mind off of Dad.  "You realize she's only four years older than Will." This was going to be so odd and ridiculous.  I was fifteen years or so older than she... and she was barely older than my eldest child.  Chloe was so sweet to be dealing with me right now.  I couldn't imagine how difficult this was for her.  I felt like I owed it to Chloe to give my sister a chance... I knew my wife would give anything to have her sister back in her life... so I was not about to just let Des walk out of mine because it was a difficult thing for me to deal with.  I had to at least try.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Fri Oct 18, 2013 10:33 am

I clapped his hands, " Good, I knew you wouldn't want to let it pass you by....even if it may be awkward for the pair of you..I'll offer what help I can to make it not so awkward." I said as I laughed at his reaction. " Just trying to get a grin." I said with an innocent smile. " It'll be wonderful and try not to think about the age gap. I know it'll be hard. Especially with her being a student...but think of it at Christmas and she's family. I don't mind having another to cook for. " I told him, " I love having more people come to Christmas. " I said I loved having everyone over. Especially with James and Lily back we would end up having group dinners to go to left, right and center.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:07 pm

I did have to chuckle a little bit.  "Really her being a student is no different than Will or Dean being students... I'll just have that mindset I suppose," I said, getting my brain to wrap around all of this.  "And I know I'm doing the right thing only because it's the difficult choice.  When is doing the right thing ever easy?" I said, shaking my head slightly.  But enough moping around about it.  "But speaking of Christmas dinner... do you need me to grab or do anything else than me staying out of your way come dinnertime?" I teased.  She always told me to stay out of hte kitchen all because once I let something burn.  Okay, it was more than once, but if I kept my mind solely on cooking it turned out pretty great.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chloe Murdock Lupin Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:14 pm

I laughed and nodded my head, " Especially for us..." I said with a smirk. It had been hard on us but as long as we were together. It would be wonderful. " You could pick a few more veggies up for me. Oh, we'll need an entire new setting for Des. I want her to have her own...which we should have done before hand. " I said as a list had been prepared in my head and I was just noticing it.
Chloe Murdock Lupin
Chloe Murdock Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Remus Lupin Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:39 pm

I laughed and nodded.  "Sounds like a plan... I can handle veggies," I said, teasing myself.  I had to snap out of this rut that I was feeling since losing Dad.  I was sure that I was always mopey and whatnot.  Perhaps I just needed to unwind over the holiday and I would feel a little bit better.
Remus Lupin
Remus Lupin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down