Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you -- Summer 2008

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Never be ashamed of a scar.  It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you -- Summer 2008 Empty Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you -- Summer 2008

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:03 pm

My little girl was out playing in the pool on the hot summer day in her bathing suit.  She was nine years old and I thanked my lucky stars every single birthday that she was still with us thanks to Bill.  I knew that this was one of the first years that she was starting to get a little interested in her looks -- she was not quite yet at puberty, but it was coming at a nice pace.  Something Charlie did not like to think about.  Either way, she wanted a two piece bikini to be outside in and she was becoming more aware of her body in general.  I walked out and had a couple of glasses of lemonade in my hands.  "Honey?  WHy don't you come up to the house and have something to drink?  Take a bit of a break," I suggested to her.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Never be ashamed of a scar.  It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you -- Summer 2008 Empty Re: Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you -- Summer 2008

Post  Quinn Weasley Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:31 am

I looked up towards my mum and smiled, swimming to the ladder, climbing out of the pool.  I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around mself so I was not entirely dripping wet when I got onto the porch where my mum was waiting for me.  "Thanks Mum!" I said to her, taking the glass of lemonade.  "This tastes yummy!"
Quinn Weasley
Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Never be ashamed of a scar.  It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you -- Summer 2008 Empty Re: Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you -- Summer 2008

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:02 pm

I chuckled at Quinn.  "I'm glad that it's yummy," I said to her, roughing up her wet hair.  "Why don't you let me wash it before it gets tangled up?"
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Weasley Tue Jan 27, 2015 6:55 pm

I nodded, sitting in front of my mum while she combed through my red hair.  I stayed silent for a little bit, but decided I wanted to ask her about something.  "Mum... I can ask you anything, right?" I said, turning slightly to look into my mum's eyes.
Quinn Weasley
Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 29, 2015 4:19 am

I was combing through Quinn's long, red hair and looked down into her brown eyes.  "Of course you can," I assured her.  Charlie and I always told her she could come to us about anything.  And she was not quite old enough yet to be self-conscious about what she talked to us about.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Weasley Tue May 05, 2015 4:02 am

I took another sip of lemonade and then asked, "I was really sick before wasn't I?" I knew that was partly why Dad hated me getting out in the cold without proper protection and everything else.  "Is that where this scar came from?" I pointed to the small, slightly faded scar I had.
Quinn Weasley
Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Tue May 05, 2015 6:18 am

I continue brushing her hair and sighed.  "Yes, that's exactly why you have that scar," I said to my daughter.  "It's also why your dad can be a pain sometimes."  I wanted to add a little humor to everything.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Weasley Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:28 pm

I turned around and grinned at my mum.  "Dad is a pain, isn't he?  But it's because he doesn't want me sick again, huh?" I clarified, turning once more so mum could continue to detangle my long red hair.
Quinn Weasley
Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Fri Jun 05, 2015 8:40 am

I laughed at Quinn and continued untangling her long hair.  "Yes, that's exactly why he is a pain," I said to her softly.  "You had gotten sick and Uncle Bill helped you.  That is why you have matching scars..."
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Weasley Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:14 am

I smiled, turning to look at my mum.  "Is that why Uncle Bill calls me his special girl?" I questioned.  Then I frowned slightly.  "Why didn't you or dad help me?  Why did it have to be Uncle Bill?"  I was always curious.
Quinn Weasley
Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:53 am

I nodded at my little girl.  "You're right, that's exactly why," I replied easily.  The second part of what Quinn was asking was a bit harder to explain -- especially to a young girl her age.  "We tried; your dad and I weren't matches to you... and it needed to be a match or else you could have been really injured or worse."
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Weasley Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:48 pm

I looked at Mum and could tell that she was a little nervous about this.  I smiled t her.  "Oh, okay," I said simply.  "Will the scars ever go away?  What if I get made fun of because of them by a bunch of boys?"
Quinn Weasley
Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:16 pm

I smiled at my beautiful daughter.  "Well, if a bunch of boys tease you, you have a whole army of Weasleys at your command," I assured her, continuing to brush her red hair.  I sighed.  "And the scars will fade, honey, but I'm not sure if they'll ever completely go away."  Some things just could not be fixed by magic alone.
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Quinn Weasley Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:09 pm

I giggled.  "Oh, right, I'm sure that everyone would love to beat up little boys," I laughed as I spoke.  "And that's okay, I guess.  It'll just be something me and Uncle Bill have in common then."
Quinn Weasley
Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Desdemona Quinn Weasley Sun Mar 06, 2016 12:33 pm

I smiled and was pleased at Quinn being so okay with everything.  "Ah, yes, you and your uncle will always have that in common," I assured her.  "And just don't worry about it that much, dear.  I mean... by the time you actually start liking boys it won't be a big issue."
Desdemona Quinn Weasley
Desdemona Quinn Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next