Marauders Era
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't know if I can make it better, all I know is I'll be around -- Fall 1993

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I don't know if I can make it better, all I know is I'll be around -- Fall 1993 Empty I don't know if I can make it better, all I know is I'll be around -- Fall 1993

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:59 pm

I had just officially met Evan Potter, though my fahter had spoken of him.  He was now at Hogwarts and in my House even.  I sast by the lake with some lunch.  I could not help but be jealous about the entire situation.  I sighed and looked over my shoulder when I heard someone coming up behind me -- it was Jada.  "Hey," I said, popping some crisps into my mouth.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

I don't know if I can make it better, all I know is I'll be around -- Fall 1993 Empty Re: I don't know if I can make it better, all I know is I'll be around -- Fall 1993

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:01 pm

I had seen Jetty leave to go outside instead of eating lunch with everyone in the great Hall.  I got up and followed him.  I smiled and sat next to my younger brother.  "Why so glum?" I asked.  He looked really down since we got back to Hogwarts.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

I don't know if I can make it better, all I know is I'll be around -- Fall 1993 Empty Re: I don't know if I can make it better, all I know is I'll be around -- Fall 1993

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Of course my older sister would notice me not acting like myself.  I looked around to make sure no one else would hear us.  "Remember me telling you about Scabbers?" I asked, using his pet name the Weasleys gave my father.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:02 pm

I furrowed my brow slightly trying to remember who Scabbers was.  Right!  He was Peter!  I gasped slightly and nodded.  "Of course," I said.  I never spoke of it, so it was difficult for me to remember straight away.  I had kept Jetty's promise that I would not say anythign about Peter being alive.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:04 pm

"Well... there's a new development," I explained to Jada.  I really hoped that she would not get mad at me for having kept some of this secret from her.  I really was not supposed to tell her anything to be honest.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:05 pm

I raised my eyebrows, intrigued.  I stole some of his crisps and, before popping them into my mouth, said, "Oh Really?  What is it?" I really hoped he would nto back out of telling me what was going on.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:07 pm

I loved how Jada got all excited when there were juicy stories to be heard.  she always was a good listener.  "You know that new Potter kid?  well... Peter's been caring for him," I said, attempting to keep the envy and bitterness out of my voice.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:08 pm

I stared in utter and total disbelief.  "wait, what?" I questioned.  He could not be serious.  Peter would not even take care of Jetty... and he's caring for Evan Potter?  I understood where the bitterness was coming from.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:09 pm

I was glad that Jada was right there with me when it came down to the point of this .  It made me feel less stupid about my jealousy.  "Yeah," I said, nodding at my sister.  "He is raising another kid instead of me... it's mental."
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:09 pm

I put a hand on my little brother's shoulder.  "Jet... I'm sorry," I said as it really was the only thing I could say or do.  but now I was really okay with Peter not being involved in our lives.  I just wish he would leave Jetty alone.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:10 pm

I looked over at Jada and shook my head slightly.  "I'm just being stupid, aren't I?" I wanted her to tell me that this was metnal and it would be better to just not even let this bother me; to leave my dad alone and never talk to him again.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:11 pm

I ran my hand through my long hair and shrugged slighlty.  "Well... he's your dad.  It's hard to really say what this is.  there's no good way, really.  I just don't want you to always get hurt," I told him.  I could tell that this really bothered Jetty and I did not like that.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Unfortunately, she was right.  there was no good way to figure otu how to handle any of this.  It was not like there was any book out there as a manual for dealing with a dad who was partially mental and evil.  I sighed.  "I know," I replied.  "There's just so much more to all of this..." My mind went tohte Potters all locked up.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Jada Monroe Weasley Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:12 pm

I was not sure what all he was talking about, but I knew better than to ask him about anything.  so I just settled with nodding.  "I'm not going to tell you what to od with your dad, Jetty, but I will tell you to be careful."  I really did nto want him to get hurt and I felt like that was inevitable -- especially since I could hear hte envy in his voice about Evan getting raised by Peter instead of him.
Jada Monroe Weasley
Jada Monroe Weasley

Back to top Go down

Post  Jetty Pettigrew Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:13 pm

I smiled at her and nodded.  I appreciated the fact she did not try to pry into everything.  "Thanks, Jada," I said honeslty.  "I'll be careful.  You don't need to worry."  I hoped that she believed me with that.
Jetty Pettigrew
Jetty Pettigrew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next